Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #286
Les_Garten
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
If I ride in Rolling Thunder on Memorial Day in Washington, DC I salute the Marine on Memorial Bridge with my right hand. Always have but I don't ride in this event every year. Now I understand they have made it legal for Vets to salute for special circumstances. Never knew it wasn't legal. I guess it's nice of them to make this legal but if they hadn't I don't think I would have stopped doing it.
I was under the impression you weren't supposed to salute unless you were in uniform?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #287
chollo9
Screwed the Pooch

Oddometer: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
Maybe. But in Rolling Thunder when I come over that bridge and there's a Marine standing at attention in dress blues saluting me, I salute back. Of course I'm a civilian. I just read somewhere that they now make it legal in certain circumstance for Vets to do this. I don't know what the exact circumstances are but I felt it was appropriate long before they made it legal.

I didn't have much fun in the military and I was not what you might think of as a good soldier. I should have maybe been busted more times than I was. I was a Rebel, I guess. Didn't want to be there. But they trained me and made me a Medic and I was the best Medic in my outfit. Might be tooting my horn a bit but I think I'm not far from wrong.

All this is good talk for me some. But not really in place for this thread. I will erase my posts concerning the extra subject here in 24 hrs. Just like to keep things a little clean.
No, don't erase it. Why? It's your history, your part of the story, and I'm glad to know it. Just like I'm glad I know my dad's WWII stories and my grandfathers' WWI stories and the story I heard just last weekend from my country neighbor who was a radioman in Vietnam who now goes back and works underground in the ministry. I agree with some of it, some I don't, but I like hearing all of it. I came here because I'm a motorcyclist, but I keep coming back because of the stories.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #288
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,989
Yep, don't erase it - a little thread drift is fine with me. Keeps this place real and the Inmates real.

And thanks for your service.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #289
Carl

Oddometer: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
For Sale or Trade:

This system has been mounted on a bike of mine for about eight months or so. It is in excellent condition. I'm going to be testing out some different pannier designs and will be taking this set off the bike. It is in excellent condition. It includes:
  • HD Version II pannier mounts system w/ hardware
  • One pair of custom panniers
  • One pannier to mounts hardware kit
  • One new custom length turn signal bracket (the used one in the pic is staying on the bike)

The asking cost is $575 plus shipping. I'm also intersted in trading for pre-70 airhead parts. Or maybe post-70 parts...

The bike is not included.

Email direct (not an ADVrider PM) if interested.

Thanks,
Carl
Deal pending. Received a decent amount of trade offers. Some were really bizarre.

Carl

Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #290
Jamie

Oddometer: 1,219
Wtb

WTB

Looking to buy a rear shock for a monoshock airhead and progressive front fork springs. Preferably aftermarket and in good working order. PM me. Thanks.

1985 + R80/R100 RS/RT
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #291
mrfortynine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Two 22mm handlebars and R100R instrument and lighting bits

A brand new Fehling euro low bar, $60 shipped within usa.

A brand new Rizoma black 22mm handle bar. It looks like these. It seems to be 22mm despite the the website claiming it being 7/8". $70 shipped within usa.

Also, I have various bits related to headlight, instrument and front turning lights from a 92 R100R. Photos can be found here.

headlight mounting bracket,
turning lights and mounting pieces,
tach
speedo (SOLD)
speedo drive cable,
instrument cups (SOLD),
a pair of mirrors
instrument indicator panel.
two side stands from unknown airhead.

PM me if you are looking for some particular bit in that area. I'm keeping the headlight though.

mrfortynine screwed with this post 10-08-2012 at 09:13 PM
Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #292
sunbeamtim
n00b

Oddometer: 12
crash bars

looking for crash bars for 86 r80 .scarred / damaged but useable fine . based in connecticut at the moment .
Old 10-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #293
brocktoon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Anyone want free R75/5/6/7 / R65 1978-80 piston rings?

I bought these rings from Motobins for my R75/5. Later, I ended up Nikasil plating the barrels. This set has a chrome compression ring, which won't work for Nikasil barrels. They were installed on the pistons and inserted into the barrels, but never saw actual use. They were put on and taken off with a piston ring expander.

I will toss these in a small priority mail flat rate box and ship them to whoever wants them. You pay the cost of shipping ($5.35). They're motobins part no 50370.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #294
Boxer Metal
Mad Scientist

Oddometer: 3,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocktoon View Post

I bought these rings from Motobins for my R75/5. Later, I ended up Nikasil plating the barrels. This set has a chrome compression ring, which won't work for Nikasil barrels. They were installed on the pistons and inserted into the barrels, but never saw actual use. They were put on and taken off with a piston ring expander.

I will toss these in a small priority mail flat rate box and ship them to whoever wants them. You pay the cost of shipping ($5.35). They're motobins part no 50370.
I could use them.
VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694 & Airhead BMW Club #600
Old 10-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #295
Les_Garten
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocktoon View Post

Very nice gesture!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #296
brocktoon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmweuro View Post
I could use them.
Then you got them. PM me your address, and a short affidavit indicating you have accepted Christ as your personal savior.

Just kidding. Address only.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #297
headtube
6 months of winter!

Oddometer: 279
Wanted: Rear brake Master cylinder pivot pin and arm/lever

In need of this piece. It actuates the plunger/piston on the rear MC. If someone could help me out with this I'll save a ton `o cash. The only way to acquire this part is to purchase the entire MC from the dealership. A $200.00 hit!

Ideally it should come with the pivot pin and clips. Bike in question is a 79 R100 RS. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #298
Boxer Metal
Mad Scientist

Oddometer: 3,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by headtube View Post
In need of this piece. It actuates the plunger/piston on the rear MC. If someone could help me out with this I'll save a ton `o cash. The only way to acquire this part is to purchase the entire MC from the dealership. A $200.00 hit!

Ideally it should come with the pivot pin and clips. Bike in question is a 79 R100 RS. Thanks.

PM me I'm sure I have a complete master Cylinder on the bracket. You pay the postage and it's your.
VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694 & Airhead BMW Club #600
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #299
mpilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
WTB: /5 Lower Triple Tree

Looking for a good straight lower triple tree for a /5 - mine is tweaked pretty bad.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #300
JonnyCash
turd polisher

Oddometer: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot View Post
Looking for a good straight lower triple tree for a /5 - mine is tweaked pretty bad.
PM sent