Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Dirtstar1 OP
Human torpedo

Oddometer: 120
Dyno'ed the Elsinore mt250

After a long search I finally got me an mt250. Being that I grew up in lake Elsinore, one would say its my god given right to ride an Elsinore. Lol after many searches and a long debate about actual HP I decided to take the MT250 to Full Throttle Powersports in santee ca. They have a dyno jet. I asked them to do a baseline pull for hp and torque so we could compare after putting on a CR top end. This where it gets fun. Mike from full throttle at the controls of the mt250 warmed up the bike while setting the perimeters of the dyno. Next he ran through the gears until he hit 4th. Once in 4th gear he rolled on the power. The old bike sounded great! With a small puff of 2stroke the bike cleaned out fast and revved up to 7600 RPM's before flatlining. Since this was only a run for test he reset and ran it up again. With crisp throttle response the old elsinore started to sing that piston ported note it was known for. When it was all said and done, the 37 Year old bike with 2100 miles on it made a solid 17.6 hp with 15 foot lb of torque. I'll post pics of the dyno sheet later. It's no powerhouse but it does make a good wide powerband.

Mike at full throttle powersports took great care of me and my grand daddy of dualsports. I'd recommend his services anytime.

Ryan Kennelly
Dirtstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote