ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #46
rudiemoto
Adventurer
 
rudiemoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: manchester
Oddometer: 17
[QUOTE=hillbillypolack;18870152]Andreani????

Is that a concern? I thought these were supposed to be Ohlins.


Andreani are custom ohlin builders
You can order
Weight of rider
Type of riding
And so on
rudiemoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #47
gkaan
Bikes on the Brain
 
gkaan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Philly
Oddometer: 504
HP2E mods coming

i have a pending sale for my G650X-challenge which means I will have some funds to fix/improve my HP2E. firstly it needs a new rear drive
secondly, the fork tube is shot which is OK as i plan on calling FBI to discuss alternatives as the front end is still too soft for me even after installing heavier springs and fork oil. I have also decided that ill be doing much more on-road riding moving forward and am installing the supermoto wheels/tires and leaving them on for a season or two. This means i need to improve the front brake as it is great for off road but a litlle underwhelming for aggressive on road riding. It would be great to know what experiences folks have had with the front brake alternatives out there that would work for street riding? I will also be looking at rear shock if i don't run out of money first. I cant wait to get started!
gkaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #48
Some Dude
what attitude problem???
 
Some Dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Woodstock, GA
Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaan View Post
i have a pending sale for my G650X-challenge which means I will have some funds to fix/improve my HP2E. firstly it needs a new rear drive
secondly, the fork tube is shot which is OK as i plan on calling FBI to discuss alternatives as the front end is still too soft for me even after installing heavier springs and fork oil. I have also decided that ill be doing much more on-road riding moving forward and am installing the supermoto wheels/tires and leaving them on for a season or two. This means i need to improve the front brake as it is great for off road but a litlle underwhelming for aggressive on road riding. It would be great to know what experiences folks have had with the front brake alternatives out there that would work for street riding? I will also be looking at rear shock if i don't run out of money first. I cant wait to get started!
How good of front brakes do you want? I have a radial 4 piston caliper on my HP2 E with KTM 48mm forks for my "street" set-up and I have a KTM 950SM front end (complete) that can easily be adapted to the HP2 E for a truly nice handling MegaMoto set-up complete with radial calipers and master cylinder from an S1RR.

The Stock SM wheel set is going to help with braking as it has a 320mm front rotor instead of the 265, but you're still squeezing with the very small front caliper so it's only a marginal improvement. QTM makes a radial caliper adapter for the KTM forks which can be adapted to the HP2 E. This will give you much better valving for comp/rebound which is the major weakness of the stock Zoke forks and there can be custom springs made for either fork, but even with the right springs the valving has to match.
__________________
Just some dude on the internet,..
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #49
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer
 
bikecat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Tropical Far East
Oddometer: 1,115
Why not simply transfer MM front end to HP2E and upgrading the forks with Racetech and springs?
bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #50
Some Dude
what attitude problem???
 
Some Dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Woodstock, GA
Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikecat View Post
Why not simply transfer MM front end to HP2E and upgrading the forks with Racetech and springs?
new MM forks would be way more $$$ then used KTM 950 SM of SMR forks and new lower triple clamp as there are no parted out MM's out there. Also the MM Zokes are not as nice as the WP 950 SM or SMR forks. Both options are going to lower the bike quite a bit and rear shock should be matched accordingly.
__________________
Just some dude on the internet,..
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #51
gkaan
Bikes on the Brain
 
gkaan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Philly
Oddometer: 504
sound slike you have a great set up somedude. any pix of your front end? i have a 950sm which im selling. this is part of the reason i'm looking to convert my hp2e as id like to approach the handling and braking of the KTM although i know that would be difficult. i dont know what the costs are for the 950SM fork and radial caliper conversion but that sounds ideal. is there no caliper rotor conversion kits? i have seen rotors but no calipers sold as after market for HP2E but maybe im not looking hard enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
How good of front brakes do you want? I have a radial 4 piston caliper on my HP2 E with KTM 48mm forks for my "street" set-up and I have a KTM 950SM front end (complete) that can easily be adapted to the HP2 E for a truly nice handling MegaMoto set-up complete with radial calipers and master cylinder from an S1RR.

The Stock SM wheel set is going to help with braking as it has a 320mm front rotor instead of the 265, but you're still squeezing with the very small front caliper so it's only a marginal improvement. QTM makes a radial caliper adapter for the KTM forks which can be adapted to the HP2 E. This will give you much better valving for comp/rebound which is the major weakness of the stock Zoke forks and there can be custom springs made for either fork, but even with the right springs the valving has to match.
gkaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #52
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer
 
GSMarc's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Oddometer: 985
should be this :

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...77&postcount=1
__________________
GSMarc from BELGIUM
2014 KTM EXC450 6Days
2008 HP2/MM ABS
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
GSMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #53
gkaan
Bikes on the Brain
 
gkaan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Philly
Oddometer: 504
Just ordered my cartridge kit from David at FBI. Can't wait!
gkaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:01 AM   #54
configurationspace OP
delooper
 
configurationspace's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Kanadia
Oddometer: 8,697
I'm draining the oil from my forks -- first oil change since the FBI cartridge inserts. Holy hell it takes forever for the oil to drain! Every time I think I've drained the oil, I turn the forks upside down for a while, pump them a few times, turn them back upside-down, and another 5 tablespoons come out.

Is there a quick way to get the oil out? Maybe I'm being too fussy, but wow. It's also only around 12c here right now, that might have something to do with it.
configurationspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014