Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #46
xronly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
howdy everyone,new to this site but been ridin a while,looking for people to ride with,snail trails looks like fun to me,just wanna find out how to hook up ?live in the caboolture area,jay,,xr 650 r

xronly screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 03:18 AM
xronly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #47
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,028
hi xronly
welcome! snail trails rides have slowed down a bit but there'll definitely be more this year. i'd find the following threads and subscribe to them so you can get an email the moment a new ride is posted:

Strumm's dirty rides for 2012

Snail trail rides in southeast qld for 2012

the dirty rides are dirt rides, not adventure rides.they are usually in glasshouse mountains and no prob on an XR650 if you are an experienced rider.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #48
xronly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
cheers mate,all sounds good,thanks for the reply
xronly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #49
Wasca
Adventurized!

Oddometer: 566
Talking New Snail Trail Participant

Hi Guys

I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Wasca (I'll let you know my real name if we meet in person ) I live on the north side of Brisbane Queensland. I'm very, very new to adventure biking and just today I obtained my Open RE Queensland Motorcycle License.

I'm planning on purchasing a new Yamaha WR450F very soon and I'd love to get involved with the Snail Trails group in order to build up my riding skills and meet fellow adventure riders.

I've watched the video that Strummer put up on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOcvqR2WR3w

It was a great confidence boost watching it, and I'd love to get involved in a ride similar to that in the upcoming months.

I also wanted to let any other potential new riders know about the great riding school I attended to get my license. The company is called Ride Smart. (http://www.ridesmart.com.au). Elliot was my trainer, he's a top-notch bloke that knows his bikes and how to get the most out of a rider. He's interested in making all his students safe confident riders. I can highly recommend them.

So any way, I've subscribed to this thread, just hoping that there will be an upcoming ride within the next month or so.

God Bless and ride safe all :-)

Wasca

Wasca screwed with this post 10-15-2012 at 01:24 AM
Wasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #50
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

hey wasca
welcome to the asylum! as mentioned above, been a bit quiet lately as the main guys who organise rides are doing other stuff now.

could be worth linking up with the new guys in this thread who are starting to do some adventure riding around brissie...

Beginners offroad ride - Brissy Northside - Sat 13 Oct

here's no reason you couldn't just post the idea for a ride like these guys did, there's always a few guys at a loose end for the weekend who'll be happy to link up and show you around a particular area.

if you get a gps, we've put a fair few of our routes here for download, a mix of one, two and three day rides.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #51
Wasca
Adventurized!

Thanks B1

I've posted up in that forum thread so hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks again

Wasca
Wasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #52
zacass
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Hey everyone, the name is zacass or (Zac-O) as some of use called me when i meet use at Maidenwell last weekend and found out im Sean-O's young fella. It was great to meet some of use who could make it :) It was a great two days and everyone was super friendly.
Im keen to do as many rides as possible so i can get my skill level up a bit haha. Hopping to see more of everyone on some new rides.
Just trying to find out how to use the site still :P hope I dont miss out on too many good rides haha

Cheers, Zac-O
zacass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #53
Wasca
Adventurized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacass View Post
Hey everyone, the name is zacass or (Zac-O) as some of use called me when i meet use at Maidenwell last weekend and found out im Sean-O's young fella. It was great to meet some of use who could make it :) It was a great two days and everyone was super friendly.
Im keen to do as many rides as possible so i can get my skill level up a bit haha. Hopping to see more of everyone on some new rides.
Just trying to find out how to use the site still :P hope I dont miss out on too many good rides haha

Cheers, Zac-O
G'day Zac

Was great meeting you on the Maidenwell ride.

As you can probably see from the post just previous to yours, made by me, back when I was just starting out, this thread is seldom looked at or updated.

I'll be looking to do some more rides soon also so will send you a PM if you're interested. In the mean time keep watching the Australian ADV forum thread daily for any new upcoming rides that may be advertised.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #54
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

hey zac
subscribe to this thread: Snail trail rides southeast QLD for 2013

i might be posting one for this sunday....
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #55
Philthy-Phil
:-D

Howdy folks, just thought I would introduce myself...

Been watching the forum and checking out the vids for a while and thought I would finally sign up and say hi.

Hopefully see ya'll out there some time real soon!

When being attacked by a group of clowns, go for the juggler...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1k...?feature=watch
Philthy-Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #56
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy-Phil View Post
Howdy folks, just thought I would introduce myself...
Been watching the forum and checking out the vids for a while and thought I would finally sign up and say hi.
Hopefully see ya'll out there some time real soon!
hey phil, welcome, plenty of like minded inmates here in the asylum. . there's an intro ride posted now on the Snail trail rides southeast QLD for 2013 thread. hopefully catch you out there soon....
Old 08-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #57
Philthy-Phil
:-D

Thanks B1, definitely see ya out there soon!

When being attacked by a group of clowns, go for the juggler...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1k...?feature=watch
Philthy-Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #58
johnbored
n00b

Hi Guys
Not sure whether this is the right thread to post on but I thought I would introduce myself. Im John and I have just brought myself a nice looking 2009 DRZ400e and just in the process of getting it registered etc etc.

It has probably been 8 years since the last time I was on a bike and I was not that great of a rider back then :) so I would class myself a noob but definitely keen to get back into it.

Anyway I look forward to joining you guys on the upcoming rides and have a Happy New years. O currently I am living on the south side of brissy.

Cheers
John
johnbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #59
Wasca
Adventurized!

Welcome John

I was in your position about 14 months ago. I too ride a DR-Z400E nice choice. Make sure you subscribe to this thread for updates. You may also want to subscribe to this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859344 although I'm pretty sure B1 will make a new thread for all things SnailTrail in 2014.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #60
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbored View Post
Hi Guys
Not sure whether this is the right thread to post on but I thought I would introduce myself. I’m John and I have just brought myself a nice looking 2009 DRZ400e and just in the process of getting it registered etc etc.
welcome john, subscribe to the new 2014 ride thread here. you've picked an excellent beast for the task, i've had three of them to date. hope to meet up soon!

B1 screwed with this post 01-02-2014 at 02:15 AM
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote