Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #16
mcperformance OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozi View Post
@chappy - In terms of after market high performance mufflers for the original BMW 650 Dakars and now the BMW G650GS Sertao - re-introduced 2012 (same bike engine wise) - I would say my main interest for my BMW G650GS Sertao would be to have dual x small x carbon or light weight SS mufflers to maintain the mounting points and the look of the dual high set - I dont like the idea of one bigger muffler changing the look of the bike radically. The end goal is to reduce weight, improve thru flow and improve performance - loose the CatC and make it slightly louder for traffic awareness when needed. I gues you will need to have a Y section fabricated to have two parallel - as the BMW runs the current mufflers in serials with a hidden joiner very far back. This has meant there is no decent options for aftermarket - and anybody who cracks this could clean up.
Hi Ozi,
Sorry for delay, have been looking to see what may be availasble for your bike.
Don't get me wrong, But as far as cleaning up if develope a twin set up for your bike.
Been there many times only to end up as selling only a few, sometimes after several $1,000s of dollars spent.
I can most likely do a twin set up for your bike.
I would require your muffler, So I can work out where all the fixtures need to go.
Chappy.

mcperformance screwed with this post 04-28-2013 at 03:35 PM
mcperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #17
Ozi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
That splitter on the SuperTen looks great ! - but to be honest those twin hose clamps are too agricultural for me. I think if you made a generic molded radius carbon heat shield with some diagonal slots that covered/hide those big hose clamps for all your mufflers - something stylish - you would increase the appeal - thats just me - maybe others could chime in.
Ozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #18
Ozi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
mocked up what i mean here in photoshop - to hide the hose clamps and some style

Ozi screwed with this post 10-27-2012 at 04:34 AM
Ozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:48 AM   #19
mcperformance OP
Gnarly Adventurer

S10

Hi Ozi,
Nearly all the major brands run these type of clamps (as they can used on any bike) I run a twin setup on the adventure bikes for superior strength over the others in the event of a spill.
In this case we could use only one, but I try and go on what the majority want.
A carbon side cover is fine & your design looks great, but at what expense (another $300 to the customer) as we need 2 for the twin setup.
Chappy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozi View Post
mocked up what i mean here in photoshop - to hide the hose clamps and some style

Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #20
slapper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Hey Chappy,

your mod'd OEM DR650 mufflers - do they finish up any louder than standard?
I'd like enough noise that I can hear it over wind noise - but I don't need any more than that :)
With just the snorkle out and a stock exhaust, I'm finding it difficult to hold road speed and I suspect it's because I can't hear the engine rev's - so a little bit of noise would be good, but I'd still like it to be "quiet"

cheers,
Slapper
slapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #21
mcperformance OP
Gnarly Adventurer

DR 650 muffler mod

Hi Slapper,
It is only slightly louder than stock.
I was looking at also making the outlet bigger (for a bit more noise & hopefully performance) but this will take time & more Dyno runs to see how it is running (Tune).
The current mod I do works very well (Is noticable difference over stock in performance, & Torque up to 10%) & have done Dyno's so we know it is running well. (Proven Product)
In fact it was independly tested by Cycle Torque Magazine in Sydney, & the tester was so impressed he wanted one for himself.
This mod was specifically designed for those who want to keep the bike quiet.
Hope this answers your question.
Chappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapper View Post
Hey Chappy,

your mod'd OEM DR650 mufflers - do they finish up any louder than standard?
I'd like enough noise that I can hear it over wind noise - but I don't need any more than that :)
With just the snorkle out and a stock exhaust, I'm finding it difficult to hold road speed and I suspect it's because I can't hear the engine rev's - so a little bit of noise would be good, but I'd still like it to be "quiet"

cheers,
Slapper

mcperformance screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 04:20 AM
Old 01-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #22
slapper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
thanks for the reply Chappy :)
can you please give me a price for the mod'd standard delivered to metro Adelaide?

cheers,
Slapper
slapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #23
terb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
NICE!!.......
terb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #24
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,097
Hey there need Some work done onmy rally project see links below

just need first 6" of header and a link pipe to muffler I have mid pipe ready to go

Cheers mudders
Old 04-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #25
mcperformance OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Mudguts,
It was good talking to you on the phone the other week.
Sorry I couldn't help you at the time (Had too much on) but glad to hear you had it under control when I spoke to you last.
Hope to catch up with you at Delegate.
Now I just got to decide on the Dr or Tenere to take.
Chappy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
Hey there need Some work done onmy rally project see links below

just need first 6" of header and a link pipe to muffler I have mid pipe ready to go

Cheers mudders
Old 05-31-2013, 05:43 AM   #26
fifthgear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
New MC Performance Muffler on DR 650

HI Mark

Really happy with the new muffler ,weights lighter, sounds and looks better than stock and the bike performs better I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks Terry
fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #27
kerrystewart
stewy

Oddometer: 25
Twin Mufflers for XTZ 1200 from mcperformance

Here is a report on a set of twin exhausts I purchased from Mark Chaplain for my Super Tenere,
First I have to say I thought the Super Tenere was a little disappointing of the show room floor,
but when you consider the restrictions that have been applied to all vehicles in this country now in the name of clean air, I'm not surprised.
So the first thing to do to make this bike perform the way it should is to change the exhaust, along with the air filter.
Not wanting to spend the outrageous amount of money on the usual names available
I turn to a home grown brand, which was a bit disappointing it leaked at the link pipe joint, it burned the pillion with hot air because it was to short and it resonated when you put the panniers on the bike.
Looking for another solution I turned to Mark. (For those who don’t know is the Australian importer for Motorcycle Exhaust)www.mcperformance.com.au
Mark was toying with the idea of twin exhausts, giventhe fact the XT1200 is a twin cylinder this sounded like a good idea.
I believe he also does a great single option.
Well the results are amazing, the engine now performs the way it should the mid range has improved
the joint at the header pipe doesn't leak because the fitting is so precise you don't need clamps to hold it together
and there is no heat build up to cook the pillion.
Add to this set up a K & N air filter and just recently I have done the ECU unleashed mod to the computer
this bike now feels the way it was supposed to. Unfortunately I don't have access to a dyno to get a the figures on
power increases, so I can only go on what the bike feels like to ride, also I might add the economy has improved
I'm getting an extra 30 km's to the tank on a trip.
I have also had my SW Motech pannier racks altered to fit over the right hand side exhaust, there is no resonating
coming from the mufflers when the panniers are fitted. And as an added bonus the sound is incredible.

kerrystewart screwed with this post 06-20-2013 at 05:13 PM
kerrystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #28
mcperformance OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb Twin Mufflers

Hi Kerry,
Thanks for the feed back.
Glad we could prove that our products are every bit as Good & in some cases a better product than some of the big names on the market (For a fraction of the cost)
Enjoy your twin mufflers.
Chappy.
in
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrystewart View Post
Here is a report on a set of twin exhausts I purchased from Mark Chaplain for my Super Tenere,
First I have to say I thought the Super Tenere was a little disappointing of the show room floor,
but when you consider the restrictions that have been applied to all vehicles in this country now in the name of clean air, I'm not surprised.
So the first thing to do to make this bike perform the way it should is to change the exhaust, along with the air filter.
Not wanting to spend the outrageous amount of money on the usual names available
I turn to a home grown brand, which was a bit disappointing it leaked at the link pipe joint, it burned the pillion with hot air because it was to short and it resonated when you put the panniers on the bike.
Looking for another solution I turned to Mark. (For those who don’t know is the Australian importer for Motorcycle Exhaust)www.mcperformance.com.au
Mark was toying with the idea of twin exhausts, giventhe fact the XT1200 is a twin cylinder this sounded like a good idea.
I believe he also does a great single option.
Well the results are amazing, the engine now performs the way it should the mid range has improved
the joint at the header pipe doesn't leak because the fitting is so precise you don't need clamps to hold it together
and there is no heat build up to cook the pillion.
Add to this set up a K & N air filter and just recently I have done the ECU unleashed mod to the computer
this bike now feels the way it was supposed to. Unfortunately I don't have access to a dyno to get a the figures on
power increases, so I can only go on what the bike feels like to ride, also I might add the economy has improved
I'm getting an extra 30 km's to the tank on a trip.
I have also had my SW Motech pannier racks altered to fit over the right hand side exhaust, there is no resonating
coming from the mufflers when the panniers are fitted. And as an added bonus the sound is incredible.
Photos coming soon.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
Edge
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
tenere

Hi I need to know if you do a system for the 660 tenere need to get rid of that ugly heavy thing under the back.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #30
mcperformance OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Edge,
Nothing as yet for your model 660 only the twin muffler model.
Require muffler for template
Regards,
Mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Hi I need to know if you do a system for the 660 tenere need to get rid of that ugly heavy thing under the back.

mcperformance screwed with this post 04-10-2014 at 04:01 AM