ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #31
cbig
Rift- Raft, SCooter Trash

Oddometer: 866
Sorry, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Trailrider View Post
I don't care how good of a rider you are. You will never keep up with us on that.

But you could try. We don't exclude anyone.
Bessie's the fastest we had here at the stable, except for my li'l mule, Pepe

Pepe's gone tho. New Pepe is slower.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #32
Kali Trailrider
PLATED X2

Oddometer: 458
Cool2

Ride what you like.

I'm sure there will be many different rides and many different skill levels.

Some of the faster groups keep a fast pace and look for the hardest trails they can find.

When is the first October ride.

How about October Sunday the 7th.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #33
cbig

Didn't know much of that

Kind of riding was out there.

New Lil'l Mule Pepe:

Set up for rocks, trials type bs. We do a lot of Moab, Arrowhead DV and Kennedy stuff.

I'm doing dirt biking backwards ( like many things in life )had "real" dirt bikes. Like many in my crew, had occasional overheat issues, water pump issues (granted, on a ktm 950) other issues. I remember headed back to camp from the pictographs area @ j valley, about to drink my last water and wondering if I should save it for the Husky. .. For me wrong thinking. Went xr's with most of my crew. Some still ride blue, yellow, orange or new red. Less probs with xrs. ,Back to the future. Sometimes we're really remote. Speed no longer the issue, getting back is, and these days as cheaply as possible.

Besides, who doesn't choke back a tear, remembering that old xr they had, all the adventures, and remorsefully admit its the one bike they shouldn't of sold

See you out there..
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #34
benwiggin2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
From the slash-x cafe- go southwest about 2-4??? miles!
you will see it on top of a small hill!!!
seems he was a highly respected desert racer!
http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/sho...P-Frank-Orozco

i got rid of my XR's after i rode a real dirt bike !!!!!!
but yea, has lottsa fun adventures on them!
benwiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #35
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,213
Quote:

Thats the only weekend I have left open in October.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #36
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbig View Post
Kind of riding was out there.

New Lil'l Mule Pepe:

Set up for rocks, trials type bs. We do a lot of Moab, Arrowhead DV and Kennedy stuff.

I'm doing dirt biking backwards ( like many things in life )had "real" dirt bikes. Like many in my crew, had occasional overheat issues, water pump issues (granted, on a ktm 950) other issues. I remember headed back to camp from the pictographs area @ j valley, about to drink my last water and wondering if I should save it for the Husky. .. For me wrong thinking. Went xr's with most of my crew. Some still ride blue, yellow, orange or new red. Less probs with xrs. ,Back to the future. Sometimes we're really remote. Speed no longer the issue, getting back is, and these days as cheaply as possible.

Besides, who doesn't choke back a tear, remembering that old xr they had, all the adventures, and remorsefully admit its the one bike they shouldn't of sold

See you out there..

I grow up on xr's... but now i'm all orange...

hope to meet you at some point

and we all know it's the nut at the handle bars
Old 09-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #37
cbig

Sounds like fun

We've camped and ridden out of Jawbone/Piutes, Randsburg area (one of my favorites) J Valley, Stoddard, and recently Barstow's Mudd Hills area. I haven't seen much single track but have taken some interesting rock paths. Looking forward to either riding new areas or living vicariously thru photos!

Not opposed to orange, but would have to be one hell of a deal. I bought new Pepe (xr250r) for $1500 street legal and looking like it came out of a crate. Literally. The bike had those square indents on the knobbies with the year 2002. Hadn't been out more than a couple hundred miles. My xr's are such deals and I am in them less than the husky I sold. . If I later come across say a 450exc plated, RFS 2007 with low miles dirt cheap, looking like it was uncrated, I might pick one up for local hi speed stuff.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #38
slidewayes
slidewayes

Oddometer: 397
Riding from south/east Hesperia. sounds like a thread to follow Fri. morning loop A defiant maybe stop at J0SHUA INN for lunch I well check in Thr. night and see. For sure ride from home and watch the next 2 H/H NATIONALS then to Slash X for lunch (150 to 200mi) needed unless you know some one in the pits.
slidewayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #39
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbig View Post
We've camped and ridden out of Jawbone/Piutes, Randsburg area (one of my favorites) J Valley, Stoddard, and recently Barstow's Mudd Hills area. I haven't seen much single track but have taken some interesting rock paths. Looking forward to either riding new areas or living vicariously thru photos!

Not opposed to orange, but would have to be one hell of a deal. I bought new Pepe (xr250r) for $1500 street legal and looking like it came out of a crate. Literally. The bike had those square indents on the knobbies with the year 2002. Hadn't been out more than a couple hundred miles. My xr's are such deals and I am in them less than the husky I sold. . If I later come across say a 450exc plated, RFS 2007 with low miles dirt cheap, looking like it was uncrated, I might pick one up for local hi speed stuff.

if you find a good 07 450 take cash...i got mind after looking for 2 years... it's not as fast as you might think
but a great trail bike
Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #40
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

I got my first pumpkin cheap from an ambulamce driver that wanted to go back to school to become a paramedic. Just wanted to pay off his loan. Original front tire with nipples still.

Got the second one from a fireman that needed hernia surgery... lost his over time... and wanted to pay off the loan. All upgrades I would have done included. And all three gas tank sizes to boot.

Paid less for both of those bikes than what most guys pay for one.

Moral of the story... PAY CASH TO PEOPLE IN DEBT and the price will be right.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #41
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

Will be tooling around seeing what I can see in the Ords Sat AM. Anything in particular I should seek. PM if it's hush.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #42
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Will be tooling around seeing what I can see in the Ords Sat AM. Anything in particular I should seek. PM if it's hush.
PM sent
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #43
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewayes View Post
Riding from south/east Hesperia. sounds like a thread to follow Fri. morning loop A defiant maybe stop at J0SHUA INN for lunch I well check in Thr. night and see. For sure ride from home and watch the next 2 H/H NATIONALS then to Slash X for lunch (150 to 200mi) needed unless you know some one in the pits.
Can't ride tomorrow, I'm riding Saturday. Going to ride early to near Holcomb Valley and check out something I've been looking at on Google Earth, home by 1 pm or so. Fridays are usually open for me but not this week. I'm near you. I live around the Apple Valley Rd./ Yucca Loma Rd. area in AV about a half mile East of the river.

My son is racing the two nationals in Lucerne next month so I'll be out there pitting him.

Mojave Mutt screwed with this post 09-27-2012 at 11:45 AM
Mojave Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #44
cbig

Let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
If you find anything scenic..
Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #45
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Ride what you like.

I'm sure there will be many different rides and many different skill levels.

Some of the faster groups keep a fast pace and look for the hardest trails they can find.

Weather out here on the High Desert has been a bit cooler but still hasn't made big transition from summer to fall temps except overnight.

I have one of my spots I'm thinking of riding to next Sunday from my house or can stage closer. It's a great place while the temps are little warm with lots of fun, sort of sandy, flowing, single track, and great washes Some good views of Edwards AFB, Jawbone, Tehachapis, and out as far as Piute mtns to the north. Nothing technical, just fun.

Probably 100-120 mile round trip from my house in Apple Valley on plated bikes, fuel available in Silver Lakes/Helendale on the outbound and return. Staging closer in, a half mile off HWY 395, a 60-70 mile loop, don't even need a plated bike.

All Invited but be warned, not noob terrain since there's some sandy spots..

I love this spot in the dead of winter when the sun is low on the horizon, sun is at your back in the morning and again in late afternoon.

Mojave Mutt screwed with this post 09-27-2012 at 12:12 PM
Mojave Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote