Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
LC Garage OP
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 698
Cylinder Head is "in the mail"

As noted previously, Mr Fast has offered to have their machine shop go thru my cylinder head (for a small and reasonable fee) and regrind the valves, touch up the ports and probably check the springs. Yesterday I did the last and final cleaning before shipping, here's how it looked;

Before;

After;

And in the box;

I've included one of my Pow-Roll pistons for a sample since Azcagiva (son of Fast), has offered to go to Total Seal and see if they can provide a more exact set of rings. The rings bought off the internet from the Greek would probably work, but are just a little iffy.

Thanks to John Graves Propane and Lameco for helping get the SL350 properly built and race ready for next season!

Also thanks to OC for loaning me a plastic fuel tank for the bike, here is the test fit;

I think the tank can be color sanded and buffed, and would look pretty good. Originally I was considering a painted fuel tank with polished aluminum fenders, but I may go this route and see if I can find some cherry Preston Petty fenders in a matching red. By the way, Luke and I weighed the two fuel tanks and this one weighs 3 lbs, the stock unit is 6 lbs.