Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #17
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cascade Rider View Post
It was firing on both cylinders, it just seemed to favor the Left jug a bit more. But the spark on both cylinders was very weak. And both TB's showed evidence of back fire / miss fire. Again, missing more in the Right jug than the left. I was not aware that the Ignition fired both cylinders at the same time. that being the case, Is there a good alternative coil or a coil with the same part number that would be a good replacement? If I could find a coil that had the same ohm and voltage output that would be sweet.
I think there are several companies selling more cost-effective replacements to the expensive BMW ignition coil from a dealer. I just had a look and Euromotoelectrics has it listed here, Beemerboneyard has used replacements listed here (out of stock at the time of posting) and Motorrad Elektrik has them listed here. No special reason why you should go to them as I'm sure you could find other sources also - these were just the first places I looked. These guys also all state that early oilhead coils were failure prone.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote