User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
batman75 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
On Off -touring boots

Hello.What do you think about this boots?http://www.polo-motorrad.de/en/endur...enstiefel.html
I bought them,i havent received yet,and im wondering if theese,are waterproof really,or not.I don know the polo tex membrane,i had only goretex.
batman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
aftCG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Well it has "Protective reinforcement in manz areas" so I think you're covered

With motorcycling I'm finding the word "waterproof" means that the product will survive being wet. Like a Speedo.

Only the best manufacturers understand that when you stitch together panels of waterproof fabric that it will leak like a bitch at all the seams, and that you MUST seam seal the product to make it actually waterproof.

At least your manz will be dry
aftCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
cug

Oddometer: 4,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman75 View Post
Hello.What do you think about this boots?http://www.polo-motorrad.de/en/endur...enstiefel.html
I bought them,i havent received yet,and im wondering if theese,are waterproof really,or not.I don know the polo tex membrane,i had only goretex.
Generally the Polo Pharao stuff is pretty good. Waterproofness is not a question of the membrane, it is generally a question of how well all the seams are sealed and how well stitching and glue holds up.

In the 90s I had some good experience with Pharao stuff. Don't know how good their current stuff is, I wasn't riding for 10 years and then I started with BMW gear and some assorted other manufacturers. Nearly no Polo stuff though as I'm in the US now. But when I was back in Germany in June, I found their stuff pretty good and bought some and brought it here.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote