Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #1321
naginalf
Handy Schtroumpf

Oddometer: 247
Oh, ok. Sorry for the dumb question, I've only ever seen the little motorcycle scrollers, although at $3-500+ for a simple scroller, it looks like I finally have a use for all these returned revolution gel scrollers here at work! I know most of you don't know wtf I'm talking about, it's a lighting industry thing. However, if successful, I may be able to make these on the cheap.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #1322
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 23,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by naginalf View Post
Oh, ok. Sorry for the dumb question, I've only ever seen the little motorcycle scrollers, although at $3-500+ for a simple scroller, it looks like I finally have a use for all these returned revolution gel scrollers here at work! I know most of you don't know wtf I'm talking about, it's a lighting industry thing. However, if successful, I may be able to make these on the cheap.
hah, if they can take two legs of a Pantera tour, they ought to be able to hold to bouncing around the front end of a bike :lol

This is probably the best one on the market right now... there are different towers you can get that will mount to either the handlebars, or better yet the steering neck on the frame.

http://www.rallymanagementservices.c...rsal-rally-kit
Old 10-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #1323
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 6,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Wonder how neduro "got away" without wearing one?

Dunno, there was some talk about it at the time; It would be interesting to find out. Maybe he had a note from his mother

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #1324
P Rooney
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Well back from the Safari with a bit of a holiday on the way home. Have been reading what people have written and the support for Jason and the BM. I would like to thank Jason for making the effort to come downunder to do the race, and for the not give up attitude he displayed in getting the BM to the finish. I also thank all the people who have shown their support on the net and in person. It is not easy to turn up with an old bike to compete against all the latest bikes on offer. As a lot of people say 'why bother' but being an enthusiast and seeing the pleasure that others get out of it makes it all worth while. Thank you Jason and thank you to all the other enthusiasts out there. Paul
P Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #1325
Gone-Native
XPLORER

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Rooney View Post
Well back from the Safari with a bit of a holiday on the way home. Have been reading what people have written and the support for Jason and the BM. I would like to thank Jason for making the effort to come downunder to do the race, and for the not give up attitude he displayed in getting the BM to the finish. I also thank all the people who have shown their support on the net and in person. It is not easy to turn up with an old bike to compete against all the latest bikes on offer. As a lot of people say 'why bother' but being an enthusiast and seeing the pleasure that others get out of it makes it all worth while. Thank you Jason and thank you to all the other enthusiasts out there. Paul

And thank you, Paul, for giving Jason the opportunity to race your beautiful bike
Old 10-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #1326
patanga
BMWAirheadsDownunder

Oddometer: 160
Great show Paul

Paul & Jason,,, You guys put in a huge effort and put on a great show. All credit to you. Thanks and hope you can do it all again next year.

patanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #1327
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,880
Thumb

Quote:
I have uploaded the Prologue...
...man that is so fun to watch full screen. that boxer sounds like it really ran strong.
It appeared you were doing some pretty good speed there at the end.
Gettin' in the Rythm'.

...kinda bends your mind when you think your doin so well on the Beeg Biike and then a 450 just blows by ...

G'donaya Stage...more now more.
'81 R100RS Rattlecandy Red
'06 950 ADV Orangeboom
91 R100GSPD Derelict

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #1328
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

HEy!

Gday everyone, and let me say THANKS PAUL for everything, the ride, for mechanicking so well, for your help and expertise, and for your first and only post so far on ADV being in my thread

Hah!

Sorry I missed this before, I dont know how that happened...

But i did get turned on by my friend teh dutchie to this video: Its a really cool vid and its got good stuff but I think its B-roll stuff from the main daily videos that safari put out.

I got an email from Francesco, hes got a hankering to do the Baja 1000, and wants to know if I'd be a team with him sounds like we'd each do half of it, maybe 250 and a rest, 250 and a rest or something. We'd use his CRF450. Sounds hilarious, right? Who cares that we dont really speak the same language, literally? We'll figure it out. Sounds like a good deal, and I need to figure out how to put together a decent rally bike with a 300k range... crap... here's the video: My moment of glory forever preserved at six minutes, forty seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhy5KPsKPAg
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #1329
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,350
Wow! Baja?! Need a driver and a sandwich maker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
HEy!

Gday everyone, and let me say THANKS PAUL for everything, the ride, for mechanicking so well, for your help and expertise, and for your first and only post so far on ADV being in my thread

Hah!

Sorry I missed this before, I dont know how that happened...

But i did get turned on by my friend teh dutchie to this video: Its a really cool vid and its got good stuff but I think its B-roll stuff from the main daily videos that safari put out.

I got an email from Francesco, hes got a hankering to do the Baja 1000, and wants to know if I'd be a team with him sounds like we'd each do half of it, maybe 250 and a rest, 250 and a rest or something. We'd use his CRF450. Sounds hilarious, right? Who cares that we dont really speak the same language, literally? We'll figure it out. Sounds like a good deal, and I need to figure out how to put together a decent rally bike with a 300k range... crap... here's the video: My moment of glory forever preserved at six minutes, forty seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhy5KPsKPAg
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #1330
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

YES YOU ARE HIRED

Racing is fun, eh? How the hell are we going to make enough money, lol?

I am still thinking the Mexican 1000 could be an ART possiibility
Old 10-31-2012, 07:16 AM   #1331
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Dream bike right now?

Rooney frame, DRZ forks, R1100 rear, suppose I'll have toget two offset tires laced. Thats teh worst part.

Cant decide about an R65 hotted up motor or a regular R100.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #1332
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,206
Quote:
Dream bike right now?

Rooney frame, DRZ forks, R1100 rear,
Can a Rooney frame be made to work with a 2nd gen paralever? I thought they were monolever only? I currently have my eyes on a GSPD here in Mexico just to travel and take weekend trips on for now, but eventually to convert into a second gen paralever beast-mobile. Someday. Call me para-curious.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #1333
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
Can a Rooney frame be made to work with a 2nd gen paralever? I thought they were monolever only? I currently have my eyes on a GSPD here in Mexico just to travel and take weekend trips on for now, but eventually to convert into a second gen paralever beast-mobile. Someday. Call me para-curious.

I dont know if it will work with the oilyerear. Why not, though, you can make anything, as Paul might say. In fact he was mentioneing making on for the oilhead bikes

Man, it is the thousand bucks in offsetting a rear x 2 that is offputting. I dont even know what a Rooney frame will price out at, even for rough budget numbers.

Ugh! All that makes me think that I should either not be stupid and just put a regular decent R100 motor in it...

Or I should go full stupid and do all that R65 motor crap, as well. You only live once this lifetime. They probably wont even have airheads in the next one... it'll be all hovercraft or something.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #1334
Prutser
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
Quote:
I dont know if it will work with the oilyerear. Why not, though, you can make anything, as Paul might say. In fact he was mentioneing making on for the oilhead bikes

Man, it is the thousand bucks in offsetting a rear x 2 that is offputting. I dont even know what a Rooney frame will price out at, even for rough budget numbers.

Ugh! All that makes me think that I should either not be stupid and just put a regular decent R100 motor in it...

Or I should go full stupid and do all that R65 motor crap, as well. You only live once this lifetime. They probably wont even have airheads in the next one... it'll be all hovercraft or something.
Do you know how much wheel travel you can get using the 1100 swingarm ?

R100GS'91 (sold)
Prutser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #1335
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prutser View Post
Do you know how much wheel travel you can get using the 1100 swingarm ?
HPN lists 245mm of travel for their models using the 1100 swingarm. The 1150 swingarm is a bit shorter and will give you less.

You need to modify the subframe a bit to allow your rear wheel to travel that high.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.

Airhead Wrangler screwed with this post 10-31-2012 at 08:44 AM
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote