Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #16
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,250
Instead of buying that overpriced kit from Sudco that comes with the old-style slant-slide FCR, why not just grab an FCR-MX carb off any of the newer 450's? That's what I'm planning on doing.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #17
MuscleGarunt OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
I found a good deal on a TM40 Mikuni pumper for the XR650R they say. Things I have heard say the R carb bolts right up to the L then just the jetting and maybe cables. I measured and it looks like it's a go ahead. I had a Mikuni pumper on a XT500 and that bike had mega power.

Man talk about price scalping, Sudco is spendy.
MuscleGarunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
MuscleGarunt OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
TM40 fell through so I sourced a XR650R carb. It is a little but longer than the stock carb. It takes some pushing and wiggling to get it in the intake manifold. The bell for the air box is bigger and longer than stock but with some careful screwdriver prying gets it on all the way. Stock cables will work if you shorten the housing on both cables, not easy by the way. I went with the jetting recommended by the nice man earlier in this thread and it works great, thank you very much.

The skinny is, this does fit, but it's not the easiest. But with a little determination and swearing and busted knuckles it will work. Throttle response is way better and power is increased. Just give it some gas and it does a wheelie!
MuscleGarunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,250
Any interest in carb adapters for the newer-style FCR MX carbs? I used one of Noss' universal FCR adapters on my 650R with a 39mm FCR off a late-model CRF450 and it ripped, but the adapter dimensions weren't quite right. So we're going to have them make some custom adapters for the XR650R and the XR650L. I don't have a 650R anymore, but my buddy James wants one and I need to have some 650L adapters made for these bikes. Figured we might as well make them available. His regular universal adapters cost $65, so am guessing these will probably be a little bit more expensive, but can't imagine they'll end up costing any more than $80. It's pretty easy to find good deals on used FCR MX carbs ($300?) because there are so many of them out there (being used on virtually all of the modern 450cc motorcross bikes). So this can be a relatively low-cost upgrade, and the performance is flat-out awesome. Fitment is pretty straightforward. There are no clearance issues, so this is literally a bolt-in deal and you can even use the stock FCR throttle cables and twist-grip (stock CRF cables are perfect length with aftermarket tripleclamps and taller bars). Shoot me a PM if you want one!

jesusgatos screwed with this post 10-24-2012 at 03:47 PM
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #20
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,264
adapter

yep

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #21
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 955
Anyone put a lectron on a xrl ?
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote