Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #12
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,281
Marrakech ...

I've already expressed my disappointment at Marrakech earlier in the report so won't labour the point. The medina is buzzing but it's not as comfortable a place to be for a tourist/traveller compared to Fez which is truly an excellent location.

We're making the most of it and the Sofitel is generally very good and the souk an experience.

There's a saying in Morocco that. "visitors all have nice watches but we still own the time", and it's true.

We're here until Wednesday when my wife flies back to the UK and I head out, hopefully to rendezvous again with Vincenzo in Rabat. Going to ride the autoroute. We cross back over to Spain on Thursday, he will return to Malaga and I will head out to Portugal. I have four days to ride Algeciras to Bilbao for the ferry back to the UK which must include a night in Madrid to collect the work equipment that I left there en route to Morooco. I'm told that one of the nicest rides in Portugal is the Douro valley so I'm planning to do that and get some nice pictures. There seems to be two broad choices of route and I haven't yet decided whether to ride to Madrid and turn west into Porto, up to Santiago de Compostela and across northern Spain to Bilbao or ride through southern Portugal to Porto and turn east to Madrid. Either way, I'll update you on the trip.

My knee continues to trouble me and I'm beginning to think that something isn't quite right; there's clearly some ligament damage that I'd better get checked out when I can.

Thanks for reading. If any of you are heading to Morocco I'd be happy to share our experience, contacts and locations.

Wildman screwed with this post 10-13-2012 at 09:26 AM
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote