Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

Oddometer: 270
Motorbike Communication Systems

Dale McLean Motorcycle Electronics

I've been doing M/cycle comms for near 30 years now. I import direct from the UK StarCom1 systems and from Taiwan the BikeComm systems.

Products cover Bluetooth Headsets for Rider - Pillion only, Bluetooth headsets for up to 4 paople up to 900m apart, BikeComm BK-02 - Bluetooth headsets to a "HUB" that integrate intercom , stereo music, phone , GPS, UHF and one more device too. StarCom1 "wired" systems that integrate intercom, stereo music (seperate for rider and pillion too if wanted), phone (can be seperate R-P too), GPS, UHF.

EVERYTHING we do gets tested on road on a '78 Ducati 900 with LOUD pipes - if it doesn't cut the mustard it doesn't get sold, end of story.

I keep stock of UHF's, both handheld and "car type" and can integrate them to all the systems.

Just give us a ring if you have any questions

ADV mates rates = free freight (orders over $100) or 1/2 price labour for fitting
DMME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

Online review of the BikeComm Bluetooth headsets has just been put up
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...tercom-review/

DMME screwed with this post 09-14-2012 at 01:58 PM
Old 10-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

OK Guys Ive spent a little time and done a demo of the new BikeCOmm wirless system

This is what you can expect to hear, and what others will hear form you.

Youtube link
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #4
Sauer 1979
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Cool2 Friday's Vist!

Hi Dale,

Can't wait to catch up on Friday to see what we can do with the r1200 gsa.

Really looking forward to riding away with a great comms system!

The BikeComm BK-02 looks very good.

Cheers!
Sauer 1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #5
Sauer 1979
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Cool2 StarCom1 Advance

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick message to let all members know how professional Dale at DMME is.

We had 2 bikes put in last Friday.

One we installed a Star Com1 Advance, and another bike needed repairs to the comms system.

The bike's radio that needed repairs was installed by another operator, and Dale found 6 installation problems with the radio. The difference was unbelievable after he had finished.

The Starcom Advance was great for what I needed, and functioned well on the trip home. It was great to have PPT UHF radio and take phone calls with the blue tooth. Most times callers didn't realise I was on a bike!

Prices were excellent and Dale's knowledge was second to none. It was worth the 5 hour ride up and back.

If anyone is considering a comms system for safety and enjoyment give Dale a ring even if you are considering something else. Having someone with 30 + years experience helps.

Labour is half price for ADVriders.

For those interested bikes were R1200 GSA 2008 models.

Sauer 1979 screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 02:58 AM Reason: didn't finish!
Sauer 1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

NEW PRODUCT now in stock

GPS TRACKING SYSTEM

this little unit uses a phone SIM card and GPS module to keep you (and 2 others if you like) in touch with your pride and joy at any time.

Motion sensor, back up battery, bike battery disconnect, GEO fence it has great features. You can even call it and listen in around it if you think you are outside the lock up some thief has thought they've hidden it in

Use your mobile to text and get a location, use your mobile to track on Google maps in real time, or replay tracks (data kept for 6 months) on the home PC.

There is even an SOS button to send location and "SOS" to 3 mobiles if you need help (provided you have phone coverage).

I've used a TELSTRA long life SIM - 6 months for $30 and so far in 2 months TEXT and DATA has added to under $10 .

Dont forget to mention ADV mates rates - free delivery on orders over $100
Old 09-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
Nerb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Has someone made a system to connect different brand bluetooth comm systems? I understand they all use their own system so different brands cannot talk to each other.

I'd like to see a box that sits under your seat or in a bag that will connect to any bluetooth comms system and transmit to another, preferably with good range (ie more than they typical 1km bluetooth range).

So for example:
rider(bikecom)-->magicbox----------------->magicbox-->rider(Scala)

Am I dreaming?
Nerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:06 AM   #8
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

Sort of

its a UHF radio .

Sorry but I cant see something like your description coming along any time soon.

To reach more than a k you need power - Bluetooth (by its nature and design) is short range - low power

Most BT headsets have around 8 Meg of software some of which is data look up stuff to accomodate phones etc.
Phone companies are nice to BT headset suppliers and send them the protocols and info so they can talk.
BT headset manufacturers hold their software close to their chest as they think it is superior to the otheres and dont want it to be easily copied.

SO the most convenient way to talk to gropus or other brands is by using and adaptor or system that brings UHF radio to the BT headset.

Our BikeComm comes with the PTT and UHF leads (for some radios) so is like what you desire, The StarCom1 (wired to your helmet) also accepts UHF and PTT. You just need other people to have a UHF hooked in - THEN it doesnt matter what headsets or system they have you can all talk to each other and up to 15ks apart with 5 watt UHF's and clear ground

(hope that covers it )
Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #9
Nerb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.
Nerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
Bruz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Laugh Bluetooth Wireless Comms

Gidday guys, Just some quick feedback on my Bikecom unit purchased some 6 months ago from Dale and installed by myself. Very happy!
Its a great unit once you take the time to understand the settings. Dales help was fantastic when I installed it, he assisted over the phone when I hit a "pothole" or two! The software can be updated and I'm really looking forward to hearing of the updates. I run a UHF, iPhone for music (plugin) and iphone via bluetooth through the Garmin Nav IV GPS for phone. I noticed the iPhone 4 (personal phone) pairs seamlessly everytime (no action required) where the iphone 4S (work phone1) is very difficult to stay paired. Wonder what the new 5S will hold in store when I pick one up? I keep all my software updates current. Bike is a R1200GSA. 2013.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,331
Hi Dale,

What system would you recommend for a 2012 BMW GSA?

I liked what I saw in the youtube clip that you posted but how do you think it would work with a Shoei Hornet Adventure type helmet?

Cheers.
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:08 AM   #12
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64 View Post
Hi Dale,

What system would you recommend for a 2012 BMW GSA?

I liked what I saw in the youtube clip that you posted but how do you think it would work with a Shoei Hornet Adventure type helmet?

Cheers.
Depends on how many voices you want in your head

Could be just a Bluetooth headset, all the way to a full system wired or wireless to your head/s

Put a list of what you want and i can narrow it down a bit
Old 10-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,331
PM sent mate.
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #14
DNL
Life is an Adventure!!

Oddometer: 117
Thought I'd say a sincere thanks to Dale at DMME.

I bought my Starcom1 system, from Dale a few years ago - maybe 2009 - rode up to his place, where Dale fitted for me.

last week, I add the bluetooth model, and while it worked well, there were problems with the original cables - my fault over the last few years trying to brute the connectors together - and it was shorting out.

I contacted Dale again, he provided advice over the phone, and also suggested if I still had problems, to send the unit back to him. I did have problems, and discovered the PTT for the UHF was not working as well.

I posted the gear yesterday at lunch time. Dale has just let me know it is sorted and on its way back to me, and I'll have the unit by the end of the week.

If anyone is considering a comms system, I highly recommend you contact Dale first. Good honest advice, no BS and plenty of help with after sales service second to none! Plus the Starcom systems work really well.

Thanks Dale, you assisted greatly in the initial set up, and the subsequent repairs. Old school service and advice, which beats online buying any day.

Cheers
Dave
DNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #15
sidecarxer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Hi Dale, I'm looking for a coms system from rider to passenger on a sidecarcross outfit. So it doesn't have to have a long range...unless 1 or other falls off and can't really have PTT, the passenger is usually too busy to look for a PTT button. Noise cancelling option could be good too as sometimes passengers can scream like a bitch
Seriously, very keen to see what is available as we train passengers from time to time and it could prove valuable.
sidecarxer is offline   Reply With Quote