User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
woodenski OP
Mac Geek

Oddometer: 11
Iceland Biking Viking 2012

Did anyone rent from Biking Viking in Iceland this summer (2012)? Or even heard from them via email? We've been trying to reach them via various emails for four weeks now without luck and wonder if they are still in business.

http://www.bikingviking.is/
Old 09-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
DualSport855
what he said

Oddometer: 102
Yes, I rented F650GS and am a very happy customer. Eythor and his crew are first rate. He mentioned an end of season tour to Spain so if you are trying to contact them, chill. He will get back to you. They had a very busy year and are booking heavily for 2013. Once you ride Iceland you will know why he is so busy. It is an amazing place to ride and will not disappoint.

Cheers

Riding in Alberta, BC, NWT and Yukon is most amazing.
DualSport855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
modeselector
Common as muck

Oddometer: 623
Biking Viking Rental Reykjavik Motor Center - be careful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenski View Post
Did anyone rent from Biking Viking in Iceland this summer (2012)? Or even heard from them via email? We've been trying to reach them via various emails for four weeks now without luck and wonder if they are still in business.

BE CAREFUL!

I have had difficult time receiving reply's as well. They have bought or merged a couple times last 2 years so the name has changed to Reykjavik Motor Center

BE CAREFUL! My wife and I lost our booking deposit with them. We booked in March '12 for 2 bikes starting the first of October. After reviewing our holiday time, we decided that Iceland early October would be too cold and changed plans. After several attempted emails with no reply, we were finally able to speak with someone via Skype and cancelled our reservation (a full 5 months in advance).

When we spoke with them, they stated they stopped renting bikes end of September due to the weather and apologized that our rental could not be completed. Once she realized I was trying to STILL get our deposit back, she had to get back to me. Their reply: reservations must be cancelled 14 days after reservation made - fourteen days - per the rental terms.

They are just enforcing the "terms" we missed when we signed up, which is our fault.

One would expect they refund any deposit due to the weather ~ and kind of a sh*ty thing to do with almost half a year notice~be careful.
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
mad8vskillz
worst adventurer ever

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenski View Post

yep, i rode with them in june
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800573
use their facebook, they respond very quickly.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Witold
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeselector View Post
BE CAREFUL!

We booked in March '12 for 2 bikes starting the first of October.

When we spoke with them, they stated they stopped renting bikes end of September due to the weather and apologized that our rental could not be completed.
So they let you rent a bike even though they're not renting it during that time frame, and then they have the balls to say that it's your fault?

Great people, they must be.

If they do this under these circumstances, I can only imagine if you get a scratch on the bike or something.
Witold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
modeselector
Common as muck

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
So they let you rent a bike even though they're not renting it during that time frame, and then they have the balls to say that it's your fault?
That's exactly right-booked the reservation and kept the deposit for a rental the would not be able to provide. Poor business practice - be careful with these guys.
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote