ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #31
David37
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
mcmann: pm sent
David37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:19 AM   #32
robdogg
turnip truck driver

Oddometer: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afry View Post
X2 - I think this may be the answer - maybe add a stabilizer and you have an SE that will do 500 mile hwy days and when you get there you can ride the tough trails. This is the bike that Ktm should selling now. This sweet Swedish fairing is certainly well built, weighs very little (6.5lbs) and is frame mounted.

www.raiddesigns.com
that does look sweet, but dayyyuummm, sumthin like $1300 after shipping..

thinking a bar mounted shield from Puig or JC Whitney for $50 would work just as well and you can remove it in a few minutes when u get to the trail.

robdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #33
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,529
McMann, you already have the perfect bike. Ride it, then ride it some more. Keep good tires on it and keep it fresh and ride it some more. Get some new gear if you just want to blow some money. I recommend KLIM myself. Waterproof, negates the need for wind protection. Who needs wind protection anyway?

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #34
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDale View Post
Ok gentlemen, I've been lurking for a few years and have decided to make a post. I have been researching the 950/990 Adventure and thought that might be the next bike for me. I currently ride a street legal YZ450F. I came across a nice looking 2008 950SE and am thinking that might be a better choice than the Adventure.

Can someone tell me what the differences are from the Super Enduro to the Adventure? I have done some reading on the subject on this forum and know the basics. I haven't ridden either of them and don't know why I should consider one over the other. The Super Enduro I've found comes with a custom mounted Cee Bailey windscreen on it so would the wind protection be similiar? I like the idea of a lighter more dirt capable bike. I have been riding dirt and racing Motocross for 35 years.

Thanks
AirDale, you want the 950SE. See, like me, you are a dirt guy, which means we are too stupid to know about things like wind protection and all day comfort ,etc. Get yourself a 950SE, ride the piss out of it and if you don't like it, sell, it. They usually sell within a week. The ADVs are a dime a dozen, not so with the SEs.

I think there is a progression going from dirt to street. I wore my MX helmet on the street for the first four years. I am a slow learner I guess.

All you really need is an SE and an ARAI XD helmet, then you're good to go.

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote