Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 619 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #27361
Dooga
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefjerky View Post
You can still get the p7 psp's cheap (well, $600). IIRC they are the same except for the mag release button.
I really do want a P7. What do I need to look for and also avoid?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #27362
Dooga
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 276
Three of my carry pieces in their Kydex IWB holsters by PJ Holsters.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #27363
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooga View Post
My current favorite firearm at the moment is a full sized CZ 75 B
Old 11-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #27364
soewe812
Wag more Bark less

Oddometer: 999
Don't forget that it was Rmoney that made the Assault weapon ban permanent in Mass.
soewe812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #27365
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger

Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSJEEPER View Post
Dude, the only reason anything gun related goes up after an election, is people spouting on the web about how its gonna go up. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

We've all been paying out the ass for ammo, simply because
A) the NRA ran some bogus horseshit about a 500% tax
B) someone started a rumor about serial numbers on bullets

Everyone calm down, and buy normal amounts of shit... we screw ourselves when we drive up prices artificially based on bogus horseshit.

Just FYI
This.
KLR Doohickey Wrench available!
The North Florida Tag-O-Rama wants YOU!
newcastleadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #27366
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanjo_NY View Post
So excited.. just got my new shotgun!
This thing is a beauty, at least to my eyes!
Next to the 590A1 looks like "the beauty and the beast"
Here some pics.
Sweet side-by-side. Very very nice. I am presently in the market for one. Back when I was about 15 my dad bought me a really nice used Win. Model 21. Amazing gun, I shot it for years, decades, and still have it. It's a safe queen now as they are collectible and hard-to-come-by.

I love the wide sighting plane of a SxS, find it better (for me) for wing shooting or clay birds than a single barrel or OU. I realize that most prefer the latter, but that's what I grew up with and what feels natural to me. Plus there's a satisfying Elmer Fudd vibe to a SxS.

I was looking recently at the CZ Bobwhite and Ringneck. I'll probably get one of those sometime in the not-too-distant future, although am keeping my eyes open for other options too. Great find!

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #27367
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooga View Post
Started with a G23, moved to a baby G26, and now actually carry the LCP which is actually small enough for me to always have on me.
Yeah, I carry my LCP more than anything else because its so easy to slip in a front pocket. Holy crap though, is it hard to hit anything with. Only gun I've ever bought and the first mag I shot out of it was spread beginner style
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #27368
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post

I love the wide sighting plane of a SxS, find it better (for me) for wing shooting or clay birds than a single barrel or OU. I realize that most prefer the latter, but that's what I grew up with and what feels natural to me. Plus there's a satisfying Elmer Fudd vibe to a SxS.

I was looking recently at the CZ Bobwhite and Ringneck. I'll probably get one of those sometime in the not-too-distant future, although am keeping my eyes open for other options too. Great find!
I have the Bobwhite, 20g. It's very nice and I think you'd like owning one. edited to add: I have the shorter 26" and it swings well; although I think the 28" would be just as nice.

To the poster with the Mossberg, where is it manufactured? I'm assuming Turkey?

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.

acesandeights screwed with this post 11-02-2012 at 08:59 AM
acesandeights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #27369
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,467
Question Mag Release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSJEEPER View Post
Yeah, I carry my LCP more than anything else because its so easy to slip in a front pocket. Holy crap though, is it hard to hit anything with. Only gun I've ever bought and the first mag I shot out of it was spread beginner style

Like you I very often carry the LCP in a pocket, particularly when wearing shorts (and no belt for a holster). I often find that at some point I have released the mag. This happens often enough that I now automatically tap on the butt whenever it is removed from the pocket to seat the mag and prevent the gun from being a single shot. have you found this to be a problem as well? I am thinking that I will thin down the release button figuring that a slower reload after 6 beats the heck out of having the mag drop after one but haven't tried it yet.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225

Fire Escape screwed with this post 11-02-2012 at 09:17 AM Reason: grammer
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #27370
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by soewe812 View Post
Don't forget that it was Rmoney that made the Assault weapon ban permanent in Mass.
yeahbut, compared to the O who wants to make it permanent in all 50 states that isn't that bad.....
Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #27371
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 12,957
d'ya guys mind? I'd rather not see this thread disappear. I know these are stressful times. Thanks.

Just ordered the blackhawk pocket holster for my LC9. Still can't get over how much I like that little pistol.
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #27372
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina

Oddometer: 4,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase
Sweet side-by-side. Very very nice. I am presently in the market for one. Back when I was about 15 my dad bought me a really nice used Win. Model 21. Amazing gun, I shot it for years, decades, and still have it. It's a safe queen now as they are collectible and hard-to-come-by.

Thanks, I also grow up with my fathers OLD 16G SxS with external hammers, and because those GREAT memories I have especial feelings for SxS

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesandeights View Post

To the poster with the Mossberg, where is it manufactured? I'm assuming Turkey?
The A1 is made in CT, the Onyx Turkey.
The details and finish of the Onyx are of GREAT craftsmanship!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #27373
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
Like you I very often carry the LCP in a pocket, particularly when wearing shorts (and no belt for a holster). I often find that at some point I have released the mag. This happens often enough that I now automatically tap on the butt whenever it is removed from the pocket to seat the mag and prevent the gun from being a single shot. have you found this to be a problem as well? I am thinking that I will thin down the release button figuring that a slower reload after 6 beats the heck out of having the mag drop after one but haven't tried it yet.

Bruce
It hasn't happened to me, but the desantis pocket holster I carry it in covers the mag release as well.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #27374
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
d'ya guys mind? I'd rather not see this thread disappear. I know these are stressful times. Thanks.

Just ordered the blackhawk pocket holster for my LC9. Still can't get over how much I like that little pistol.
It is not political, to ask fellow gun owners to stop spreading false panic on the web and thus driving prices through the roof for all of us. If we all added up the extra $$ we have spent on ammo over last few years relative to where prices SHOULD be, all over panic with no basis, it would be a staggering sum.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #27375
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanjo_NY View Post
The A1 is made in CT, the Onyx Turkey.
The details and finish of the Onyx are of GREAT craftsmanship!
The Turkish shotguns I've seen have been very nice. My CZ Bobwhite is higher quality than I would expect for the price. I expected the Onyx was the same, a Turkish gun of high quality.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: