Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
MasterMarine OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSdriver View Post

You can see in this picture how we were able to put everyones gear just on Scott's and Bill's bikes so the other 4 of us did not have to carry anything. Just kidding.

The day from Owyhee to Jarbidge was great. We did a bunch of 4x4 roads on the Benchmark map. They were harder than I expected. It seemed like every time I saw Scott, I would tell him that from here on out, the road would be a nice smooth gravel road and then I would start down the trail and it would turn into nasty rough rocky stuff. I was feeling pretty bad. Having not been there before, I was never very sure. Everything looks easy on the map and Google Earth! But, we made it and I really enjoyed the rougher terrain. There were a couple places in there where my bike was suffering from vapor locking due to the slow speeds, long climbs, and warm temperatures. Dropping into Jarbidge was really cool.

I forgot to mention that Bill lost a jacket out there somewhere. I am sure he can describe it or post a pic so if anyone finds it they can get it back to him.
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote