ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #121
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider
 
HAPPYTRAILSINC's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: lost in space
Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider.... View Post
i so need to ride the piutes... never ridden there yet... next year for sure!!!
why wait till next year

or do u need some practice- that place is not for NooBs
__________________
HAPPYTRAILS
Scott

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #122
junglemototours
trailplug
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Idaho to Costa Rica
Oddometer: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
why wait till next year

.........
Ok, I'm in and I'm showing you the good stuff. You have a ride?
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #123
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider
 
HAPPYTRAILSINC's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: lost in space
Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
Ok, I'm in and I'm showing you the good stuff. You have a ride?

THE GOOD STUFF

how about sunday????????????

kap and HDK and myself may be interested !
__________________
HAPPYTRAILS
Scott

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #124
DirtRider....
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtRider....'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Southern California
Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
why wait till next year

or do u need some practice- that place is not for NooBs
not a noob... bwhahahaha i've been on a bike more than once in my life. lol just need sum free time. dont think a Piute ride is a day ride from orange county.
DirtRider.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #125
junglemototours
trailplug
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Idaho to Costa Rica
Oddometer: 1,399
Wicked

Day ride from OC here, SATURDAY, final offer.
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #126
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider
 
HAPPYTRAILSINC's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: lost in space
Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider.... View Post
not a noob... bwhahahaha i've been on a bike more than once in my life. lol just need sum free time. dont think a Piute ride is a day ride from orange county.
I guess i all depends how far u wanna drive for a good ride!
. but lottsa FF's do it!

JMT!!!! saturday or sunday!
kap has a few cases sat, he may be able to get out of his call sunday though!
__________________
HAPPYTRAILS
Scott

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #127
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,626
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #128
junglemototours
trailplug
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Idaho to Costa Rica
Oddometer: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
Truth. Will the van/banned bros be at the green hill tomorrow?
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #129
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
Truth. Will the van/banned bros be at the green hill tomorrow?

nah.

but we'll be up there soon enough though...
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #130
DirtRider....
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtRider....'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Southern California
Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
I guess i all depends how far u wanna drive for a good ride!
. but lottsa FF's do it!

JMT!!!! saturday or sunday!
kap has a few cases sat, he may be able to get out of his call sunday though!

Very true...not sure why I thought the Paiutes were up n the bishop area... Didn't realize they were the mtns near jawbone. In that case it's a day trip fer meh!!!
DirtRider.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #131
DirtRider....
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DirtRider....'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Southern California
Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Mutt View Post
Welcome! Don't get your hopes up for wet dirt. It will be dusty.
Great ride yesterday!!! Thanks for leading us around to some good places yesterday Mojave Mutt!! Was great getting back out in the hi dez again.
DirtRider.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #132
socaltrailrider
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Tustin, CA
Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider.... View Post
Great ride yesterday!!! Thanks for leading us around to some good places yesterday Mojave Mutt!! Was great getting back out in the hi dez again.
Yep, thanks Glenn, fun stuff! Good day or riding.
__________________
2009 BMW K1200LT
KTM 300XC
KTM 525 EXC
socaltrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #133
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Apple Valley California
Oddometer: 490
Thanks for coming out, good ride, great weather. Todays weather out here is just as stunning.
__________________
Location: The Great Mojave
Mojave Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #134
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays
 
Jeff aka BOLT's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Lost in the Mojave
Oddometer: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Mutt View Post
Thanks for coming out, good ride, great weather. Todays weather out here is just as stunning.
Yes it is... and if I didn't dislocate 2 fingers on yesterdays ride reenacting the Tom Cruise - Mission Impossible rock climbing scene after getting thrown from a pissed off dirt bike... I'd be out there again today.

Can't imagine how frustrated you must be having to go get the knee worked on. Best of luck with a fast recovery Glenn !
__________________
Jeff aka BOLT
RIDERS - Just a bunch of guys that wanna go riding !

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #135
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Apple Valley California
Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Yes it is... and if I didn't dislocate 2 fingers on yesterdays ride reenacting the Tom Cruise - Mission Impossible rock climbing scene after getting thrown from a pissed off dirt bike... I'd be out there again today.

Can't imagine how frustrated you must be having to go get the knee worked on. Best of luck with a fast recovery Glenn !

Too bad you didn't have such a great day, shit happens unfortunately.

We had no mishaps at all yesterday, did just over 120 miles, i think we were back at my place around 2:30.

I am a bit bummed with the knee, I've had the same surgery twice before. Recovery is quick, back on the bike 4-6 weeks. Its hell gettin old, 62 on my next bday. I'll be riding the next two weekends before the surgery so lookin forward to that.

Wrenching on my sons bike today, helping him out for next weekends enduro , discovered his rear hub is cracked and roached. If ya know anyone thats got a used one that will fit an 07 250sx KTM give me a shout.
__________________
Location: The Great Mojave
Mojave Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014