Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #511
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinturbo View Post
I'll pass on wonderwoman... but, is that 7 of 9 sitting directly in front of us?!

Now that ive seen the other shot can I retract that last post?
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #512
nicola_a
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Those chicks have the bored and precious look of professional models, not actual fantasy-convention nerdettes, who would be reveling in the attention they are getting.
Musicman is correct, and they all lose their sexiness almost completely because of their evident boredom.
Or maybe it's just me, a casual female observer.
nicola_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #513
Stixx
Fast for an Old Fart

Oddometer: 31
What does that mean, "Casual Female Observer".........Is there another kind of observer of women, I mean formal like , jusayin
Old 09-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #514
ac72
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx View Post
What does that mean, "Casual Female Observer".........Is there another kind of observer of women, I mean formal like , jusayin
I think she probably means as a casual observer who is female, rather than a casual observer of females - the clue is in the user name....

AC.
ac72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #515
Mike_drz
Banned

Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
And what did I do today? Due to the amount of traffic on the weekends here in Montreal I went out walking....and after 20 min. or so, started to see more and more superheroes. After verifying with a very forlorn looking Captain America that, no, people in Quebec don't celebrate Halloween on Sept. 16th, I was pointed to the convention center, where Comicon was in full-swing.

I don't know if all the geek shows are following me around (stumbled upon Gamecon in MN), or if my inner-geek-magnet just homes in on this kind of stuff....

the world is a complex place, probally in the end simply just go for what is hot

Mike_drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #516
Stixx
Fast for an Old Fart

Oddometer: 31
from pic above, girl and guy on left, bonifide geeks two chicks in center stage models , bored , as someone already pointed out. Wonder woman on right, wanna bee model way to full figured to be anyting but an artist model who actually knows full figured women are easier to paint, is also bored. Me I'm just plain jealous of the fact I'm sitting here in a studio chillin and looking at my desk top . But all that will change Monday as me and me mates are heading out for West By God Virginia on a non dual sport adventure ride through GA TN NC VA and WVA in search of the twisties all of which are in abundance there in .................LOL
Old 09-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #517
nicola_a
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac72 View Post
I think she probably means as a casual observer who is female, rather than a casual observer of females - the clue is in the user name....
This.
nicola_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #518
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Okay Antihero.....we know you are a busy man, but we are all waiting for the next chapter of this great adventure!
rico2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #519
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,062
So there was a little mixup with the apt. I rented in Montreal, leaving my garage a solid 15 min. walk. It's not a big deal because biking in Montreal isn't very convenient. Again--no lane-splitting, lots of traffic and hell--you can't even make a right on a red here. Most streets are either one-way or they're two lanes in each direction and there's always a truck or a car double parked. Add to that the most slippery roads I've been on (even in the dry) and no shortage of drivers with more aggression than skill and, well--Montreal ranks as the most dangerous motorbike city I've been in. I'm also pretty much in the heart of the city, so I haven't spent much time on the bike at all.

The other night, though, I was invited over for some wicked homemade pizzas at a Montreal Ducati owner's house (Olivier, who lives just outside the city). I followed a 916 owner (JC--a man who has an encyclopedic knowledge of every watch made, along with every exotic car ever produced) over there and back. Good times--and more proof of the camaraderie you experience on the road.

And one of the last pictures of my bike before I laid it down just a few hours later.

AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #520
hunter151
Adventurer

Dont leave us on such a cliffhanger! Did everything turn out OK?
hunter151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #521
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

When I say "laid it down" I mean that literally, not as a euphemism. It was around 11:30pm when I made it back to the garage, which is situated in an alley adjacent to a hell of a lot of houses and apartments. When I roll in late I always shut the engine off and coast in so as not to be that dick on an obnoxiously loud bike waking everyone up on a weeknight.

Only problem is that the Panigale's lights turn off when the bike isn't running. Not a big deal, but the asphalt is in terrible condition. As I coasted to nearly a halt I fumbled around trying to press the garage door button through my leather jacket. And as I slowed to near zero the bike hit what felt like a curb and the bike immediately started to drop to the left. Only problem was that my left hand was fishing around for the damn remote. I braced the bike as much as I could with my legs to slow it down, did get a hold of the left clip on about half way to ground zero, but by then it was too late.

For the last 20 degrees I literally just held on and laid the bike down as gently as possible.

Anyone who's had an accident or done something irreversible knows exactly what weird amalgam of an emotion goes through your mind. It's a mixture of regret and the stupidity, mingled with a "Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-Z!" desire to just go back a few seconds to do it all differently. I picked the bike up, found the damn door button and rolled inside to see the extent of the damage.

Absolutely could not believe my eyes. The beautiful, smooth, candy-apple red fairing hadn't a nick or a scratch. The tail section? Pristine. The shock cover? Not a mark. The tank, though--the tank: smooth as glass. WTF? Only damage was the clutch lever (the break off point functioned as it should have) and the high beam switch snapped off (I think my finger did that while trying to muscle the bike). Oh yeah, and there was a slight mark on the bar end.

Fucking 'eh. Had the bike just fallen at speeds dictated by gravity I'm sure it would have been worse, but all that was really damaged was my ability to say "I haven't dropped a bike in 20 years."
Old 09-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #522
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Next morning I took a pic of the concrete chunk:

AntiHero screwed with this post 09-21-2012 at 01:15 PM
Old 09-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #523
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old Montreal first became a trading post in 1605, was abandoned, then re-established to care for (and convert) Iroquois. It became a British colony in 1763. Basically--it's OLD and filled with history. But now it's just a touristy area with no real 'flavor' beyond the 10-20 different flavors of Gelato you can get. But it does make a nice backdrop for motorbike pics:

Old 09-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #524
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Okay....thanks for the small fix......LOL
Sorry to hear about the bike, but in the pics afterwards you don't even see the lever is broken.
Anyways, glad it wasn't worse.
rico2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #525
xmonger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Ouch. Good to hear that the beauty escaped with only minor damage.
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote