Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #31
casperghst42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresda View Post
There are two covers available, one grippy, one less grippy. I have the grippy one on my DR and the regular one on my GS.

If you have the cover with the 'hole' embossing then you have the less grippy version.
The grippy one is the "carbon" one, and I seriously do not like the "carbon" look. I'd rather have the same gippy cover as they have for the 990adv - which also have carbon ... argh !!! .

Casper
casperghst42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #32
Meritlane
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
I've had my tall seat concepts for about a month. Over this weekend I put 900 miles on in three days. Lots of twisties and Slab uo to Big Sur and through the adjacent mountains. The seat performed great. I wasn't even aware of it until the last two hours and even then I just forced myself to move around little more. Great product and a reasonable price.
Meritlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #33
Meritlane
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meritlane View Post
I've had my tall seat concepts for about a month. Over this weekend I put 900 miles on in three days. Lots of twisties and Slab up to Big Sur and through the adjacent mountains. The seat performed great. I wasn't even aware of it until the last two hours and even then I just forced myself to move around little more. Great product and a reasonable price.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #34
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
I've had mine for ~2K miles. It's interesting, the SC foam feels better to me than the stock foam. However, the shape of the stock seat fits me much better than the (wider) SC seat. YMMV.

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #35
Hayate
ADV Monkey

Oddometer: 59
Tall version

Does anyone have a side photo of the Tall version they list on their website (their pics are terrible). I like to move forward and back to stretch and ride wherever I find comfortable for 10-20 minutes before returning to the normal position. So I don't like the dip or touring type seats and I see this standard one from SC has what appears to be that with the ledge for the pillion. Maybe the Tall is more of the plank which I'd like?

I don't hate the stock seat as much as some seem to, but after 6-8 hour saddle days I'll admit to being in some pretty serious pain that I usually just power through or ride on one cheek for an hour or stand half the time or whatever. The biggest reason I'm shopping is for the special lady friend on the back... need to push her past 90 minutes at a stretch :)
Minnesota Parallel "Twin" Cities GS Riders
Daniel Betlock Adventure Rider
Hayate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #36
Meritlane
Adventurer

Sliding fore and aft

I don't have a picture handy but I have the tall version and can slide my butt all the way to the tank and back as far and my arms reach. There is no ridge and only a very small forward pitch that I barely notice.