Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #2821
SpeedyK
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 267
I'm thinking of putting a set of your lights on my fairing, want to use them as DRL as well as night enhancement. Does it make sense to put a 30 spot on the outside and a flood on the traffic side? Or could I do two 30's? I want visibility in day and distance at night. Someone probably asked this 100 pages ago, sorry if I don't feel like digging, working on wiring now so I'll be ready for whatever I buy.

Plan is for them to come on with HB, and also have an override switch for DRL use, I'm assembling the relay setup now to test with cheapo WM lights. In my particular case it's easier to integrate it to the headlight relay upgrade I just did.

Thanks for suggestions on which ones.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #2822
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyK View Post
I'm thinking of putting a set of your lights on my fairing, want to use them as DRL as well as night enhancement. Does it make sense to put a 30 spot on the outside and a flood on the traffic side? Or could I do two 30's? I want visibility in day and distance at night. Someone probably asked this 100 pages ago, sorry if I don't feel like digging, working on wiring now so I'll be ready for whatever I buy.

Plan is for them to come on with HB, and also have an override switch for DRL use, I'm assembling the relay setup now to test with cheapo WM lights. In my particular case it's easier to integrate it to the headlight relay upgrade I just did.

Thanks for suggestions on which ones.
Model 30s will work fine for you. You should consider one of our LED controllers. Let's you set a dimmed setting for being seen (you will need to dim them at night in traffic) and gives you full power with a flick of your high beam switch. We also offer a free PnP harness when you buy a set of lights with a controller.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #2823
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 2,021
John,

I would like to kindly ask if the internals of the lights will be ok in the long run or if it would be better to open the light and put some silicone over the cicuit. Is there any possibility that the cicuit is damaged due to vibrations when you are racing the bike over very hard terrain ?

640 Armageddon screwed with this post 10-24-2012 at 02:38 AM
640 Armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #2824
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
John,

I would like to kindly ask if the internals of the lights will be ok in the long run or if it would be better to open the light and put some silicone over the cicuit. Is there any possibility that the cicuit is damaged due to vibrations when you are racing the bike over very hard terrain ?
I would not hesitate to run the lights over any terrain. All interior components are secured. Many customers are running the drop in lights as their primary light, failure is not an option.

I've run the SE a couple of thousand miles in the last month thru everything from single track to the slab, without issue (except the fuel milage sucks).

Old 10-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #2825
MAXVERT
Rough Rider

Oddometer: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
I would not hesitate to run the lights over any terrain. All interior components are secured. Many customers are running the drop in lights as their primary light, failure is not an option.

I've run the SE a couple of thousand miles in the last month thru everything from single track to the slab, without issue (except the fuel milage sucks).

Where did you get the fairing with the dual lights.
It would be perfect on my 690, with your lights of course.

Max
Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #2826
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXVERT View Post
Where did you get the fairing with the dual lights.
It would be perfect on my 690, with your lights of course.

Max
Here ya go. Not on the website yet, give em a call or email for details. Available in black or white.

John
sandjoh@gmail.com
Old 10-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #2827
SpeedyK
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Model 30s will work fine for you. You should consider one of our LED controllers. Let's you set a dimmed setting for being seen (you will need to dim them at night in traffic) and gives you full power with a flick of your high beam switch. We also offer a free PnP harness when you buy a set of lights with a controller.
Thank you.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #2828
farrington300
No wait....What?

Oddometer: 524
Just ordered the husky drop in headlight, a couple of 60s, and some hd brackets for another bike. Lookin forward to some night rides this winter.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #2829
michigan400
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Model 44 and Model 30 night shots

OK, so I scrapped the Trail Tech X2 and LED idea. Could not aim the lights well and I figured air flow would be a big problem in the summer the way the backs are enclosed. I put the stock H4 headlight back on so I have a regular, traffic friendly low beam. I then mounted the Model 30 on the left hand guard and a Model 44 on the right, both with small pcs. of aluminum angle.

1st set of pics came out looking brighter than what you actually see but not by much. The 2nd set shows very accurate color and brightness but the focus is all blurry but you get a good idea between the 2 sets. Either set will show these lights make a tremendous difference in your ability to see at night. Just the 2 LED's (1 30 and 1 44) are enough to ride with at night on the street and be comfy going 50-55mph. Great lights at an even better price!! Thanks, ADVmonster! Oh ya,, these guys will have whatever you order on your doorstep by the time you close the your browser from ordering. Super fast delivery.

H4 low beam shown. 1st pic is to bright, 2nd is correct but blurry.

H4 high beam. Same deal, 1st is showing bright 2nd is correct color and brightness but blurry.

1 Model 44 only. Same deal as above pics

1 Model 44 and 1 Model 30. Same thing.

H4 high beam, 1 Model 44 and 1 Model 30. Same thing.

michigan400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #2830
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,188
getting darker quicker

Went riding after I got off work, and found myself coming back to the 4Runner after the sun had gone down. I quickly realized that I needed more light than the TrailTech X2 lights were giving me.

I just placed an order for one Model 60 Off-Road Flood Light, and one Model 30 Off-Road Spot light. I figure with one light on each side of the KTM 500's Fork, this should give me plenty of light for the short range and the long range. These of course will be in addition to the TrailTech X2 lights that are always on.

Using the HDB Top Clamp mount, I have room for 4 push-button switches, that can control each light separately. In addition to this setup, I have a relay that is already in play that will be used to control the lights, so nothing gets burned out or shorted out.

When these come in, I add my schematic to the existing 2012 KTM 500 EXC wiring schematic and post up for others to use....

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #2831
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
Went riding after I got off work, and found myself coming back to the 4Runner after the sun had gone down. I quickly realized that I needed more light than the TrailTech X2 lights were giving me.

I just placed an order for one Model 60 Off-Road Flood Light, and one Model 30 Off-Road Spot light. I figure with one light on each side of the KTM 500's Fork, this should give me plenty of light for the short range and the long range. These of course will be in addition to the TrailTech X2 lights that are always on.

Using the HDB Top Clamp mount, I have room for 4 push-button switches, that can control each light separately. In addition to this setup, I have a relay that is already in play that will be used to control the lights, so nothing gets burned out or shorted out.

When these come in, I add my schematic to the existing 2012 KTM 500 EXC wiring schematic and post up for others to use....
Thanks for your business.

You could easily ditch the X2 for our dualsport fairing. A pair of model 60s is all the light you will need. I've had a couple of customers switch from the X2 and are extremely pleased.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #2832
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Recent quote from an ADVmonster Customer

"Told you I'd do business again - Friend needs eyes of god."
Old 10-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #2833
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,012
WR250R Install

Got my lights installed yesterday. Here's some pictures of how my install went on my WR250R.

Installed the dimmer on my HDB Top Plate. Was gonna wire in a fancy button switch, but since that has an "off" detent, figured might as well just use the Rotary Dial to control everything.

I attached it with Velco in case I need to move it later.

Used the reflector mounts to mount the lights. Clears the shrouds just fine here. Hopefully they aren't too vulnerable at this location.

Low - Just barely "On". Plan on using this setting during the day to help visability. Note can turn lights off, by just turning the dial to "Off".

High - Tied into High Beams, so Clicking my High Beam Switch turns these on full 100% (Aka High Beam Bypass). Can also just turn the dial up 100%to have them on 100% regardless of dimmer switch setting. Note - The headlight is "Off" right now because the bike is not running. On WR's the light only comes on once you start the bike. Aux lights work on separate power - the High Beam Bypass does not work unless the bike is running, but the Dial still does to adjust the brightness.

So far, so good. Next step, test these suckers off road during the wet winter.

-= Scott

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #2834
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Used the reflector mounts to mount the lights. Clears the shrouds just fine here. Hopefully they aren't too vulnerable at this location.
You might be able to flip the signal brackets over and/or swap sides to bring them up inside the tank ears for more protection!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #2835
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low594 View Post
You might be able to flip the signal brackets over and/or swap sides to bring them up inside the tank ears for more protection!
Tried that, and also tried flipping the mounts on the lights etc. all hit the radiator etc. Other alternative was to mount them higher off the top triple tree, but that had its own set of challenges.

It's not BAD where they are now, just not sure what to expect if when/go down. There are actually cut-outs in the tank shroud that makes a nice pocket for these when I turn. Also that reflector bracket may be a good sheer point in a crash vs. breaking the lights - it's pretty thin.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is online now   Reply With Quote