Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #16
shrek2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPorte View Post
Hi Dave
Yes I did, How was the rest of your ride? I wanted to go home and watch the 49er game so I left after lunch. Picked up a piece of metal at Uvas Dam on the way home. To make matters worst I didn't have anything to put air back in the tire after I changed the tube. Met some very nice people who gave me a hand. Next day I went to Zoom and picked up a new tube and CO2 bottles and the little dodad to re-inflate the tire. That makes two rear flat's in 11,000 miles on the BMW.

Tony
Sorry to hear that Tony, Jeff and I split off from the group and had some fun on San Jose Soquel good Times.

Hope to see ya soon

Dave
shrek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #17
ebnelson
Frozen rider

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPorte View Post
I said I was thinking on how to mount the rear tire. Well I made some heplers. My third hand to hold the caliper in place. Made them out of wood. Three pieces and a long Zip Tie. Just mounted my rear tire alone and did it in under 1 minute. First try. If I new how to post pictures I would post pictures of the tools. Pretty simple when you think about it. Now I am not worried about riding alone and getting a flat on the rear then struggling to re-mount the wheel.

LaPorte
The only tools you need are the ones to remove the ABS sensors, wrench or socket for the rear axle nut, and wrenches for the slider bolt / lock nut. If the bike is on center stand, it helps to use your legs to hold the rear wheel in position to slide the axle in or out. Same is true for lining up the rear disc to caliper. Of course, you should make sure the brake pad are fully apart first. The wheel can be a pain but a little getting dirty and cussing are all that is required.
ebnelson is offline   Reply With Quote