ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #8131
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Oddometer: 24,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlandmine View Post
Trying desperately to find a Yamaha PW50 for my lil man. He turns 3 tomorrow and havn't had any luck. I had one lined up from Craigslist and the guy sold it 2 mins before I pulled up with cash to buy it, he even new I was on the way. If anyone has one for sale let me know. I am located up in the Lake Pleasant area.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/3335103535.html
Old 10-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #8132
F800ekelley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Anyone up for a ride tommorow.
F800ekelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #8133
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800ekelley View Post
Anyone up for a ride tommorow.
Off or on rd?? I need to take my 6fiddy for a spin i got till 3pm, if u wanna do some off rd i have a idea.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #8134
F800ekelley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Either is fine with me I got the F800 so not up for single track, got any ideas. Time and location u want to meet I am in NE valley but up for what ever
F800ekelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #8135
Crashed Bad
Big man, little bike

Oddometer: 2,188
TT Roadhouse Send off party tonight

I PM'd and texted many of you already this morning. We are getting together at the TT Roadhouse (NE corner of 68th st and Thomas Rd in Scottsdale) for bike night tonight and having a sendoff for John Graves/ azcagiva and the rest of the team leaving for mexico to race in the Baja 1000.

There's more info here , but these guys are raising awareness and money for the Wounded Warrior Project that assists injured veterans.

Rick
Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #8136
Racer_man
500,000 miles so far

Oddometer: 34
Requirements for street legal in Maricopa county?

Looking to the wisdom here for advice on getting my WR450 street legal here in Maricopa County. I know I need headlight, tail light, brake light, horn and mirror, and emissions. I don't see a requirement for turn signals, and since the bike will be used 99% off road, I'd rather not install any. Is there an actual inspection performed? Anyone have a WR450 thru emission testing recently?

Any advice, suggestions, or experience with this is appreciated!

Thanks!

Garry
Old 10-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #8137
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

There is a weak assed inspection performed but no turn signals needed. I don't even think I had a mirror when I got my DR650 inspected. There are some threads about emissions testing but just lean it out if it's fat right now. That or take it to Dillon's @ Zen Moto and he'll pay off the emissions testing guys to pass it for ya.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #8138
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,008
Emissions

I read a lengthy report on the bike testing finally being put through and bikes will not have to be tested starting in 45 to 60 days. Anyone else hear this?
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #8139
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
I read a lengthy report on the bike testing finally being put through and bikes will not have to be tested starting in 45 to 60 days. Anyone else hear this?
Only thing I could find was HB2073 which appears to have been pushed back to 2014.

http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocument...Session_ID=107
Old 10-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #8140
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

HELLO!

http://arizonabill.newsvine.com/_new...pinal-counties

Quote:
ATTENTION !!!
Are you ready for the GREATEST NEWS ever, that many of us have been working on for the better part of 10 years? The EPA is about to APPROVE the ADEQ's State Implementation Plan (SIP), requesting the ELIMINATION OF EMISSIONS ON MOTORCYCLES IN MARICOPA COUNTY !!!
I just got a call from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ), stating the following:
As recently reported, the ADEQ had been expecting a 'Disapproval Notice' from the EPA on the last SIP that they submitted, due to the Revision of Ozone Levels at the federal level. Come to find out that when EPA recently submitted their disapproval draft to their D.C. headquarters for approval, the D.C. office apparently had a change of mind and REVERSAL OF OPINION from the last time they dictated what the EPA was to do.
According to ADEQ this morning, the D.C. office just told the EPA that they were wrong, and that the EPA was to APPROVE the ADEQ's request for elimination of yearly motorcycle emissions in Maricopa/Pinal County (AREA A). What happens next?
ADEQ expects the proposed EPA action to be signed this week and published in the Federal Register within 2 weeks. That starts the approximately 30 day Public Comment and EPA response to Pubic Comment period. Once that is complete, the EPA will sign the final action and then have 2 weeks to publish that in the Federal Register. The entire process should be FINAL and EFFECTIVE 60 days from that time frame. This will make our Revised Arizona Statute become law.
The ADEQ will be working with Arizona's MVD during that 60 day time frame, to REVISE the registration forms to no longer state the requirement of emissions on those motorcycles registered in AREA A.
Bottom line is that the elimination of yearly emissions on motorcycles in AREA A should be effective by the end of first quarter of 2013 or before.
Bobbi Hartmann
Legislative Researcher-Consultant
Old 10-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #8141
nochain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Hey new to ADV

Hi all, just checking in as new member interested in local off road ride for my KTM625. Been riding for a long time mostly street but first started out in the dirt as a kid. I am finalizing the my mechanical work i.e. carb tear down and valve check this week/end and will be wanting to go on some off road rides soon as the weather is cooler now.

I live in south Chandler and just want a place to get some basic re-learning experience to get my feet wet again and check out the bike that's "close". Anyone have any suggestions where I might be able to do that without a long ride just to get there? I have the off road sticker but most of the land down here is res.
nochain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #8142
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

The closest out here used to be a place out by Johnson Ranch but about a month ago they fenced the area off. I believe it's a toss up between Bulldog Canyon and Desert Wells over there going towards Florence as to the closest area to ride around these ways now. Good luck on getting reacquainted with your steed.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #8143
nochain
Adventurer

Thank you Cyberdos. Is there anyting at or around all the land at San Tan Mountain NP? Seems like thats close enough in case I have mechanical problems.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #8144
nochain
Adventurer

gosh now that I think about it I am just looking for some dire roads for a start. I know this is simple but I want to start from the easy side
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #8145
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

It doesn't get much easier than Desert Wells. I haven't explored San Tan much but I believe there's only one road through there (Brenner Pass) and it's not all much fun. That still dumps you out there to the other side of San Tan which is all rez. No go through any of those parts.

The place I was talking about out there in Johnson Ranch is here. It's a pretty neat area and it seems like the fences go up and as soon as they do, a week later, they go down.

So it may be worth a shot to go out there an poke around. Here's a pic from last time I was out there with the kid.

I may be going out this weekend with the kid just to put put around. Maybe we can get a super n00b ride goin'.

ps. you may just want to find an empty lot nearby and get your feet wet that way. I had luck at both places I've lived (val vista & pecos) and here in Queen Creek that I've found empty areas that nobody really seems to give a fuck about and I go out there and do some pop a wheelies and donuts when I get a dirt low.