Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #136
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saso
WTF, Klaus sells and services a great product - why hurt his business while corporate struggles to expand in the US? He's awesome to work with - much more responsive and service oriented than a lot of the bigger players, IMO.
Why, because with the lack of communication and tension between the "distributor" and the manufacturer makes my confidence in long term service and the ability to get parts and repair in the US suspect.

Wilbers can stop supplying parts to Klaus and then what does one do?

I don't doubt Klaus is awesome, but the corporate struggles you alluded to create a lack of confidence in me that they will be here to service what I buy.

Plus I do not want to encourage the behavior exhibited by Wilbers in the way they treated Klaus who appears to have done an excellent job establishing a market in the US.

I'll take my money elsewhere. Gonna give Elkas a shot and see how they do.

No hard feelings.

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:09 AM   #137
kixtand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saso
WTF, Klaus sells and services a great product - why hurt his business while corporate struggles to expand in the US? He's awesome to work with - much more responsive and service oriented than a lot of the bigger players, IMO.
I don't think anyone is trying to hurt Klaus' business, in fact I think most are concerned for him and his business long term. Klaus is indeed excellent to work with, but the fear is he will eventually get fed up w/ getting screwed and bail (and who could blame him??) or that he will be totally cut out of the loop.

it makes everything better.
kixtand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:50 AM   #138
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
Klaus could also be playing victim here. Dirk's post of the last time said they were keeping Klaus as the service provider.

Klaus is either going to have to by at enough of a discount to be able to sell at same price as Dirk/Wilbers or will just have to add a professional fitting fee to his prices, which many would be happy to pay for a true professional set up.

Still much murky about the whole magilla!
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:54 PM   #139
Tweaker

Oddometer: 9,139
Whiners. Its not like these things can't be rebuilt by any other experienced suspension shop.
I know for a fact these guys do.
http://www.aftershocks-suspension.com/pages/home.htm
Tweaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:13 AM   #140
ilmostro
Under Da Sea

Oddometer: 29,248
Klaus is good people. There's a Wilburs on the back of Linzi's SV and a pair on the GS. I had ordered a set for the RT but traded the bike in for the GS just as the shocks were shipped. Without batting an eye, Klaus told me to ship them back and he would send me a set for the GS.

Sounds like the mothership is getting greedy and wants to cut out the little guy. It's a shame to see some thing like this happen.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #141
AndyCBR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Resurrection

Sorry to restart an old thread but....

It appears the "50" service stations in the USA from Wilber's have never appeared.

I've been trying to get a shock and been going back and forth with beemershop about the specs and spring rates.

To my knowledge there are only 3 dealers in the USA who can order a shock and get it from Germany in 3-4 weeks.

Years ago I ordered myself (coincidentally from Dirk) and it was simple and painless. Shock showed up on my doorstep a few weeks later.

I have a Wilber's shock on one of my bikes and the product is great. It's a shame the presence in the us market is so weak.

It's amazing a company so successful in Europe can get it so wrong in the USA...

Andy
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper
AndyCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #142
coletrain
All aboard!

Oddometer: 472
I got a wilbers shock and want to get it worked on. Who still does this in the USA?

'01 F650 GS
CG#2727
coletrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #143
MJS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,823
Ted Porter at the Beemer Shop. Also, Klaus at EPM Performance (original Wilbers importer) was still doing rebuilds a few years ago.

http://www.blackswanmoto.com
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #144
coletrain
All aboard!

Oddometer: 472
Great! Thanks!

'01 F650 GS
CG#2727
coletrain is offline   Reply With Quote