Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #5581
Panny
motorcycle vagabond

Oddometer: 121
German couple riding around the world

Hi!

We are a German couple riding around the world for allmost 2.5 years now.
In mid october weŽll ship our bikes to East Timor. During the next two month (?) weŽll work our way up Indonesia.

The most important and enjoyable thing about our journey is to meet fellow minded local bike riders/travellers!

If you are interested to meet us, just drop us a message. We would love to stay with you for a night or two and swap some travellerŽs stories or talk about bikes or what ever!

Furthermore we are very interested in the motorcycle club scene. I work as a freelancer for THE german MC-magazine (bikers news) and I plan to write an articel about the MC/biker-scene in south-east-asia.
Therefore we would welcome any chance to get an idea of indonesian motorcycle club life or to attend motorcycle meetings.
By the way: how do I have to imagine a indonesian motorcycle rally? Is it like in Europe, where many riders gather somewhere in the nature and camp there? At night thereŽs usually some entertainment programm. How about Indonesia?

Cheers

Panny
Old 09-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #5582
Wisedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panny View Post
Hi!

In mid october weŽll ship our bikes to East Timor. During the next two month (?) weŽll work our way up Indonesia.

The most important and enjoyable thing about our journey is to meet fellow minded local bike riders/travellers!

If you are interested to meet us, just drop us a message. We would love to stay with you for a night or two and swap some travellerŽs stories or talk about bikes or what ever!

Furthermore we are very interested in the motorcycle club scene. I work as a freelancer for THE german MC-magazine (bikers news) and I plan to write an articel about the MC/biker-scene in south-east-asia.
Therefore we would welcome any chance to get an idea of indonesian motorcycle club life or to attend motorcycle meetings.
By the way: how do I have to imagine a indonesian motorcycle rally? Is it like in Europe, where many riders gather somewhere in the nature and camp there? At night thereŽs usually some entertainment programm. How about Indonesia?

Cheers

Panny
I would love to meet you. If you near jakarta please give me a message. Maybe i can provide you with a room to stay 1 or 2 days. I can also take you to some MC gatherinng in Jakarta during weekend and we can plan to do some short trip with my friends to west java or banten area.
cheers
Wisedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:25 AM   #5583
blek
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Talking Hello...!

Greetings from a new member from Indonesia. To be exact, Dompu, Sumbawa Island, West Nusa Tenggara.

My ride is this 1999's 97.2cc red plated 4stroke Honda Win100, nicknamed Toothless (from the How To Train Your Dragon book series, then -later- movies), and it has been with me for years as service vehicle of civil servant. After the government of Indonesia change the regulation of the national service vehicle to Honda Megapro, it is now belongs to me, but I keep it red plated as keepsake. :)

During the old times, we have been to every part of West Nusa Tenggara province, yes, that two islands, Sumbawa and Lombok. I've recently changed it's old muffler's to Honda Blade's, and it's lamp box to Suzuki Satria FU 1st gen's, around one year or so. Also, I use TKD carburetors as the Keihin one are nowhere to be found. The other parts that replaced are the rear shockbreaker, and electrical system, which is no using 12volts instead the old 6volts. Also because of the scarce parts.

You can call me Win100 Enthusiast. I really love how Astra Honda techs know exactly how to design a bike for Indonesia terrain outside java. It seems they know that a win100 rider will ride alone to those hills and forest, and back with papayas, bananas, and other luggage on it's back-steel-thing on it's tail, and that is including a fat lady on top of the pile.
This bike never let me down, let it be smooth roads or dirty tracks.

I can do my regular checkup and fix myself, thanks to a good friend. His house is also a car workshops and that means tools lying around, free to use. Oh, and his father and him also taught me a lot of things about engine since our junior high days.

I planed to re-size it's cylinder soon so it can match the new Honda heads, since this parts also rare to be found nowadays.

I also planed to ride from Dompu to Jakarta someday, collecting sign and petition from other Win100 riders along the way, then visiting Astra Honda Motor's head office to convince them to continue Win100 production that stopped since 2006 or well, a newer version sounds great.
But well, still collecting funds so far. It is a long way ahead. Dunno when it'll be realized with my current monthly salary.

I've been reading this thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513737
Found that I am the only one outside Java so far.

Once again, greetings to all, from both of us, and sorry for my English.

blek screwed with this post 10-07-2012 at 11:57 PM Reason: Used HTML Codes instead BB codes, doh!
blek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #5584
Bumpy ahead
Bumpy Ahead

Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Hi!

We are a German couple riding around the world for almost 2.5 years now.
In mid October weŽll ship our bikes to East Timor. During the next two month (?) weŽll work our way up Indonesia.

The most important and enjoyable thing about our journey is to meet fellow minded local bike riders/travelers!

If you are interested to meet us, just drop us a message. We would love to stay with you for a night or two and swap some travelerŽs stories or talk about bikes or what ever!

Furthermore we are very interested in the motorcycle club scene. I work as a freelancer for THE German MC-magazine (bikers news) and I plan to write an article about the MC/biker-scene in south east Asia.
Therefore we would welcome any chance to get an idea of Indonesian motorcycle club life or to attend motorcycle meetings.
By the way: how do I have to imagine a Indonesian motorcycle rally? Is it like in Europe, where many riders gather somewhere in the nature and camp there? At night thereŽs usually some entertainment program. How about Indonesia?

Cheers

Panny
Hi Panny,

There will be annual gathering for Indonesian BMW Motorcycles Riders in Dieng Plateau Central Java on November 2012. If you can get there by November you can join them and talk about adventure riding. Drop me a message if you plan to go to Jakarta. Maybe I can ride with you around Jakarta or outside Jakarta. I ride a Yamaha 225cc with 21" and 18" dual sport tires. I'm also a freelance writer and currently work as a graphic designer for english business magazine and a part-time designer for local bikers magazine. I wrote about "Ring of Fire Adventure" on my current magazine. "Ring of Fire Adventure" is an expedition and a TV program about father and son ride on Indonesia with Yamaha Tenere 660.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #5585
Panny
motorcycle vagabond

Oddometer: 121
Hi Bumpy ahead!

Thanks for your reply.
That might fit, so I canŽt say for sure at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy ahead View Post
There will be annual gathering for Indonesian BMW Motorcycles Riders in Dieng Plateau Central Java on November 2012..
Is there a internet-address for the rally, where I can find more info?

Cheers

Frank
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #5586
Bumpy ahead
Bumpy Ahead

Quote:
Hi Bumpy ahead!

Thanks for your reply.
That might fit, so I canŽt say for sure at the moment.

Is there a internet-address for the rally, where I can find more info?

Cheers

Frank
Yes, they have it on facebook. Got facebook account? Here they are; http://www.facebook.com/motorradcorner

Best,

Andra
Old 10-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #5587
Bumpy ahead
Bumpy Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blek View Post
Greetings from a new member from Indonesia. To be exact, Dompu, Sumbawa Island, West Nusa Tenggara.

I've been reading this thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513737
Found that I am the only one outside Java so far.

Once again, greetings to all, from both of us, and sorry for my English.

Halo Blek. Salam kenal dari Jakarta. Senang bila ada yang tetap suka berpetualang tanpa memandang jenis motor.

Greetings,

Bumpy Ahead
Old 10-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #5588
blek
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy ahead View Post
Halo Blek. Salam kenal dari Jakarta. Senang bila ada yang tetap suka berpetualang tanpa memandang jenis motor.

Greetings,

Bumpy Ahead
Halo juga bos.
Turunan bapak kayaknya demen ngider-ngider ga jelas. Dia make L2 warisan, dan gosip yang saya dengar, dia lahir diatas motor.

