Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Latin America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #421
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
I have a good bike for the trip , BMW x challenge packed light . only downer is the 50/50 DS tyres would like to go with offroad rubber but I dont want to carry tyres. So the plan is to ride from French Guiana to Macapa then sail to Santarem ( cost anyone ?) chill out for a few days then another boat to Manaus ( cost ?) to ride the BR319 heading to Peru
kito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #422
csustewy
Motojero

Oddometer: 531
We found recently that the cost to boat from Macapa to Belem was comparable as Macapá to Santarem. We paid 100 Rs per person and 200 Rs for the bike from Macapa to Belem. We didn't ask in Santarem for costs to Manaus, but our search online showed similar prices again, so 100 Rs per person and 200 Rs for the bike as a starting point.

Enjoy the ride down BR-319!
csustewy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #423
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

thanks for that . I have another idea but dont know if its an option or possible (to many ideas haha) .on my map it looks like I can ride further inland to say Obidos or Oriximina . then get on the boat allowing me to ride more and save a few days on the boat I want to experiance sailing on the amazon but not for to long as I like riding my bike more . Is this a bad idea ?? one other thing for me to think about . Is it possible to cross the BR210 perimetal norte ? some maps show it as a track and others just dont even show anything ?
thanks for all the help
Old 07-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #424
csustewy
Motojero

Oddometer: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by kito View Post
Is it possible to cross the BR210 perimetal norte ? some maps show it as a track and others just dont even show anything ?
thanks for all the help
Check out this thread: Ride from venezuela - to brasil santarem - to belem - to the atlantic

In that thread there are links to Brazil DNIT webpage showing road info (keep in mind that red on that site doesn't necessarily mean impassable, just slow going in the case of BR-319). Beyond that, maybe some other inmates know more specifics...
csustewy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #425
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

cool so it looks like i can ride all the way from french guyana to peru . i hope im not missing out on to much by not taking a boat trip
Old 08-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #426
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Oddometer: 229
Hi guys,

last week I had the chance to go on a nice ride around south of Goiás state.
I've created a thread in Day Tripping forum: Uberlandia - MG, Brazil

Abraços,
Linhares
Linhares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #427
VDG
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,308
Great RR and pics. Looks like you had a great time with you father. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhares View Post
Hi guys,
last week I had the chance to go on a nice ride around south of Goiás state.
I've created a thread in Day Tripping forum: Uberlandia - MG, Brazil

Abraços,
Linhares
VDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #428
markharf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
....hope I'm not missing out on too much....
You're going to tell us, not visa versa. Generations yet unborn are relying on you.

Boa sorte!

Mark
markharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #429
caesareor
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I'm coming :)

Hi everybody,

Finally I have a plane ticket in my pocket that has my name and Rio de Janeiro writen on it. That's right, I'm coming to Brazil. I'll be there for 28 days in November. (03.11 - 01.12)

Most of it I will be flying between the major cities so I can see as many of them as possible but the last 7-10 days I will like to spend them riding on the coast from Sao Paolo (or Florianopolis) back to Rio.

First of all I need a motorcycle. Anyone knows where I can rent one at a decent price? (All I could find on the internet were a few very expensive guided tours)

Second, does anyone care to join me on the beforementioned route?

Cheers!
caesareor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #430
robram
Trilheiro

Oddometer: 30
Transamazonica 2012

Hi,

I have news about Transamazonica BR230, BR 319 to Manaus and BR 163 from Santarem to Parana State.

In portuguese language:

http://www.mochileiros.com/transamaz...12-t73440.html

I will try to do a post here, but my English...

Where is correct place to do this ? Ride reports ?
robram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #431
VDG
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,308
Wow great RR......thanks for sharing.
Ride Reports is the right place to post your RR. ADV Riders will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robram View Post
Hi,

I have news about Transamazonica BR230, BR 319 to Manaus and BR 163 from Santarem to Parana State.

