User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
eightup OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Few Europe Questions

So I am in the process of planning a tripe to Europe, Russia, and maybe a few other places. I am trying to do this as cheaply as possible so I can travel as long as possible (sounds good in theory). So a few things:

I know stealth camping is pretty popular here in the US. How are the options for it overseas? Still just as easy?

I would like to do a lot of fishing to provide free and good meals. I'm in no rush to get anywhere so why not stop and cast a line for a while. How are the regulations for fishing over there? Similar to the US?

If anyone else has some tips or tricks to toss out, I am all ears. Thanks guys!
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Rudl
Panthera tigris alpina

Oddometer: 106
It depends

"Stealth" Camping: Allowed in some countries (e.g. Northern Europe, Romania), not so in other contries. But if you keep a low profile (not in towns, not in touristy areas, don't litter,..), you probably won't run into much trouble. Just be aware that it's crowded over here, so that low profile thing might need some experience getting realized.

Fishing: I guess regulations vary big time all over Europe, e.g. here in Austria it's regulated by provincial law and depends on the owner of the lake/pond/river and we are a small country. But don't expect to be able to just go to river and fish. Usually you need to obtain some kind of licence somewhere locally and finding where to get that in each of the places you stay might just be prohibitive time-wise so I won't bother taking the gear along.
Rudl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
wheatwhacker
It's raining here

Oddometer: 2,883
I have plenty of space for camping or a sofa to sleep on in Ireland beside a nice fishing town. If your willing to work, we may keep you for the summer.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
eightup OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatwhacker View Post
I have plenty of space for camping or a sofa to sleep on in Ireland beside a nice fishing town. If your willing to work, we may keep you for the summer.
That would be awesome PM sent.
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote