ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #11251
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi;[URL="tel:19891532"
19891532[/URL]].....Ramada Inn is all booked up (LAB2V HQ-Barstow)..reserved a room with 2 beds at the Travel lodge in Barstow on the same street. Reserved a room at the Orleans with 2 beds (LAB2V finish).......still working on transportation......1st night $62, 2nd $91...we can split it 3 ways for 50 each, or if transpo falls thru, I'll go by myself & enact my back up plan......ride there, ride the ride, ride home

JP
Okay, I just signed up for the event and reserved another 2 bed penthouse at the Travelodge in Barstow. I did not reserve at the Orleans cuz i may staying somewhere else. Transop ??, confident we all can figure something out. The reason I rented in Barstow is my Bro is also riding with us. I am sure we can squeeze more in if need be so come on GUY'S lets ride !!!!!!!!!.
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #11252
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredrocket23 View Post
Okay, I just signed up for the event and reserved another 2 bed penthouse at the Travelodge in Barstow. I did not reserve at the Orleans cuz i may staying somewhere else. Transop ??, confident we all can figure something out. The reason I rented in Barstow is my Bro is also riding with us. I am sure we can squeeze more in if need be so come on GUY'S lets ride !!!!!!!!!.

I love it when a plan comes together!....I also love a good smash & grab......
Old 10-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #11253
sam2937
Banned

Oddometer: 3

AngryScot screwed with this post 10-25-2012 at 01:59 PM Reason: spammer go bye bye
sam2937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #11254
Oznerol
The Happy Machine

Oddometer: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2937 View Post
Thanks for the information!
Folks, sam2937 appears to be a spammer or somesuch -- his posts include HTML that's causing my browser to auto-download a program from a sketchy site. Suggest you don't run that program, and that you put him on ignore.
Oznerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #11255
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
Folks, sam2937 appears to be a spammer or somesuch -- his posts include HTML that's causing my browser to auto-download a program from a sketchy site. Suggest you don't run that program, and that you put him on ignore.
Got the same something from 'GinoPlayer_Setup.exe'
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #11256
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,509
what a knob. reported so hopefully admins can remove him.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #11257
lsellers
a DSRIDER

You the bomb Scott (feels a little like tooting my own horn since it's also my middle name.)
Old 10-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #11258
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

Oddometer: 448

Old 10-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #11259
optopilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Yo! optopilot here and still alive!

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

I've been lurking all this time. I've missed you guys. I see new names have been added to the ragtag bunch. Between work(65 to 70 hrs/week) and family(I'm a grandpa x 4now), I've been out of the loop.

I still ride occasionally; 80% street and 20% dirt. Mostly short runs as time is a precious commodity. I'm still on the DRZ but have added a plated 97 DR350SE to my stable for single track and for my son to ride when he comes out from Philly.

I ran into stevele last week and he looks great! As he said, he will be back in the game in a couple of years.

I'm thinking of running up to Shuteye and Granite Creek tomorrow for one last look this season. Anyone interested? I'm pretty flexible on the time tomorrow.
optopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #11260
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,763
Like to but cant. Keep seeing mr lee randomly myself - last passing me on the freeway goofing off trying to get me to wheelie :p

Glad to hear yer still riding, but I'm in the official lurker mode myself. Ride about once every three months with the adv crew. I succumbed to the urge to be a DR650 owner, bout mudpigs 06- ride it every day to work, loving it.

Good to hear from ya.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #11261
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
Optopilot, good to hear from ya. I am now riding Japanese as well: DRZ400s. It's an '04 49-state model with under 1k miles, so have to get AZ plates (soon). Then we need to get together and ride. Something mellow. Healing up compression fractures T12 and L1, plus I'll be 50 next year so time to slow it down if you can handle riding with old-slow-guy. Take care.
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #11262
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Dave how are you doing? Good to see you poking your head up!

Another Steve sighting! Sorry I was playing clean house Sunday Steve. Good to hear family is doing well and that you continue to ride!

I followed a courageous new jeep owner and her husband driving up to Buck Rock this Saturday. I have to wash the Jeep tonight not because of the snow and mud but someone thought it was funny to egg it last night.

Tom something tells me I'll still have a very hard time keeping up with you no matter what your age.

Some pics etc~

If the sound came through, that's not the sound Chip and K's Wrangler makes when it goes up hill. That's Soji in with me rooting them on...

lsellers screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 02:21 PM
Old 10-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #11263
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,763
Goofing off at Pismo I eat sand good once .. and a few more times for good measure:

montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #11264
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1200 View Post
Optopilot, good to hear from ya. I am now riding Japanese as well: DRZ400s. It's an '04 49-state model with under 1k miles, so have to get AZ plates (soon). Then we need to get together and ride. Something mellow. Healing up compression fractures T12 and L1, plus I'll be 50 next year so time to slow it down if you can handle riding with old-slow-guy. Take care.
Same here, Optopilot. Been a long time. Now your back, I gotta get down there and see you guys. Great times. And Tom, what the hell happened? Heal up fast man you're still a youngster (at least compared to me)-we got some ridin' to do! Here's one from awhile back:

Holy Crap! That's 2008 (April to be exact)-the Mojave ride. Damn that was fun.

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum

(Are you understanding now!?)
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #11265
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Wink lets ride!

Anyone riding this weekend?

I'm actually off all weekend and need to get out and ride before the snow gets too low.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote