Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
twistedthrottle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 756
The Official SW-MOTECH Thread (hosted by TwistedThrottle.com)

Yo Inmates!

Twisted Throttle has been participating in the ADV Rider madness since April of 2003 and thought it was about time that we make a home here for everything related to SW-MOTECH. We exclusively distribute SW-MOTECH (and Bags-Connection) in North America and have a unique relationship with them. We have a prototyping facility in our Rhode Island HQ where we design items that also bear the SW-MOTECH name. Some of these goods are designed based on what we learn here from you guys.

Do you have a question? Would you like to know why something is constructed in a particular fashion? Want to say how awesome we are? Post it here.

For those who don't know the range of products in the SW-MOTECH line here is a break-down by category:
For immediate assistance call our tech support line at 855-255-5550. Be prepared to shoot a picture and email it to us. You won't need twenty seven 8 x 10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was. Just something non-artistic that gets the point across.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,732
Cool.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,629
Glad to see an official vendors thread. I have ordered from TT a number of times, and have had good customer service with getting replacement parts as well.

One thing that I've always wondered about is the shipping policy. Many online vendors offer free shipping if an order amount is $100 or thereabouts. I have been wanting a set of Barkbusters but can't get them just anywhere. TT carries them, but they want an extra shipping fee. So, I've been sitting on the fence, waiting for a free shipping promotion. Are there any such promotions on the way?
Old 07-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
twistedthrottle OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Glad to see an official vendors thread. I have ordered from TT a number of times, and have had good customer service with getting replacement parts as well.

One thing that I've always wondered about is the shipping policy. Many online vendors offer free shipping if an order amount is $100 or thereabouts. I have been wanting a set of Barkbusters but can't get them just anywhere. TT carries them, but they want an extra shipping fee. So, I've been sitting on the fence, waiting for a free shipping promotion. Are there any such promotions on the way?
First - Thanks for being an ongoing customer of ours.. It is appreciated. At the moment the only shipping discount policies we have in place are:
  • Spend $500 get half off on shipping
  • Spend $1000 or more and get free shipping.

I realize this sounds like a lot of money but it is not hard to spend either of these levels when you start to get into luggage and carriers. If the policies should change I will post it here.

Kevin
Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
TekurRides
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Any discounts or offers on the Trax Alu Top Box? Planning to get one for Tiger 800 XC.
TekurRides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:48 AM   #6
twistedthrottle OP
Studly Adventurer

Free shipping update from TwistedThrottle.com

We've updated our free shipping policy!

Any order of $350 or more ships free within the USA.

That is all sirs!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:49 AM   #7
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 762
You guys got Jim Hamlin now-the best in the business. Looks like the ADV crew will know what us Triumph guys have know for long time-Jim knows. Well done.
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
twistedthrottle OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFleece View Post
You guys got Jim Hamlin now-the best in the business. Looks like the ADV crew will know what us Triumph guys have know for long time-Jim knows. Well done.
Yeah we're very excited to have him. We will have a full service department on-site shortly. Until now we have offered installation of our goods but Jim will take that to the next level. There are a lot of new things in the works for Twisted Throttle. Stay tuned for updates by following us on Facebook or joining our email list at the bottom of any page of our website: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/

Kevin
Old 11-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #9
dnorton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Trax Evo 45 or 37-liter on 650GS?

Curious of the Trax EVO ALU-Box, which is the better fit on a 2010 F650GS?

Also, I already have the top case with locks, can I get the side cases keyed the same as the top case? Assuming yes, what are the logistics?
dnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
twistedthrottle OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnorton View Post
Curious of the Trax EVO ALU-Box, which is the better fit on a 2010 F650GS?

Also, I already have the top case with locks, can I get the side cases keyed the same as the top case? Assuming yes, what are the logistics?
Easy to key them the same. Buy a 3 lock set and they slip right in. The kit looks like this:

Naturally, you will need SW-MOTECH sidecarriers to go with the cases:

If you want to look at the instructions to get a better idea on how the carriers go together here are the PDF Instructions.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedthrottle View Post
We will have a full service department on-site shortly.
CAn you expand a little on that? Service, meaning mechanical service, or just installation of farkles purchased from you? RI needs a good Triumph guy....
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
dnorton
Adventurer

follow up to trax-evo question

My question is which is the better fit on the F659GS - the 45 liter or 38/37 liter?

Also I have two locks on the top case, one for the lid, one that locks the case to the bike.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #13
twistedthrottle OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnorton View Post
My question is which is the better fit on the F659GS - the 45 liter or 38/37 liter?

Also I have two locks on the top case, one for the lid, one that locks the case to the bike.
Honestly, it comes down to need vs looks. As I remember it there are two pipes on that bike. Often times when a bike has one pipe the carrier on that side is not as close to the bike. So what a lot of people do is put a 37 on that side and a 45 on the other side. It give the bike a more symetrical look. You don't have that issue so it comes.down to needs and desired look. If you expect you will need a lot of volume go big. On my bike I have one of each and like the extra.width of the 45 for some larger things I may carry. Usually they are odd shaped items that don't fit into the 37. If.you were going on looks.alone I suggest a pair of 37's. What you should get from my ramblings is find the right balance of needs and looks that works for you.

As for the locks, you will need to buy a complete set for 3 cases and replace the two that are in your current top case to insure a matching set of locks.

Kev
Old 11-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
I ordered a "scratch dent" set for my KLR last week.....so looking forward to them coming in!!!!!

Would have ordered two sets but they don't fit with the IMS tank. Enjoyed chatting with several of you at the San Mateo IMS!

Sam
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #15
dnorton
Adventurer

Bags order placed :)