Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #421
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Cool! I decided to get some gas and I pulled in and saw she was taking pics so I pulled in fast and close.. Ill post it on video once I edit it out . The look ion her face was priceless
That was our friend Lori, She's a super nice lady! Her daughter Amanda was there also.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #422
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,012
Tell her Im sorry If I scared her and if she would like a few bucks for the pic just let me know...One of my favorite moments of the weekend was when I whipped in thereI have 4 vids. I got the first one edited and its uploading but its estimating over 2 hours for about 12 minutes of vid... HD rocks and sucks. Ill edit one down to just me pulling up and the girls hootin and hollerin at me
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #423
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #424
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

kenny61 screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 01:38 AM
Old 09-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #425
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Old 09-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #426
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

So someone posted up about a GNCC race at Unadilla. being Unadilla I had to give it a go. Not much for prep other than mounting up a new rear MT-16 and UHD tube. Sent my stabilizer out for a rebuild too, but didn't need it. Got up at 7am and started loading bike and getting gear in order. Then headed over to watch my sons cross country meet.

Back home finish loading and hit the road. Yeah baby Im off to Una.. Ahhh WTF?

Okay back up was short, Trooper had a car pulled over and people cant hadle move over or slow down. They doing stop and stare. Back on the gas, Gotta find a grocery store for water and ice and a bike shop on the way cause I ran out of chain lube. I know there is a few places around Walton.

Wow aint seen this in years. Gotta get a 12 pack for the weekend

Grabbed the chian lube and back on the way.. Hmm maybe I should get something to eat.. Crap another stop. Ok Im finally at Unadilla let me go register and find the teammates. Ahh WTF?

The line is about 3 hours long. The only good thing was that while waiting I ran into Crank and Frank. Bad thing was that by the time I got done with reg my truck was locked in the parking lot on the other side of the street and it was dark. I gave up on finding Frank who was located next to the red dumpster back that way and Crank who was over there at the top after 5 turns and 2 or 3 hills. Im tired need to sleep anyway. Sunday morning arrives and i head out to breakfast, the gate is now open, I return and start to unload and am told I can't I have to go over to the other side. Which was completely full. I wound up wedging my truck into a corner right at the entrance. Barry is roaring to go

I hop on bike and start asking where the start line is...no one knows..Great. Decide to go over the river and through the woods and found Crank just as he was pullin out from his spot. We head over to GBG's and set up our pit and take a ride to find the start. Just to find out the start wil be delayed 2 hours due to record turnout and registration problems. I took the time to fix my gas leak, loose float bowk screws, that Cuz Jim noticed and take a ride back to my truck where the coolest dude in the world made me the best grilled cheese sandwhich I ever had. Dude than you so much!!!!!.

Head back over to the start and gaze in awe at the over 500 bikes on the field. i also watch acrash in the first wave that knocks one rider out with an appearent leg injury. Crank and I discuss strategy and decide to hang back and not get caught up in the big one. Finally its our rows turn. the announcer shouts 10 seconds and everyone starts and goes. I turn to look at crank and he's going too. Well thats out the window I hold back somewhat and watch as crank becomes part of a 3 bike pile up. And Kenny61 is officially leading the C Senior Team Ghetto line up. Crank catches up and almost knocks me into a tree. I gave him the appropriate "Fucker" response. I got caught up behind 2 slower bikes and wanted to pace my self but got past and began catching some bikes. Then I do my first drop. Pick it up and climb the hill. Im not totally winded and I'm real happy with that. I'm almost through the woods and onto the mx track when I catch a branch to my helmet that works its way past my goggles and smashes the crap out of my glasses which I am very grateful I wear, I think I may have lost an eye otherwise. I take my goggles off and my 4 day old lenses drop to the ground ...crap. I look, find and pick em up and run over to a bystander and have him throw them in my pack.Crap now what??? The announcer said I can leave the track as long as I return at the same point.. Ill get off at GBG's and ride back to truck and get my sunglasses. Too bad i cant see because I didn't realize I was only a 100yards from my truck at this point and never did find GBG's trailer, guess my vission is pretty bad. I wound up doing a complete lap without my glasses. The lap really tired me out as I was hittin lots of crap I shouldn't have and that put a real work out on my shoulders, which are still sore as I write this. I finally found my way back to my truck and got my sunglasses which were fine on the MX track part but really to dark in the wooded sections. Looking at lap times the glasses made a 10 minute penalty for me.But I was happy to see at one point mylap time was within 3 minutes of Crankshaft, who lapped me on the last lap but I was able to catch up when he got stuck in a muddy turn..seeing a great roosting waiting I pushed alittle too hard and got stuck in the same hole. By the time I got going again he was gone and my knees were screaming in pain. If you watch the end of video4 that what all the screaming and groaning I was doing. Finished 32 out of 42 in my class and 4hunderd something out of 5hundred something overall,. I was happy with my performance and really loved the track. It was smoother and had grip reminded me of the places I rode when I was a teenager. I'll be back next year in better shape and more experience
Old 09-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #427
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Pro's

Old 09-20-2012, 05:01 AM   #428
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Funny thing, I don't recall the start line conversation but I can't hear shit when my helmet is on I might have thought we were talking about farm equipment or the latest techno dance song for all I know. I don't ever hold back, not ever and I don't plan on starting anytime soon, regardless of how slow I go No excuses for me, I rode the best I could and any stopping I had to do was because I didn't prep correctly or I made a mistake.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #429
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,184
Quote:
Thanks for posting. Great riding Too!! Just keep going on the riding part. I
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #430
Tbone
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,241
Great Videos Kenny! keep giving them hell.
Tbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #431
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Hell is the only thing I got
Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #432
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Next race tomorrow 11am. Hard Knox H/S. Crankshaft should I look for you?
Old 09-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #433
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:

Next race tomorrow 11am. Hard Knox H/S. Crankshaft should I look for you?
Give them hell without me, my boots didn't come in I can't ride in those Sidi's another minute, I would rather ride bare foot.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #434
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,675
christ I just watched your Unadilla #3 edit.

TOO FREAKING COOL!!!!

now I'll have to read this whole thread....

man that video was sooooo cool seeing all those bikes in the woods.

talk about organized chaos!!

awesome stuff!!!!
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #435
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

glad you enjoyed it but I would hardly call it awesome..I leave that category for the camera work you do

You should consider checking out some of the NETRA stuff.