Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #916
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaman View Post
I found a pair of the grey Cayenne Pro pant on the resale market. I am wondering if that grey is the same as the grey on my Green/grey pro jacket? Any idea? They call it "light grey" on the pants and just green/grey on the jacket..maybe they are the same based on your earlier comments?
Hey MTman,

Yes, the grey on the Cayenne Pro pants will match the grey used on your Dark Green / Grey Cayenne Pro jacket. Nice work tracking a pair down!

Cheers,
Ali

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #917
montanaman
Traveler

Oddometer: 171
Thanks.. !

now I look forward to putting the whole suit to the test this winter !!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #918
dwenglis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
any hands on experience comparing the new Lazer Monaco Carbon, the Evoline 3ST and the HJC RPHA Max?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #919
palosose
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Thumb I do not know what boot size I should get!

Hi, my name is Pablo, I am new over here... I have a huge question, I have read that Revit runs small, however I do not know if it applies for boots... Anyway, I am in love with the Apache's... Normally I wear 8 (Nike and Adidas), but I am not sure what it must be the perfect size for me... Thanks and sorry for my english!
palosose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #920
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hi Levain,
The Powerlet and Gerbings both use a coax cable. It looks as though Alpinestars also uses a coax cable connection, so I would imagine they are compatible. The only thing to keep in mind is how much additional amperage you are adding to your controller and / or battery that might have an effect on performance or heat output.
If you are currently wearing a size 9 in Held gloves, you will likely take a size Large in the Alpinestars Tech Heated gloves. Before you purchase, I recommend giving our Gear Geeks a call to confirm the proper size.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Just placed an order. I'll let you guys know how much they rock soon Now, get em on the brown truck. I have no patience
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #921
rusic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
fresh :) sand 2

rusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #922
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by palosose View Post
Hi, my name is Pablo, I am new over here... I have a huge question, I have read that Revit runs small, however I do not know if it applies for boots... Anyway, I am in love with the Apache's... Normally I wear 8 (Nike and Adidas), but I am not sure what it must be the perfect size for me... Thanks and sorry for my english!
Hi Pablo,

I had one of our staff members here try on a pair who also takes a size 8 shoe. He was able to comfortably wear the size 41 Apache boots. While the older REV'IT! gear used to be more of a slim European fit, their 2012 and 2013 collections fit much more American (or larger) in most products. If you have any other questions on sizing, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #923
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwenglis View Post
any hands on experience comparing the new Lazer Monaco Carbon, the Evoline 3ST and the HJC RPHA Max?
Hi Dwenglis,

I have not spent any time in either of those 3 helmets, but several folks on our staff have. If you can, I suggest reaching out to our Gear Geeks to compare the 3 modular helmets. I can tell you that the Shark is the only one you can wear in true 3/4 mode, the HJC has the sportiest look and the Lazer Monaco Carbon is BY FAR the lightest modular helmet I've ever held.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #924
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusic View Post
fresh :) sand 2

Hey Rusic,

Did you snap that pic at EICMA? We've seen the new Sand 2 and will be doing a video review soon. Stay tuned to RevZillaTV to hear our take on the new version of the REV'IT! Sand jacket.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 11-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #925
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hi Pablo,

I had one of our staff members here try on a pair who also takes a size 8 shoe. He was able to comfortably wear the size 41 Apache boots. While the older REV'IT! gear used to be more of a slim European fit, their 2012 and 2013 collections fit much more American (or larger) in most products. If you have any other questions on sizing, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Ali,
This is GREAT news! It's so hard to find gear that fits us bigger guys. It's frustrating!

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #926
KonnMan04
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I'm new to this site and new when it comes time to picking out winter gear. I'm looking for a jacket that will keep me warm in temps that go down to mid / high 20's. I live in Brooklyn and work in Manhattan. My morning commute is 30 min at most and I leave for work around 6am. I have a Joe Rocket jacket that I use during late spring to early fall, when temps start to hit mid 40's is when I need to put on layer and start to get ready for my bike to go to sleep. I already wear a long sleeve collar shirt (work requirement) and adding a thick sweater makes it very hard to zip my jacket up. I also use a neck flees since my collar is short cut. So I'm looking at Teknic, Rev'It and Olympia as my winter only gear. My most important need is to wear as little added clothing as possible over my shirt and my neck doesn't get called. I want to avoid wearing a neck warmer. Being waterproof is a plus.

To sum up: My #1 thing is being warm during my morning (30 min) commute, #2 staying dry, #3 - good protection. Anything above 50's doesn't concern me as I will be using my Joe Rocket gear.

From everyones experience, can I get what I need from these brands Teknic; Rev'It or Olympia? How high do collars go? Will they stop wind from entering or do I still need to wear my fleece neck warmer? Are there any other issues I should be aware before I buy?

I get hot easy and I can bare cool temp well, but have a limit.

My choices are:

Teknic - Freeway (Hi-Viz)
Rev'It - Horizon (Hi-Viz)
Rev'It - Energy (Hi-Viz)
Rev'It - Legecy (Hi-Viz)
Olympia - AST2 (Hi-Viz)
BMG - Discovery

Hi-Viz is for being viziable and safe but will consider other colors.

I will be heading over to RevZilla store in PA to exchange my Olympia X-Moto this Saturday.

Also any pance recomindation is appriciated as well. Keep in mind that this gear is WINTER USE ONLY!!!

Thank you for everyonce help.

KonnMan04 screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 06:17 AM
KonnMan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #927
worthydog
Shosholoza

Oddometer: 459
winter gloves

I am going on a trip through the Patagonias to Tierra Del Fuego (50% dirt) and I need some waterproof gloves. We will have long periods at high speed on highway and lots of slower gravel roads. I expect temps in the 30's in the mornings. I am looking at the Bastion, Fusion and Alaska gloves. Can you rank them (in order) for:

Warmest?
Most comfortable?
Best feel for controls?
best for gauntlet in and out of jacket? (Cayenne)
best with grip warmers?
best protection?

Thanks for your input. You guys run a solid outfit
worthydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #928
Steve Kolenda
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Anthony,

Going to purchase a Klim Badlands jacket. Any special pricing in the near future? What is you price guarantee? If price drops withing 30 days will you rebate?

Steve
Steve Kolenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #929
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthydog View Post
I am going on a trip through the Patagonias to Tierra Del Fuego (50% dirt) and I need some waterproof gloves. We will have long periods at high speed on highway and lots of slower gravel roads. I expect temps in the 30's in the mornings. I am looking at the Bastion, Fusion and Alaska gloves. Can you rank them (in order) for:

Warmest?
Most comfortable?
Best feel for controls?
best for gauntlet in and out of jacket? (Cayenne)
best with grip warmers?
best protection?

Thanks for your input. You guys run a solid outfit
Hey Worthydog,

All 3 of those REV'IT! GTX gloves are great options. Here are my replies to your features: Warmest: Bastion or Alaska. Most Comfortable: Fusion. Grip feel: Fusion. Cuff adjustability: Bastion. Best with heated grips: Fusion. Best Protection: Alaska. As you can see, the responses are quite varied. I suggest looking at what features are most important and make the decision accordingly. If I had to pick only one, I would vote for the Alaska, as it offers the best protection and I prefer leather gloves and hard knuckles, but that is my personal preference. The new Fusion gloves are very comfortable and will save you a few dollars too.
If you still need help selecting the right gloves, our team of Gear Geeks are here to help.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #930
worthydog
Shosholoza

Oddometer: 459
great input. The fusions sound interesting. What kind of temps will they handle with and without grip warmers? price is not an object since I will keep these for years. Besides, you feel stupid saving a few bucks when your hands hurt.
worthydog is offline   Reply With Quote