Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #61
WeeBee
Roaming ADV Gnome

Oddometer: 1,529
Thanks - I sent you an email through ADVrider asking about the possibility of a sample.

WeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #62
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTA
Thanks - I sent you an email through ADVrider asking about the possibility of a sample.
Don't think I got that
Old 01-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #63
WeeBee
Roaming ADV Gnome

Oddometer: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by themenz
Don't think I got that
Resent to gene at motosolutions dot com

WeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #64
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer: 12,550
I can clear up the question about polarized lenses. Polarizing filters are not a coating- and they're not applied to the outside of the lens. They're a thin, delicate film- similar to a venetian blind. For that reason, they have to be sandwiched between two lenses. There's nothing about a polarized lens that would preclude the use of this product on them- but you might run into an issue with an "AR" or anti-reflective coating. Perhaps you've already encountered that and can give us some feedback on how the product(s) work with lenses that have an AR on them??? Thanks- Looking forward to using these products on my ski goggles with built in Rx lenses. Fog's always a big issue- and getting the powder to roll off the outside of the lens would be great, too.

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #65
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,758
Giving this thread a bump.... Anyone out there using or have used any of these products?
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #66
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
I tried the Raincoat on my Shoei RF1000 shield. After trying many different ways to apply, I could never get it to work very well, and when it did work, it was only temporary. I was envisioning something like what Rain X does on my auto glass, but while it worked better than an untreated shield, it just didn't seem to like my particular shield very well. Gene was very nice and offered me free kits, but since I think it is my shield that is the issue, I declined his generous offer. Right now I am using spray beeswax on my visor exterior and also as a polish for my bike. It works like the great Honda cleaner, but lasts much longer.
At the cost, the Raincoat is definitely worth a try, and if it works on your shield you are golden.
I have not tried the Fogtech, as the Clarity Defog I have been using works well on my visor. I did try the spray beeswax thinking how convenient it would be to use just one product inside and out, but it doesn't work for antifogging worth a damn. Again, based upon the many positive reviews, I would try the Fogtech if you have not discovered something that works for you. As a company, I think Motosolutions stands behind their products, and Gene seems like he really cares about customer service.
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #67
earthroamerxvlt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
My wife and I have used both the Fogtech and the Raincoat products with great success. There is a distinct difference in the effectiveness and longevity of the bulk products as opposed to the individual packets. The individual packets were very effective for quite awhile and are a different formulation than the bulk spray products. We first tried the Fogtech last year when passing through Red Lodge Montana on the way over the Beartooth Pass. It was 80 degrees and clear in Red Lodge, but we could see weather moving in over the mountains. We pulled the bikes over to suit up and opened a packet of Fogtech and applied to the insides of both our shields. Within 40 minutes of leaving Red Lodge we ran into high winds, rain, sleet, hail, snow, and freezing temperatures. The Fogtech kept our visors clear in very difficult and dangerous conditions. Although unexpected, the one initial treatment kept working for several weeks. I would highly recommend the Fogtech individual packets.

We have recently started started using the Raincoat individual packets so I don't have as much experience with this product but it has worked extremely well on the few occasions we have been caught out in the rain recently. With our limited experience using this product it seems as though an application of this product is going to last considerably longer and work better than other products I have tried.

After trying each of the products on both the bulk spray dispensers and the packets I would highly recommend sticking with the packets, they are definitely more effective and last much, much longer per application.

John
earthroamerxvlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #68
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,656
Fogtech beats the hell out of using a pin-lock. Love it and need to order some more.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #69
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Thumbs Up

I ordered both products and I am happy to say they both are working as advertised.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #70
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I ordered both products and I am happy to say they both are working as advertised.
Thanks for posting that. What type of helmet? And did you get the Raincoat paste or the spray?
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #71
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by themenz View Post
Fixed. The ADVRIDER 20% off coupon is valid again.
Expired again.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #72
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
Expired again.
Sorry,

Now valid until the end of 2013!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #73
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,482
Thanks, ordered a kit.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #74
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themenz View Post
Thanks for posting that. What type of helmet? And did you get the Raincoat paste or the spray?
I have it on my AFX-39 and my Hawk Modular. I bought the packets/paste.
Both had major fogging issues fixed by the Fogtech. Tried out the Raincoat on my way to work this morning and it pretty much acts like RainX does on a car windshield.
Edit: Guess I should have looked into the ADV discount, but even without it the cost is minimal for the results.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #75
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I have it on my AFX-39 and my Hawk Modular. I bought the packets/paste.
Both had major fogging issues fixed by the Fogtech. Tried out the Raincoat on my way to work this morning and it pretty much acts like RainX does on a car windshield.
Edit: Guess I should have looked into the ADV discount, but even without it the cost is minimal for the results.
Sorry, did not realize that the coupon had expired. Send me a PM with your order number. I think I can credit you or at least send you some more product.

And I appreciate the report, especially on the Raincoat. The contact angle with water is 109 degrees which is pretty close to water on a new teflon pan. Smaller drops don't move as fast as the big ones.

Have you tried the Raincoat at night?