In portuguese language:

http://www.mochileiros.com/transamaz...12-t73440.html

I will try to do a post here, but my English...

Where is correct place to do this ? Ride reports ?

VDG screwed with this post 09-14-2012 at 03:44 PM
VDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:27 AM   #432
o*o
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesareor View Post
Hi everybody,

Finally I have a plane ticket in my pocket that has my name and Rio de Janeiro writen on it. That's right, I'm coming to Brazil. I'll be there for 28 days in November. (03.11 - 01.12)

Most of it I will be flying between the major cities so I can see as many of them as possible but the last 7-10 days I will like to spend them riding on the coast from Sao Paolo (or Florianopolis) back to Rio.

First of all I need a motorcycle. Anyone knows where I can rent one at a decent price? (All I could find on the internet were a few very expensive guided tours)

Second, does anyone care to join me on the beforementioned route?

Cheers!
I'll be in Buenos Aires when you arrive in Rio. Probably be in Florianopolis when you are. I'd like to spend a few days in Paraty close to Rio. Maybe we can ride some.
o*o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #433
troyfromtexas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Checking in...Eu cheguei!...Ya llegue!...Rio de Janeiro

Hello All,

Checking in! I'm concluding my year of traveling in Latin America and plan to spend the next months of September and October in Rio de Janeiro just relaxing and learning Portuguese. If there are any riders around I'd enjoy meeting up.

I am interested in either selling my Suzuki DR650 in Paraguay or shipping it to Houston, Texas, USA. If anyone is interested in buying an excellent bike or providing info on shipping from Rio de Janeiro to Houston, please send me a private message.

Olá a todos,

Eu cheguei! Eu estou concluindo meu ano de viajar na América Latina e planejar para passar os próximos meses de setembro e outubro no Rio de Janeiro apenas relaxar e aprender Português. Se houver quaisquer pilotos em Rio eu gosto de conhecer-se.

Eu estou interessado em vender o meu ou Suzuki DR650 no Paraguai ou enviá-lo para Houston, Texas, EUA. Se alguém estiver interessado em comprar uma moto excelente ou fornecendo informações sobre o transporte do Rio de Janeiro para Houston, por favor me envie uma mensagem privada.

Hola a todos,

Ya llegue! Estoy concluyendo mi año de viajar en América Latina y el plan para pasar los próximos meses de septiembre y octubre en Río de Janeiro simplemente para relajarse y aprender portugués. Si hay algunos riders en Rio me gusta reunirse.

Me interesa vender mi Suzuki DR650 en Paraguay o enviarlo a Houston, Texas, EE.UU.. Si alguien está interesado en la compra de una moto excelente o proporcionar información sobre el envío de Río de Janeiro a Houston, por favor envíame un mensaje privado.

Troy

www.theadventurebegins.tv
2011 Suzuki DR650
troyfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #434
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

I have just come down from Guyana via Boa Vista to Manaus .Its a 1 day ride and most of the way is perfect tarmac. a few short parts need to be re surfaced. I have had a few days off the bike in Manaus and plan to set off in the morning to ride solo on the BR 319 heading to Peru . The weather has been dry the last few days but some cloud has moved in . fingers crossed the rain can hold off. I hope to be able to report in a few days how the road condition is.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #435
ElReyDelSofa
Desubicado

Oddometer: 117
Thumb

Quote:
I have just come down from Guyana via Boa Vista to Manaus .Its a 1 day ride and most of the way is perfect tarmac. a few short parts need to be re surfaced. I have had a few days off the bike in Manaus and plan to set off in the morning to ride solo on the BR 319 heading to Peru . The weather has been dry the last few days but some cloud has moved in . fingers crossed the rain can hold off. I hope to be able to report in a few days how the road condition is.
Kito, will be very interested to hear how this route works for you, especially the border crossing at Assis/Inapari into Peru. This is the route I have in my mind to follow when the univers aligns for a S. America trip for me.

Saludos,

Martín