ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #21
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
Chris,

I usually draw it out as a route. I have never used any auto-routing functions or routable maps (only using Mapsource 100K Topo) so when I draw a route, I just follow the bright purple line across the map on the GPS! Maybe this is too simple, but it seems to work OK for me. I'm referring to mostly off road here...not cross country on highways and interstates where I could see the auto-routing being a good feature. It seems that when I've tried to navigate by tracks that they are much harder to see on the screen than the bright, purple route. I am not using the turn-by-turn directions at all...just following the route/track line on the GPS map screen. I was just curious if there was something about using tracks that I haven't learned yet and could use in the future.
Sounds like you're using the route like a track. The GPS has that other screen designed for following a route, I've never used it though.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote