Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #46
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,182
Had a great time..My bike ran like crap in pratice and my first heat but we got it running top notch for the main...becuase of my poor heat i had to start on the second row but luckily got a good start and was some where around 3rd-4th into the first corner when a big o triumph twin went down in front of me and my foot got a little tangeled up with it but I keep the bike up but unfortinately this set off a chain of events that made all hell broke loose behind me with body's and bike flying threw the air. Had to be 4+ bikes down. One rider took an ambulance ride out. I found out later he fracutred a vertebra broke his elbow got like 12 stitches in a leg and a few other small injuries. But his buddies say he was actually feeling pretty well.

When It got re started my bike about stalled on the line and I got a terrible start.When all was said and done I finished 6th out of 14

I think all the bikes in front of me where harley and triumph twins.. I dont think I could have got much more out of my poor little bike...I had a great race going with one of the harleys. We where swapping position the entire race it was a ton of fun.
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #47
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

read the write up

http://www.ironandresin.com/blog

these pics about some up the event

Old 10-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #48
Hunsta
Have guns will hunt

Oddometer: 5,457
I know this thread started over a year ago, but it was a great read. Ive just got my bike on the track for the first time and it was a hoot.
This last pic you posted. I cant believe that guy at the back is running with semi ape-hangers. It must handle something crazy.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #49
walstibsf
ADVENTURE-HOLIC

Oddometer: 212
Hey, Jeffs: man! after reading your thread, my purkulator is perkin'! I, too, have a racing past and now I wish I wouldn't a sold my DT bikes. Noplace to race near hear. But may be worth traveling to CAL to see.

THANKS FOR AN AWESOME THREAD!

built these to run at Billings and Casper:

PS...the SEG on #20 says it all!

what a long strange trip it's been......SO FAR......

walstibsf screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 09:09 AM Reason: sp
walstibsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #50
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunsta View Post
I know this thread started over a year ago, but it was a great read. Ive just got my bike on the track for the first time and it was a hoot.
This last pic you posted. I cant believe that guy at the back is running with semi ape-hangers. It must handle something crazy.

thanks for chekcing out the thread... I have been reading yours on the XL ... good looking bike

That guy is actually pretty quick..the bike looks a beater but runs FAAASSSST
Old 11-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #51
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Bummed I missed the last Hooligan race of the season last saturday..been busy packing up for the new home

some of the action looking back at turn one

Old 11-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #52
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by walstibsf View Post
Hey, Jeffs: man! after reading your thread, my purkulator is perkin'! I, too, have a racing past and now I wish I wouldn't a sold my DT bikes. Noplace to race near hear. But may be worth traveling to CAL to see.

THANKS FOR AN AWESOME THREAD!

built these to run at Billings and Casper:

PS...the SEG on #20 says it all!

nice bikes...is that Harley a real XR ? I actually kind of miss the AMA's spec 883 class...I think you guys still got some flat track going on in AZ .. I think out in buckeye and maybe queen creek ?? this link may be work looking at

http://www.flattrack.com/index.php?o...96592&Itemid=0
Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #53
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

I am on the fence about what to do for next season... I can keep pushing the little KLX 250 but need me some more power

I am thinking of getting me and 80's 250 two stroke..lower it (pretty ez to do with enternal spacers) and throw a mag front 19" off an old KZ or something on it .... But keeping it all on the super cheap.. I could run it in the "Real" flat track races out at Perris with SCFTA and take it out and still have some fun in the Hooligan races .

Or build up an unlikely street bike for a big Hooligan bike..thinking maybe Virago 700, Honda CB400/450 hawk, Kawasaki KZ400 or KZ750 Twin or just about anything... hmmmmmm
Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #54
Tbone
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,235
I'd imagine it'll be what you get a deal on.
Tbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #55
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
I'd imagine it'll be what you get a deal on.
True...I am bummed I missed out on this old elsinore for $800 ... would have been a fun vintage bike

Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #56
walstibsf
ADVENTURE-HOLIC

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
nice bikes...is that Harley a real XR ? I actually kind of miss the AMA's spec 883 class...I think you guys still got some flat track going on in AZ .. I think out in buckeye and maybe queen creek ?? this link may be work looking at

http://www.flattrack.com/index.php?o...96592&Itemid=0
XR?....I wish! Just a 883 built to Sporster Performance Series specs. Yeah, I know they were doing some short track stuff down at Speedworld in Suprise, but that was the last.

Thanks for the link!

what a long strange trip it's been......SO FAR......
walstibsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #57
Andyvh1959
Cheesehead Klompen

Oddometer: 601
Now that I finally have the CDI figured out on my GN400 ice bike I can have it set up for some amateur flat-tracking next summer!

I am running a CDI from a CH250 Honda Elite scooter, wired to the stock coil and using the P1 (red/green wire) trigger signal to the CDI. Starts easy on one kick and idles nice and steady on the VM36 Mikuni round slide carb and Supertrapp muffler, foam Unifilter intake. Latest update as of Oct 2013: with the stock Suzuki coil and CH250 CDI the bike sputters above 4500 rpm. I suspected the stock coil had too much resistance, does not match well with the Honda CH250 CDI. I replaced the stock coil with a coil from a CH250. Seems a better match and the bike revs better now.

Andyvh1959 screwed with this post 10-04-2013 at 01:19 PM
Andyvh1959 is offline   Reply With Quote