Sekarang lagi nyari pompa oli yang langkanya amit-amit buat beliau soalnya ybs ga suka make bensin campur. Jadi, untuk sementara, kalau dia jalan-jalan ke Tambora pake motor matic.

blek screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 02:39 AM
Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #5589
andyhol
volcano rider

Oddometer: 152
Hey Blek, nice move keeping the plat merrah, cheaper pajak ya?
Nice bike too man, super light and esy to manage in the off-road.
Keep up the good work.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #5590
andyhol
volcano rider

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Hi!

Cheers

Panny

Drop in to see us when you are in Jogjakarta.
We attend mainly old and custom events around here fairly often. If theres anything around the dates you are near we can arrange to accompany you guys.

There are what I would class as some 'real' bike clubs in Indo and some fashion bikers. be careful who you end up with as you will have a completely different experience.

Events here are a bit different to europe mate. The big ones are generally shows sponsored by a ciggarette company with all the selling-out that entails...

The smaller one-make or old-bike events are closer in my experience to what we have in europe. ie, ride to somewhere and meet -up. Get drunk and listen to a band. Wake-up with a hangover and go for a ride. Repeat night entertainment, ride home with a hangover in the morning.

Generally we dont really see camping as 'big-bike' owners have money and want to stay in a hotel (harley rider's are sometimes referred to as 5 * bikers). Sometimes bike clubs do camping or just crashing out in some cheap accomadation.

We've had a few overlanders stopping with us in the past.
There's a room and secure bike parking for you here if you fancy it.

Cheers, Andy

andyhol screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 08:02 AM Reason: sp
andyhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #5591
louis sandian
n00b

Oddometer: 1
agan sekalian, bagi2 donk cara upload foto di advrider. (lol)
maaf newbe
louis sandian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #5592
Wisedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Hi Om Blek, greetings from the rider of "almost" the same bike only with Vertical engine :P
Too bad i didn't reach Lombok last August because of time limitation.

Wisedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #5593
blek
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhol View Post
Hey Blek, nice move keeping the plat merrah, cheaper pajak ya?
Nice bike too man, super light and esy to manage in the off-road.
Keep up the good work.

It was!
But in reality, everything changes and now, I say no, it is a lot higher, since I must do extra paperwork each year to keep that red plate and doubled it because it is Province's red plate, not Regency's, as it has no extra letters after numbers. You know that "Wani piro?" advertisement on television, right?
Not to mention that DR plates are Lombok's while I live at Sumbawa, that means once a year, a journey to the west island is a must just to visit the head office, asking recommendation papers and stuffs.

Friends and co-workers keeps telling me to "balik nama" for the reason, but hell, I don't care. Let other civil servants have their red plated New Megapro. I'll stick with this bike. Too many stories with the what-they-call "item semua kecuali platnya".

One thing for sure, nine out of ten polices wear their nicest smile at Win100 red platers, and that is priceless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis sandian View Post
agan sekalian, bagi2 donk cara upload foto di advrider. (lol)
maaf newbe
Upload dulu om, di situs flickr atau ambil dari facebook, kemudian ambil alamat gambarnya (yang berakhiran .JPG, .PNG, dsbg pokoknya ekstensi gambar). Bisa dengan klik kanan kemudian pilih Copy Image Location atau semacamnya, tergantung browser.

Kemudian saat repli, gunakan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisedog View Post
Hi Om Blek, greetings from the rider of "almost" the same bike only with Vertical engine :P
Too bad i didn't reach Lombok last August because of time limitation.

Wow! The grand dad of the GL series right om!? Now that is epic! In a good hands, even Ksatria Baja Hitam will bow to that beast on the road!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #5594
tigersyndicate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
long time no see this indonesian thread.... alot of new member from indonesia here. hello all. salam kenal buat semuanya
rial_hamzah@hotmail.com Phone: 0856 9458 1000
tigersyndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #5595
blek
Adventurer

Hallo oom...

*salaman