User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #16
withiam
Philogynist

Oddometer: 244
I placed an order on 11/08/2010 and it arrived today, 11/23/2010. So much for shipping in 3-5 business days.
Nothing special, just some maintenance items. Unacceptable. First and last time for these tools.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #17
chef_of_the_future
You talking to me?

Oddometer: 263
one bad (or good) experience does not a trend make. Just take a look at any customer review section of a big site like Amazon. You will normally see half the buyers happy and half pissed off for the same item.

No retailer is perfect but appears like they tried their best.

2007 1200GS
Old 10-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,412
I tried them once asking if what I order was in stock or not. Got yep but it's was back order. For what they are a on time parts dealer I guess they are ok but they aren't any faster then your local shop often. They have to order it in and then ship it out unless they company they are dealing with drop ships it .
Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #19
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 7,637
I've had good luck with BB, but havn't tried to achieve anything out of the ordinary . . . .large on line retailers design their systems around a standard order fulfillment process . . . .

I also treat the vendors I do business with like I would wish to be treated . . . . squeezing every last dime out of an order is, for me, a silly way to spend my time.

I'm not rich, but, if a vendor can't offer what I want at a price I wish to pay, I will simpoly go elsewhere. Life's too short to try to change someone else's mind.
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #20
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,498
I've used BB 3 times for OEM Triumph parts, never again. Each time was painful, no indication of stock status, nada, nothing, usually I call after a week to find out that it is backordered. They have some silly idea that they need to ship the parts to their facility instead of drop shipping to the customer. This typically adds a week! Quickest delivery time was 21 days!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #21
MaestroPNW
Me!

Oddometer: 82
BikeBandit holds the title of the worst customer service I had to deal with.
On my request to speak with a supervisor, a got back "The supervisor has better things to do than to deal with you". Literally. It is so far beyond conceivable, it boggles my mind. Never again.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #22
C/W
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
My what an entitled world we live in.

I've never had any issues with Bike Bandit, and have ordered many parts from them. They do not have the best prices, but have always been reliable for me.

I don't expect them to have OEM parts in stock, but it's nice they have a web applet that lets you pick out exactly what you want.

The reason orders go to their facility is that they do bulk ordering and have to separate individual orders when they come in.

My only advice is to shop a bit more locally. Bike Bandit is on the west coast, if I were on the east coast I'd shop from revzilla more often.

Online retailers use to only provide convenience & prices over local merchants. Now they provide better costumer service. It's too bad the OP ended up not happy but Bike Bandit provided a lot better service than many of my local bike shops - even the favored shops.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #23
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,321
I have found it almost impossible to speak to a human at bike bandit. Unless of course you want to talk to sales. Done with them.

Still Riff Raff
Old 06-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #24
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,627
I do some Internet shopping but Im lucky I have a Brick and mortar nearby that gets me stuff for a good price within a couple of days and the advice/knowledge he has to offer is worth anything extra it may cost.The dealers in town are ok for specific stuff I need,but the guyI go to is a salvage guy that does catalog sales also.
I see the world through KLR eyes
Old 06-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #25
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,225
I think the problem lays partially with you. You knew your tire wouldn't make it the whole trip, but wanted to squeeze another 700 miles out of it instead of putting a fresh one on before you left. But you waited until time was of the essence to order the tire to be shipped to a location where you were going to be for only a few days.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #26
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,478
I've only ordered from BB once. Order arrived promptly and correctly. A pair of gloves turned out not to be the right size so I filled out the online return form. Didn't hear anything back so I called them. Got to speak to a person in a few minutes who told me an RA# had been emailed to me. Told him I never received an email. He gave me an RA#, I shipped the gloves back and they credited my card.

Only one experience, but I'll do business with them again.

Sometimes things just get screwed up. Response matters a lot. I got a really crappy and inappropriate response from Competition Accesories in the '80's and it pissed me off so bad I still haven't ordered anything else from them. Too many other good mail order places.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #27
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 982
Am I missing something or did this thread start September 2009?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #28
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz62 View Post
Sometimes when there's nothing better to do, we find a dead horse to kick around.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #29
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
bb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz62 View Post
Hello,

Keep it going till Sept, 4 yrs.
Then this thread should be expired like that horse!

heirhead
worlds worst mechanic
Closed Thread