User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #421
Bluethumb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Throttle lock screw needed

Looking for the locking knurled thumb screw that is used to tighten down on the twist grip. Has a little Teflon tip and spring. If anyone has an extra they're willing to turn loose, please let me know.
Thanks
Bluethumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #422
Horsehockey
A GPS? Huh?

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluethumb View Post
Looking for the locking knurled thumb screw that is used to tighten down on the twist grip. Has a little Teflon tip and spring. If anyone has an extra they're willing to turn loose, please let me know.
Thanks
$10 at Hucky's BMW: 32 72 1 230 874
Horsehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #423
wirewrkr
the thread-killer

Oddometer: 4,297
Quote:
Thanks
How about from a BMW dealer for $9.65 ?

www.wirewerkes.com
KILL YOUR TELEVISION !!!!
wirewrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #424
tete
clown shoes

Oddometer: 348
I know this is a shot into the abyss, but if anyone has the trim pieces for the R90/6 seat, the little chrome/polished bits, please let me know.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #425
Bluethumb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirewrkr View Post
True that, but I have to have it mailed. "Shipping and handling" is $10.95 which makes it a $20 part. Hoping to get one a little cheaper here if someone had an extra. Chaps me to pay $11 to ship a small part like this.
Bluethumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #426
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,387
Quote:
True that, but I have to have it mailed. "Shipping and handling" is $10.95 which makes it a $20 part. Hoping to get one a little cheaper here if someone had an extra. Chaps me to pay $11 to ship a small part like this.
You just have to order more parts than the one part you want. There are other things you need, will need. Maintenance items maybe.

I would also try Bob's because I know he has an after market part. maybe it's cheaper. I don't really think it is but it might be.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
disston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #427
rebelpacket
four-stroke earth-saw

Oddometer: 725
Have you tried Hans (bmwhucky.com)? He is incredibly fair and accurate on shipping. I'm sure he'd be willing to drop it into an envelope if thats what you wanted. Most of my shipping costs for parts from him are under 10$ (for boxes).

You have to wait for your check to get there first, but its worth it.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #428
villageidiot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,305
Quote:
Thanks
i took the one off my bike because it wouldnt fit with the mirrors i have, i'll try and find it
villageidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #429
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirewrkr View Post
Wow! I think I paid only $3 or $4 for mine less than three years ago - from the dealer.

Money well spent. Now when Gold Wing riders show off their cruise control by doing the wave with their right hands, I wave back with my right hand too.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #430
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,387
If I ride in Rolling Thunder on Memorial Day in Washington, DC I salute the Marine on Memorial Bridge with my right hand. Always have but I don't ride in this event every year. Now I understand they have made it legal for Vets to salute for special circumstances. Never knew it wasn't legal. I guess it's nice of them to make this legal but if they hadn't I don't think I would have stopped doing it.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
disston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #431
Les_Garten
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
If I ride in Rolling Thunder on Memorial Day in Washington, DC I salute the Marine on Memorial Bridge with my right hand. Always have but I don't ride in this event every year. Now I understand they have made it legal for Vets to salute for special circumstances. Never knew it wasn't legal. I guess it's nice of them to make this legal but if they hadn't I don't think I would have stopped doing it.
I was under the impression you weren't supposed to salute unless you were in uniform?
Les_Garten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #432
chollo9
Screwed the Pooch

Oddometer: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
Maybe. But in Rolling Thunder when I come over that bridge and there's a Marine standing at attention in dress blues saluting me, I salute back. Of course I'm a civilian. I just read somewhere that they now make it legal in certain circumstance for Vets to do this. I don't know what the exact circumstances are but I felt it was appropriate long before they made it legal.

I didn't have much fun in the military and I was not what you might think of as a good soldier. I should have maybe been busted more times than I was. I was a Rebel, I guess. Didn't want to be there. But they trained me and made me a Medic and I was the best Medic in my outfit. Might be tooting my horn a bit but I think I'm not far from wrong.

All this is good talk for me some. But not really in place for this thread. I will erase my posts concerning the extra subject here in 24 hrs. Just like to keep things a little clean.
No, don't erase it. Why? It's your history, your part of the story, and I'm glad to know it. Just like I'm glad I know my dad's WWII stories and my grandfathers' WWI stories and the story I heard just last weekend from my country neighbor who was a radioman in Vietnam who now goes back and works underground in the ministry. I agree with some of it, some I don't, but I like hearing all of it. I came here because I'm a motorcyclist, but I keep coming back because of the stories.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #433
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,934
Yep, don't erase it - a little thread drift is fine with me. Keeps this place real and the Inmates real.

And thanks for your service.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #434
Carl

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
For Sale or Trade:

This system has been mounted on a bike of mine for about eight months or so. It is in excellent condition. I'm going to be testing out some different pannier designs and will be taking this set off the bike. It is in excellent condition. It includes:
  • HD Version II pannier mounts system w/ hardware
  • One pair of custom panniers
  • One pannier to mounts hardware kit
  • One new custom length turn signal bracket (the used one in the pic is staying on the bike)

The asking cost is $575 plus shipping. I'm also intersted in trading for pre-70 airhead parts. Or maybe post-70 parts...

The bike is not included.

Email direct (not an ADVrider PM) if interested.

Thanks,
Carl
Deal pending. Received a decent amount of trade offers. Some were really bizarre.

Carl

Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #435
Jamie

Oddometer: 1,219
Wtb

WTB

Looking to buy a rear shock for a monoshock airhead and progressive front fork springs. Preferably aftermarket and in good working order. PM me. Thanks.

1985 + R80/R100 RS/RT
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote