Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #61
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcapDen View Post
Following along, as well as with JDowns and RTWPaul, have an excellent trip.
Up to 18C here today and a little wet on the N/W end of Lake Ontario.
Welcome along on the ride!
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #62
Kedgi OP
Banned

Thumb Made it to Mexico

Made it to Mexico

Mexico, Maine that is!!!

I figured I would stop at dusk and Mexico seemed about the right distance, it was, but there was a catch, no motels in Mexico Maine. I pushed on to Rumford, the GPS took me for a ride around looking for a motel and dropping me off in a residential area in front of someone's house, claiming, I had arrived at destination. I back tracked a few miles asked a couple local guys directions and was happy to find the Linnel Motel. It was dark and the temperature had dropped from a high of 62 to 45 in a hurry when the sun went down.

The ride to the US border with my buddy Steve was excellent. The Fall foliage is at peak and simply amazing. I don't remember them ever being so nice.

US Customs was a breeze. The Officer at US Customs even asked if I had a blog when I told her I was headed to SA, I told her how to find me on ADVrider, so now she's likely reading along.

I'll post some pictures from today later. The internet here is very slow. I tried to Skype Angele and we talked briefly but then it cut out. She knows I'm safe and sound after day 1
Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #63
rtwpaul
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,595
did you know you can become a world traveler just 35 miles down the road from where you are at tonight in Lynchville...at the world traveler sign, look on your left as you ride down the rte 5/35 and make the turn towards waterford...its a cool photo
rtwpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #64
Kedgi OP
Banned

World Traveller Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwpaul View Post
did you know you can become a world traveler just 35 miles down the road from where you are at tonight in Lynchville...at the world traveler sign, look on your left as you ride down the rte 5/35 and make the turn towards waterford...its a cool photo

I googled World Traveller Sign, Cool, I knew Maine has a Mexico and a Peru, in fact I passed the turnoff to Peru and I knew Maine has a China but I never knew so many world famous spots were in Maine
Old 10-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #65
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,754

Go man go!

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #66
Kedgi OP
Banned

Lurking encouraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post

Go man go!
Hey Katoom119

Lurking's encouraged, welcome aboard.

I plan to get down between Albany, NY and Scranton, PA today and arrive at a friend's place in Hagerstown MD on Friday. Weather is supposed to awesome today 60F and sunny!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #67
TK-LA
SoCal Rider

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post

The Fall foliage is at peak and simply amazing. I don't remember them ever being so nice.
As a native Mainer, (now living in Los Angeles), I sorely miss this time of the year. The crisp weather and foliage are just the best.

Safe travels.
2007 Suzuki GS500f - Don't underestimate (and don't take it in loose rocks!)
2004 Suzuki LS650 "Savage" - Either stolen or ran away from home.
TK-LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #68
Kedgi OP
Banned

Leaving home

It is not fun leaving home for a long time.

Angele made a great breakfast and kept a stiff upper lip.

It was nice of my buddy Steve to join me for a run to the border, His GS is in the shop, so he brought his wife's Red Can-Am

Old 10-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #69
Kedgi OP
Banned

5 States in one day

I had no idea when I left Rumford, Maine this morning I would ride in 5 States today. I won't bore you with descriptions of perfect weather, twisty mountain roads, tall fragant pines, long shadows, huge vistas, steep mountain creeks, but here are some pictures of my day today, sent from Pittsfield MA after riding in ME, NH, VT, NY and MA

Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #70
Kedgi OP
Banned

For Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-LA View Post
As a native Mainer, (now living in Los Angeles), I sorely miss this time of the year. The crisp weather and foliage are just the best.

Safe travels.
You got that right. What a day of riding I had today! A 10

Welcome aboard
Old 10-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #71
Al in NB
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I hope you stashed a few Mooseheads in your pack, you never know when you have that thirst for home.
Al in NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #72
Kedgi OP
Banned

Moosehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in NB View Post
I hope you stashed a few Mooseheads in your pack, you never know when you have that thirst for home.

Doh! So much to think of. I had a couple Bud Lights after a long day today in a Pittsfield Bar where the locals were cheering the fact that the Yankees were down 6-0 against Detroit.

Welcome aboard AL
Old 10-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #73
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Im in as well!!! I too was cheering for the Tigers as they pounded the Yankees (Boston fan here) Safe travels down south and keep the rubber down. I used to leave up in Boston until 2004 and this time of the year is what I miss the most!!!

later
John
Eagletalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #74
Kedgi OP
Banned

Spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletalon View Post
Im in as well!!! I too was cheering for the Tigers as they pounded the Yankees (Boston fan here) Safe travels down south and keep the rubber down. I used to leave up in Boston until 2004 and this time of the year is what I miss the most!!!

later
John
The only way I can describe today is spectacular. Clear blue, about 60 degrees, no wind, Fall leaves! A perfect day to ride the Mountains
Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #75
Kedgi OP
Banned

Laugh Payback's a bitch

I guess yesterday was just too perfect. Today was payback day. It had to happen. I left my comfortable motel room in Pittsfield, MA after debating with myself whether that was wise it was raining so hard. I followed the GPS and told it to avoid Interstates and Tolls and head for Hagerstown MD.

I was off to a pretty good start in spite of the rain and in fact it even let up for a bit and as I re- entered NY State (I only left NY for MA late yesterday when I found that a cell phone that I have from the USA was de-activated. I had no idea why, but it was getting late and I told the GPS I needed a hotel and the nearest one was just south of me in Massachusetts).

Turns out the phone was de-activated because I had used it to call Canada directly which you can`t do, who knew?

Nice of the good people at Tracfone to deactivate a phone and not tell you. I got it re-activated when I promised to call their international call access number and when you do that it tells you to dial direct. ROTFL

Anyway I took this picture this morning as I crossed back into NY.

Things were going good to this point

Kedgi screwed with this post 10-19-2012 at 04:33 PM