User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #31
PneuKid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Howdy Gentlemen,

I arrived back home a week and a half ago, and the trip was fantastic. I am working on an RR, but life (work) has been hectic since getting back. I'll keep you posted. And you definitely won't regret this trip!
PneuKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #32
Millhaus
Millhaus

Oddometer: 64
There are no words. KTM outdid themselves on a great show in Sibiu. The pros have their work cut out for them and the expert class...that's not easy either. If anyone is thinking of doing this tour, I highly recommend it, and Feli is the best tour guide. If you can ride it, he will take you there.
2006 KTM 525 EXC Sold
1972 BMW R75/5 - In progress
Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #33
DirtBaller OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Milhaus speaks the truth (say Hello to the Infamous Byron for me!). The KTM 308R tour is a well-organized epic adventure. Worth every penny. Great bikes, great guides (Dizzy, Rodish, Victor, etc), great old town, cheap food and beer, nice hotel in the center of town. The mountains are really scenic, terrain varied, hardly a fence to be found, and close enough to ride your bike to - 15 mins from the hotel parking lot in the center of town. Add the excitement of the Romaniacs race all around you for a week (where else can you snap a picture of Graham Jarvis dancing in a nightclub with his shirt off) and the 30+ interesting characters from Russia to Australia on the tour. I think its going to hard to beat. But I did hear a rumor about the Ukraine for next year(?).

Its not as easy tour, so make sure you are in top shape, and practice riding up and down steep hills.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #34
Xylx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Romaniacs 2013

The official red bull site announced the date for the 2013. Starts July 7th. A little later than previous years I think. No mention of anything Ukraine. The videos on the official site from the 2012 race are very good. There's one scene with what is basically a waterfall and they are riding up it without crashing. Well, a few people. One guy is just lying in the water looking very defeated. The romanian Leu is way down against the dollar this year.
Xylx is offline   Reply With Quote