ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #7771
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: So.Central PA
Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
FYI: There is some forestry roads in GW closer to us for day tripping. Along Rt 33/ Rawley Pike just west of Harrisonburg. Dry Run, Skidmore Fork, Road 85/ 85A.
Ahh, Route 33...

Just beware the state troopers up that way, especially Monterey. They specifically target bikes and will tell you they do...ask me how I know.
__________________
'12 R1200GS Adventure
'06 Ducati 999S
'11 Harley Street Glide - gone and mostly forgotten
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #7772
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Arne View Post
Hi. I'm a new member and this is my first post.


At Norefjell i Norway:



I hope you like them!
Welcome to the forum, Odd Arne.

Looks like a beautiful part of the world that you live in.
__________________
"Nev was right ." - Phil_Fong

"Troy was wrong!" - DRjoe
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #7773
BTL
WINTER!! UGH!
 
BTL's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: St Albert. Alberta Canada. IBA Member 50093
Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Arne View Post
Hi. I'm a new member and this is my first post.

I'm starting by showing a few pictures of my 2011 GSA.

I am a norwegian, living in Sweden close to the border, so these pictures are from both Sweden and Norway, all taken last september:

A little lake on the Swedish side near the border:


At Norefjell i Norway:


Moss, Norway with the Oslofjord:


In Glaskogen (The Gla forest.):


I hope you like them!
Very Nice..looks similar to parts of Canada.
BTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #7774
SpeedySapper
Adventurer
 
SpeedySapper's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Oddometer: 21
New bike!

This is my new Adventure with a photo from first ride here in New Zealand's North IslandDSC01014

SpeedySapper screwed with this post 10-27-2012 at 08:22 PM Reason: Photo upload
SpeedySapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #7775
jayfredweb
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Vegas Baby!!
Oddometer: 8


I take delivery tomorrow! This is one of the 100 some shots the dealer took of the bike. I need to sell my Buell now so that I can pay for new Panniers.
jayfredweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #7776
BigDave75
Will Work for Food!
 
BigDave75's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: God's Country
Oddometer: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySapper View Post
This is my new Adventure with a photo from first ride here in New Zealand's North Island

Very Nice!!!!
__________________
Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!
BigDave75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #7777
cozmo2312
Canyon Carver
 
cozmo2312's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: SLC, Utah
Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfredweb View Post


I take delivery tomorrow! This is one of the 100 some shots the dealer took of the bike. I need to sell my Buell now so that I can pay for new Panniers.
You getting that from salt lake city?
__________________
2014 BMW R1200GSW

My Prints for sale
cozmo2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #7778
jayfredweb
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Vegas Baby!!
Oddometer: 8
At cozmo2312: Nope. The Las Vegas dealer. They have two more in stock. Not as farkled out as this one though.
jayfredweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #7779
cozmo2312
Canyon Carver
 
cozmo2312's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: SLC, Utah
Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfredweb View Post
At cozmo2312: Nope. The Las Vegas dealer. They have two more in stock. Not as farkled out as this one though.
gotcha. the dealer where i got mine has one with the red crash bars sitting out front. just wondered if you got that one.

enjoy it.
__________________
2014 BMW R1200GSW

My Prints for sale
cozmo2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #7780
aGremlin
Studly Adventurer
 
aGremlin's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand!
Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySapper View Post
This is my new Adventure with a photo from first ride here in New Zealand's North Island
I'll keep my eye out for a red one... mine's green, you can't miss all the lights on it... was in KiwiRider a few months ago as well...
__________________
Warning: My post quality varies according to my mood. If I sound sane give it a few minutes and I'll be back to normal
aGremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #7781
Big Al_SA
Adventurer
 
Big Al_SA's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 61
My 1200 GSA.

This is my Daily ride, it's a 2007 GS Adventure, with a few cosmetic mods.
I use this daily for my commute to work and back, and it very seldom goes off-road. Decided to give it my spin on a triple black, as I doubt I'd ever spend that kind of ash on a new Bike, so I did the following.
Powder Coated the Pannier Bars, and front crash bars Silk Black. Never understood why BMW would have a black chassis, and then fit Aluminium coloured Pannier bars from the factory, it's SO obvious they were an afterthought. This way, all chassis bars are black.. Looks a lot more cohesive.
I also resprayed the Bose and the Tank Cover Gloss Black, and fitted Red Lettering.
Then Powder Coated the GS Panel below that Silk, so it's a slightly different tone, thus adding to the "triple" in black.
To set it all off, I put on some Reflective Rim Tape, both to match the Red Lettering, as well as to assist in night riding, as it's a safety thing for me, and being visible.

I too had issues with the Fuel pump and getting the right hand lobe to push fuel across to the left hand lobe where the pump is, so I fitted an electric submersible pump in the right hand lobe where the sucking Jet pump is.. Now I get 37.5 Liter's out the tank, good for 650 Km's.

That's about it really.. I think it looks quote good for a 5 year old bike, and he's ready for another 5 years..



And here, pictured before I did the front bars etc, and posing with my recently completed "CR".



Cheers

Alan
Big Al_SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #7782
BigDave75
Will Work for Food!
 
BigDave75's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: God's Country
Oddometer: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al_SA View Post
This is my Daily ride, it's a 2007 GS Adventure, with a few cosmetic mods.
I use this daily for my commute to work and back, and it very seldom goes off-road. Decided to give it my spin on a triple black, as I doubt I'd ever spend that kind of ash on a new Bike, so I did the following.
Powder Coated the Pannier Bars, and front crash bars Silk Black. Never understood why BMW would have a black chassis, and then fit Aluminium coloured Pannier bars from the factory, it's SO obvious they were an afterthought. This way, all chassis bars are black.. Looks a lot more cohesive.
I also resprayed the Bose and the Tank Cover Gloss Black, and fitted Red Lettering.
Then Powder Coated the GS Panel below that Silk, so it's a slightly different tone, thus adding to the "triple" in black.
To set it all off, I put on some Reflective Rim Tape, both to match the Red Lettering, as well as to assist in night riding, as it's a safety thing for me, and being visible.

I too had issues with the Fuel pump and getting the right hand lobe to push fuel across to the left hand lobe where the pump is, so I fitted an electric submersible pump in the right hand lobe where the sucking Jet pump is.. Now I get 37.5 Liter's out the tank, good for 650 Km's.

That's about it really.. I think it looks quote good for a 5 year old bike, and he's ready for another 5 years..



And here, pictured before I did the front bars etc, and posing with my recently completed "CR".



Cheers

Alan

Beautiful job on the Cafe racer, very nice!
__________________
Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!
BigDave75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #7783
Big Al_SA
Adventurer
 
Big Al_SA's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 61
Thanks,
here's the thread on that rebuild.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721424

Alan
Big Al_SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #7784
Farmer Palmer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Farmer Palmer's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Oddometer: 254
Snap..........Nice!...........I've got one just like that.............!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky burns View Post


I love mine :-)
__________________
13 G650GS Sertao, 11 G650GS/FL, 10 R1200GSA30 Desierto 3
Farmer Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #7785
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv
 
Loutre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Reaver's Heart :o)
Oddometer: 3,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky burns View Post


I love mine :-)
you have like 4 foglights? How are they working otu for you?
__________________
Keep the smile on your face!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post


Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014