ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #61
BMW-K
F800GS FTW!

Oddometer: 1,263
Todd, I could go for a breakfast ride on Sunday if you're game. Bread pudding french toast in fawnskin is worth the trip. Pm me your info if you're up to it.

IBA # 20880. STFU and Ride.
BMW-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #62
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,373
Big Bear Sept 30

Wow, the weather could not have been any better for a little bit of riding in Big Bear last weekend. Wifey and I rode up Sat afternoon and stayed with friends on the North Shore. The jungle drums must have been beating on Saturday night though ... I rolled out of the North Shore Cafe Sunday at about 8:30 with 7 other riders; 3 - GS's (incl me), 1 - Super Tenere, 2 - 690's and 2 - 510's.

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #63
BigBearRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
I'm up in BB this weekend if anyone is up for a ride.
BigBearRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #64
folknride
Old Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
? Winter Rideing

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws View Post
Rode up there last week. Been editing the videos all week and just finished today. I know its not fast and not much excitement but I tried to follow the route and got lost and had to cut the ride short since I didn't want to be out there in the dark. I installed GPS and car charger to my bike this week so hopefully I won't get lost next time. I did find some cool routes near Green Valley Lake while being lost and still went through the water crossing hazard getting to Crab Flats CG.
Are these routes open for riding in Jan./Feb., or snowed in?
I stay in the Coachella Valley area then, and am always looking for big bike/old and slow () friendly rides.
I did a quick highway loop through Big Bear last year in Feb. and there was some snow in the trees and some icy spots on the highway but not sure if it was an unusual year.
folknride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #65
BigBearRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by folknride View Post
Are these routes open for riding in Jan./Feb., or snowed in?
I stay in the Coachella Valley area then, and am always looking for big bike/old and slow () friendly rides.
I did a quick highway loop through Big Bear last year in Feb. and there was some snow in the trees and some icy spots on the highway but not sure if it was an unusual year.
It depends. At times there is plenty of snow, and sometimes there is none. Last Xmas it was about 60 degrees for a week.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #66
bigbearjim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
I live up here and they close the forest roads when there is a foot or more of snow on them. They don't reopen them until spring. Christmas is about the time you can forget about the back roads. Hope this helps..Also up here in the fall when the sun dips below the trees it gets f--------- COLD!

Jim
75 Norton Comando,98 Honda XR 400 R,98 BMW K1200 RS,05 BMW R1200 GS 03 Aprilia Tuono R
bigbearjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #67
Dual-Sport-Noob OP
SoCal 650

Oddometer: 15
Any Big Bike Going to BBTR Meeting on Saturday?

I started this thread last month to get a "big bike" ride going on the second Saturday each month in Big Bear after the 9am Big Bear Trail Riders (BBTR) monthly meeting at Nottingham's restaurant.

We had a fun ride last month. I've got a family commitment and won't make the meeting this month. If you're intersted in leading a "big bike" ride this Saturday, let Miguel of the BBTR know. His email is miguel.burgi@gmail.com.

Dan
Dual-Sport-Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #68
RFVC600R
SAND EATER!

Oddometer: 2,257
Sounds like fun. Big bear isn't far at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter Pewterschmidt View Post
He's the XL600 Jesus, his bike dies for our sins.
RFVC600R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #69
socalrc31
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Noobie DRZ rider would like to ride BB this week - anyone planning a easy ride?

Thx
socalrc31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #70
BigBearRider
Gnarly Adventurer

I think I will be up tomorrow, but won't know if I will be able to ride until tomorrow morning.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #71
speedygee68
dirt eater

Oddometer: 220
Thumb 10-20/21 big bear /LA-B2V

Looking to ride in Big Bear this weekend. Also looking for anyone who may be riding the LA-B to V next month who might be up in Big Bear this weekend. My for sure buddy isn't so sure and the other is only a maybe for Saturday. I'd like to meet up with a few riders in hopes of finding a group to ride with. I know how some people may be weary of letting someone they just met tag along and be afraid they might slow them down. I'm not a semi pro black diamond Graham Jarvis rider, but I don't have a mohawk on my helmet either.
speedygee68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 AM   #72
bigbearjim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
riding this week end ?

I'm home this week end and could meet up for a ride on Saturday or Sunday. I've got a question though, do I bring my
R 1200 or my XR 400 ? Let me know where and when and what bike to bring.

Jim
75 Norton Comando,98 Honda XR 400 R,98 BMW K1200 RS,05 BMW R1200 GS 03 Aprilia Tuono R
bigbearjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #73
jdbski
old but getting younger

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbearjim View Post
I'm home this week end and could meet up for a ride on Saturday or Sunday. I've got a question though, do I bring my
R 1200 or my XR 400 ? Let me know where and when and what bike to bring.
Just moved to the area (palm springs) and would love to meet up with some locals to ride around big bear. May be able to ride this weekend. Would love to ride from pioneertown which I visited last weekend. Or ride anywhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it matters I ride a gs and have done a fair amount of offroad.

Thanks,
Jb
jdbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #74
speedygee68
dirt eater

Oddometer: 220
10-20/21 big bear /LA-B2V

looks like something is forming...but I ain't a Big Bear local. I've only ridden up there 3 times and 1 was the Big Bear ride. There's no way I could remember any of that stuff. Looking for a local or someone who knows the area better. If not, will just have to get lost for awhile for the hell of it. I got a 3.1 gallon tank.
speedygee68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #75
jdbski
old but getting younger

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbski View Post
Just moved to the area (palm springs) and would love to meet up with some locals to ride around big bear. May be able to ride this weekend. Would love to ride from pioneertown which I visited last weekend. Or ride anywhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it matters I ride a gs and have done a fair amount of offroad.

Thanks,
Jb
just got word that some of my offspring are invading from LA so i can only ride on sunday. So if anyone is planning on riding then, drop me a note of where you will be and i will try and find you.

thanks,
jb

jdbski screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 08:13 AM
jdbski is offline   Reply With Quote