Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
hayduke.klr07 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Tour de Wyoming VI

Tour de Wyoming does northern Colorado (atleast a little bit of it).

Here is the most amazing part of the whole trip, (really no point in reading beyond here) it wasn't raining and in the 30's when we left! First time in 3 years.

here is last years start:

or maybe that was the year before, the point is it wasn't raining this year. In fact we could have not asked for better weather except for maybe this:

and even then, it made for hero conditions with no frickin' dust!

Three of us took off on a Friday, home on the following Saturday, and rode about 1500 miles. Now some of you would say "big deal" and I don't blame you. But keep in mind one of our days we made 20 miles in 4.5 hours, only to triple our miles because the closest beer was 40 miles away. And that was the biggest day!

We managed to see Carhenge, Chugwater, Deadman Hill, the 177 road, Walden, Steamboat, Rabbit Ears, Encampment (and a guy name Jesse, who made us look like a bunch of sallys), the diffculty road (sort of) and the Dixon road. Now who wouldn't call that fun.

As a guess, we rode about 80/20 dirt/asphalt from Rapid City round trip. My only regret is that I can't do this all the time.

Will try for a better job of an actual ride report as compared to last year (tour de V). That shouldn't be too hard as I am already one post ahead of last years effort!!
hayduke.klr07 is offline   Reply With Quote