User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
1980Groundhog OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
North Carolina Looking to ride 10/27- 10/28

Finally have a weekend off looking to ride anywhere in NC or Western part of VA. Blue Ridge? Know a nice place to camp or grab a meal? I commute on my BMW F800ST daily year round but hardly get a chance to ride outside of that. Reply or PM if interested or if you know of a ride going on that I have not come across. Thought about heading to VIR but it doesn't look like there is much going on. Cheers!
1980Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
FishHunt
slow poking...

Oddometer: 1,336
Head up to Willville and camp. There are a lot of good back roads and the Blue Ridge Parkway close by to fill in two days worth of good riding with ease. Hwy 8, Va route 40 and Squirrel Spur road are just a couple of my favorites in the area. 10-28-12 will be Pancake Days at Meadows of Dan and there are several good places close by to to eat at if pancakes and sausage doesn't suit you.

<>< Fish

Be good and you will be lonesome - Mark Twain
Old 10-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
1980Groundhog OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Great idea!

Thanks for the ride info. Sounds like that might be my trip. Anyone want to join?
1980Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
4PawsHacienda
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
If you're going to hit that region of the BRP check out Cana/Arratt (sp?) Va roads, they are in a valley at bottom of mountains - super riding. Jeb Stuart birthplace is a VA park you can google map to find the right locale. Several very good routes up to and down from the BRP. Freaking good ride is Lambsburg Mtn Rd up to the BRP from the Mt. Airy area - best part runs from the interstate (exit 1) up to the BRP but whole valley is nothing but good riding with zero traffic. Could try Squirrel Spur down to the valley, wander around a while, head west to old why 52 then pick up Flower Pot (?) road just up from Mountain Man store and follow that to Lamsburg and BRP. Turn N on BRP and within 4 miles is a campground.

Mountain view motel at why 52 and BRP is clean and cheap, also a couple of places that rent small cabins or cheap hotel rooms 10 mile either die of hwy 52 and BRP. Highway 8 up is nice ride up to the parkway. I frequently go behind Hanging Rock then up to the BRP - not exactly a short cut but good roads. VA 40 is fun. North State winery in "downtown" Mt. Airy has some good food and good beer selection. Hungry Farmer restaurant on old 52 about 5 miles into VA is local hangout with country cooking.

4PawsHacienda screwed with this post 10-23-2012 at 02:26 PM
4PawsHacienda is offline   Reply With Quote