User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #496
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,917
Thumb Thank you Natalie

I was on a CDR ride and I had an aftermarket mirror shear off at the base. When I got to a phone I call Doubletake. I had no internet access so phone order it was. Natalie hooked me up with two sets of mirrors for the GS. Since I was traveling, I had no good place to ship the mirrors and I was under a time crunch. She went out of her way to make sure that the mirrors got to me. I installed them and finished my ride.

This is the third bike that I have installed the mirrors on and I love them.

In this time of poor customer service the folks at Double take and Natalie in particular are top notch.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #497
smoothride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
I haven't seen a thing behind the XRR sinse I plated it. I hope they work like everyone said they do.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #498
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,842
Did a ride this weekend, and three of the four bikes had these mirrors. The fourth had no mirror IIRC. In hindsight, I should have taken a promo picture.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #499
Ron Bernert
hiding in plain sight

Oddometer: 273
Satisfied!

I broke the right mirror on my R1100GS. Ordered these Monday and received them in the mail on Wednesday! Install is a snap, and I really like them! Great product, great price.

'77 BMW R100RS euro, '95 BMW R1100GS, '71 BMW R75/5 SWB, '68 BMW R60/2 (in boxes), '82 Suzuki GS450, '98 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
Ron Bernert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #500
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 10,681
Ordered Monday, arrived Wednesday, installed, and flat out, stomp down, turn around and spit THRILLED with the mirrors. Adjustable 16 ways from Sunday, stay up at extra legal velocities, and, you know, reflect what's behing ya!

Thanks!
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #501
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
I was on a CDR ride and I had an aftermarket mirror shear off at the base. When I got to a phone I call Doubletake. I had no internet access so phone order it was. Natalie hooked me up with two sets of mirrors for the GS. Since I was traveling, I had no good place to ship the mirrors and I was under a time crunch. She went out of her way to make sure that the mirrors got to me. I installed them and finished my ride.

This is the third bike that I have installed the mirrors on and I love them.

In this time of poor customer service the folks at Double take and Natalie in particular are top notch.
I'm glad it worked out, you got your new mirrors OK and were able to continue your trip without further ado. We're always glad to help out whenever we can!
Thank you for your kind words, it's much appreciated

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #502
smoothride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Haven't got mine yet but they are have been imported to canada. Got to love canada customs.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #503
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,031
I just returned from the 700+ mile Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route and must have beat these mirrors 1,000+ times with pine and sage branches. Nothing more required than pushing them back into position. They are tough bastards!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #504
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothride View Post
Haven't got mine yet but they are have been imported to canada. Got to love canada customs.
Very sorry you're still waiting on your package! We sure do our best to get them out the door as quickly as possible, but you're absolutely right, customs can most definitely hamper a speedy delivery...good news is, Canada Post gets an A+ for reliability in my book, they may occasionally lack in the speed department, but to date, they've always delivered packages to their destination without fail!

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #505
goosecreek
a desk prop

Oddometer: 2,337
I love my mirrors they stay in place and viberate very little. I am still amazed at how quickly it recieved them. Great job guys. I have only traveled about 1 k miles since I got the mirrors but on the 690 that is like 3k on other bikes.
goosecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #506
tzabcan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
1" tough-ball

Was just on RAM's website and noticed that 1" tough-balls are available. Has anyone tried them?
tzabcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #507
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,924
are these mounts available? would like to mount on R80G/S stock mirror mounts.

should I be ordering short or long Ram stalks?

_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #508
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzabcan View Post
Was just on RAM's website and noticed that 1" tough-balls are available. Has anyone tried them?
They don't show a 10mm x 1.25 option, but I've emailed to find out if they will be available, or if I could custom order them. Last time, I was told they wouldn't be making them in B size, so thanks for keeping your eyes out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
are these mounts available? would like to mount on R80G/S stock mirror mounts.

should I be ordering short or long Ram stalks?
I'm not clear what that part is, does it adapt from one size to another? RAM balls exist in most different thread pitches needed, and that's probably the most elegant solution to avoid introducing another link in the chain. Not sure what size the R80 needs, but the options are either the RAM-B-349U that we sell in either fine or coarse thread, and the RAM-B-367U with a shorter 8mm bolt for those rare bikes that don't use 10mm threads.

As for arms, either will work. I use almost exclusively long RAM arms, as it gets the mirror further out when extended, and the head of the mirror more centered on the bike when folded.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #509
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Hey Ned I'm gonna have to order a set of these mirrors but in the meantime I'm still waiting for another dual sport clinic at Coal Creek, lol. Come on back out!
flux_capacitor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #510
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 1,113
Are the ram balls "normal", or different in any way from one I might buy elsewhere?
The reason I ask is, this weekend, my mirror wouldn't stay tight, so I kept trying to turn the arm lever (but, I couldn't turn it any further). I've had it on my bike for a few rides with no problems, but this was bugging me. So, I took the arm off the ball, and the ball was mushed, like it had melted (but, the weather was actually cool). I've never seen that happen to a ram ball, so I put it in my pocket, and was going to take a pic when I got home... then, the ball was round again!
Any idea what happened? I'm no He-man, so I don't think my superhuman strength warped the ball. Plus, I've got other ram mounts and never had this happen.
(This isn't a big deal- I'm just curious if you use a ram ball from a different company, or something like that.)