ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #16
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer: 1,397
Good luck with it! I love barn finds, I wish I got more of them.

I'd help, but you're in the wrong Claremont.
New Rider Training in the San Francisco Bay Area at Motorcycle University". Learn to Ride...Better!
Roadracer_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #17
jarthur
Old Desert Rat

Oddometer: 229
TE 610 Info

There is a TE 610 thread under Thumpers here on ADV. Good resource generally. I have had a 2006 model since 2007, and I do nearly all maintenance myself. The bike is pretty good in OEM trim. There are a few mods that I feel are definitely worth the expense (Ex. IMS 4 or 5 gallon tank), depending on intended use.

The best advice of all is a reliable source of parts. MotoXotica in Vacaville is best for parts 707-446-4282. Malcolm Smith is OK in Riverside. George at Uptite Husqvarma in OC is very knowledgable, but sometimes hard to reach, and not timely on getting stuff done at least by phone (Ex. I asked for a replacement rear bracket for one of his bash plates. Three months later I still did not have one. I bought another bash plate from a competitor. My riding buddy bought one of his clutch lever assemblies, but the hole for the cable was not right. He shipped it to George who promised to ream the hole bigger. Months later he still has not gotten it back. Maybe George is better if you walk in the door. His products are very well done though.)

Feel free to e-mail or PM me if you have questions.

'06 Husky TE 610, '07 Triumph Tiger 1050, '93 ATK 605
jarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #18
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
What's the plan for the bike?

I'm missing something. Did someone make a barn find of this bike and bring it to you to fix? Or did you find and acquire the bike? If so, do you plan on selling once you get it fixed up?
It's a friends bike and he brought it to me for diagnosis and possible fix. (on a budget, free).

I have tons of time so am giving it a go. I really don't know if it's a suitable bike for him, what with the tempremental kick start and all. Plus it's basically a titled race bike.

I'm going to do the usual no cost stuff to try and start it. After that we will see what pans out.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

DMV paperwork/room rental/motorbike/vehicle buying/Travelers help
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #19
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthur View Post
There is a TE 610 thread under Thumpers here on ADV. Good resource generally. I have had a 2006 model since 2007, and I do nearly all maintenance myself. The bike is pretty good in OEM trim. There are a few mods that I feel are definitely worth the expense (Ex. IMS 4 or 5 gallon tank), depending on intended use.

The best advice of all is a reliable source of parts. MotoXotica in Vacaville is best for parts 707-446-4282. Malcolm Smith is OK in Riverside. George at Uptite Husqvarma in OC is very knowledgable, but sometimes hard to reach, and not timely on getting stuff done at least by phone (Ex. I asked for a replacement rear bracket for one of his bash plates. Three months later I still did not have one. I bought another bash plate from a competitor. My riding buddy bought one of his clutch lever assemblies, but the hole for the cable was not right. He shipped it to George who promised to ream the hole bigger. Months later he still has not gotten it back. Maybe George is better if you walk in the door. His products are very well done though.)

Feel free to e-mail or PM me if you have questions.
I bought my 610 from George and he is the Husqvarna master. They are race bikes, but spend a little time and they pay you back with some serious fun.

Carb cleaning is the big issue.