Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #61
TwoShots
Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstorkel View Post
Given the cost of some of the Cordura purses being posted, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Saddleback Leather. Prices are absurd, but so is the quality. Bought one of their briefcases five years ago and have used it every day since. Expect it might start to show a bit of aging in another 10-15 years...
Live long enough and perhaps you'll be the first to take advantage of their 100 year warranty.
TwoShots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #62
BeeMaa
Hack Pilot

Oddometer: 1,092
We have the Aerostich Letter bag and it's good for most of the time.
When we want to carry a bit more, the Chrome Messenger bag gets used.
The Chrome bag is one of their smaller ones, but has a ton of pockets and keeps everything dry.

Cheers.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein
BeeMaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #63
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaceCoyote View Post
I love my Maxpedition. There are enough different sizes that anyone can find one that suits them, and lots of separate pockets and organizers to keep your shit together. Love it.
TheOtherBart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #64
yellowbirdrs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 968
just bought the bmw's messenger bag. So far so good. Developed for motorcycle rides, waterproof, well made and have an extra strap for riding.
yellowbirdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #65
Bogfarth
MOTGATT on a Yamahog

Oddometer: 152
Wicked

Aerostich Courier's Bag. Waterproof, bomb-proof, and capable of hauling obscene masses of stuff from A to B. The Dispatch bag is just as good, only smaller. If you need to haul a small car, get the Parcel bag. For the price, you absolutely cannot beat these bags. $115 shipped for the Courier's bag, $10 less for a Dispatch or $10 more for the Parcel.

Put another way, these are the cargo version of a Roadcrafter suit.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #66
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
get yourself to france, they all have handbags there
Old 09-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #67
bluesurf
en dos ruedas

Oddometer: 804
Timbuk2

After spending almost a year trying and returning various bags, I settled on a custom Timbuk2. My criteria included discrete laptop carrying area with protection, myriad usable pockets, chest strap, tripod/compression straps, and the ability to carry camera equipment when necessary (full-frame DSLR, multiple lenses including a 100-400, extra batteries, etc. Another criteria was that it was equally at home in a casual or professional setting, and didn't scream "camera gear inside!". Note that one of my criteria was *not* to be able to wear it every day on the bike in waterproof conditions. The bag has been treated, and survives mild precipitation well, but is not a daily external wear in the PNW item.

I purchased the medium size laptop messenger model, in a tasteful brown faux leather with brown trim and logo, as well as a Snoop insert for the camera gear. The bag just returned from a 4.5 month, multi-country, 14,000+ miles motorcycle trip where it lived in a Givi V46 top case while on the bike, and on me the rest of the time when shopping/hiking/touristing/etc. Perfect for a flight carry-on, plenty of well-organized pockets for gum/napkins/tissues/pens/paper/cards/etc/etc. For a shoulder strap pad I purchased a Billingham SP20 in black, and it's perfect.

Lifetime warranty, custom colors/features, made in the United States. The bag's a keeper.

Here is link to a pic of the bag on the Timbuk2 site.

Here is a pic of the bag at Hopewell Rocks, fully loaded. The lighting is a bit blown up in this photo, and the bag is actually a shade darker than pictured.