User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #271
bone13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
I'm needing a set (but will settle for one) good connecting rods to fit an 83 R80RT

Anyone got some laying about?

www.ridgerunneradventures.com
Old 09-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #272
tete
clown shoes

Oddometer: 346
Tank knee pads needed new or used. As long as their in good shape. Hit me up.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #273
rebelpacket
four-stroke earth-saw

Oddometer: 725
I got a 64/32/12 carb, but now I'm looking for a 64/32/11 carb. Anyone have one on their shelf they are looking to sell?

For some reason, I can find a surplus of right-handed carbs for airheads, but the left-handed carbs are hard to find. Not sure why.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #274
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelpacket View Post
I got a 64/32/12 carb, but now I'm looking for a 64/32/11 carb. Anyone have one on their shelf they are looking to sell?

For some reason, I can find a surplus of right-handed carbs for airheads, but the left-handed carbs are hard to find. Not sure why.
I've heard a theory that the reason this happens is the right carbs last longer because they get oil from the blow by hose. Never heard any other theory so just like the Big Bang Theory which doesn't really have any competition we are stuck with it.

I've had a little luck swapping parts around in my carbs. Do you think a different slide would make the 64/32/11 that you have work? Or maybe the jets are worn out. You don't say exactly what the problem is with the carb you want to replace.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Old 10-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #275
rebelpacket
four-stroke earth-saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
I've had a little luck swapping parts around in my carbs. Do you think a different slide would make the 64/32/11 that you have work? Or maybe the jets are worn out. You don't say exactly what the problem is with the carb you want to replace.
My R75/5 came with the factory carbs; 64/32/3-4. The left side carb (64/32/3) had a pilot jet crumble when I tried to remove it. For all my efforts, I could not remove the brass from the threads of the carb body.

I had struck a deal with a chap on here for a box of 64/32/11 carbs and parts, hence my reason for purchasing a 64/32/12 carb. The deal on the 64/32/11 box didn't happen in time, so I'm stuck with the 64/32/12 carb, and a 64/32/3 carb.

I suppose I could always run two /12 carburetors if I can't find an 11 anywhere. Seems plenty of airheads end up feeding the hungry on eBay.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #276
Bluethumb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Throttle lock screw needed

Looking for the locking knurled thumb screw that is used to tighten down on the twist grip. Has a little Teflon tip and spring. If anyone has an extra they're willing to turn loose, please let me know.
Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #277
Horsehockey
A GPS? Huh?

Oddometer: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluethumb View Post
Looking for the locking knurled thumb screw that is used to tighten down on the twist grip. Has a little Teflon tip and spring. If anyone has an extra they're willing to turn loose, please let me know.
Thanks
$10 at Hucky's BMW: 32 72 1 230 874
Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #278
wirewrkr
the thread-killer

Oddometer: 4,295
Quote:
Thanks
How about from a BMW dealer for $9.65 ?

www.wirewerkes.com
KILL YOUR TELEVISION !!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #279
tete
clown shoes

Oddometer: 346
I know this is a shot into the abyss, but if anyone has the trim pieces for the R90/6 seat, the little chrome/polished bits, please let me know.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #280
Bluethumb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirewrkr View Post
True that, but I have to have it mailed. "Shipping and handling" is $10.95 which makes it a $20 part. Hoping to get one a little cheaper here if someone had an extra. Chaps me to pay $11 to ship a small part like this.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #281
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Quote:
True that, but I have to have it mailed. "Shipping and handling" is $10.95 which makes it a $20 part. Hoping to get one a little cheaper here if someone had an extra. Chaps me to pay $11 to ship a small part like this.
You just have to order more parts than the one part you want. There are other things you need, will need. Maintenance items maybe.

I would also try Bob's because I know he has an after market part. maybe it's cheaper. I don't really think it is but it might be.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #282
rebelpacket
four-stroke earth-saw

Have you tried Hans (bmwhucky.com)? He is incredibly fair and accurate on shipping. I'm sure he'd be willing to drop it into an envelope if thats what you wanted. Most of my shipping costs for parts from him are under 10$ (for boxes).

You have to wait for your check to get there first, but its worth it.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #283
villageidiot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,551
Quote:
Thanks
i took the one off my bike because it wouldnt fit with the mirrors i have, i'll try and find it
Old 10-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #284
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirewrkr View Post
Wow! I think I paid only $3 or $4 for mine less than three years ago - from the dealer.

Money well spent. Now when Gold Wing riders show off their cruise control by doing the wave with their right hands, I wave back with my right hand too.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #285
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

If I ride in Rolling Thunder on Memorial Day in Washington, DC I salute the Marine on Memorial Bridge with my right hand. Always have but I don't ride in this event every year. Now I understand they have made it legal for Vets to salute for special circumstances. Never knew it wasn't legal. I guess it's nice of them to make this legal but if they hadn't I don't think I would have stopped doing it.

Closed Thread