Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #91
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpickl00 View Post
My main question is for Silver and I hope he see's this...I noticed that you are in the Tulsa, OK area. I actually live in BA and work just down the road from K&N...anyway, my main question is, would you recommend any groups to get involved with in the area for someone who is interested in getting started in the racing scene in Oklahoma? I don't know anyone that rides dirt bikes in the Tulsa area, so I'm trying to put out some feelers for fellow riders in the area. When I lived in Arkansas, I had a couple of friends that raced GNCC events, but they are more than two hours away from me, and I haven't talked to them in probably 6 years, so that really doesn't help.

Does anyone else on here have any prior Mtn. Bike experience? If so, how much did it help you on a dirt bike in the woods?
Seen! Yeah I forgot about these pair of threads. I actually raced in 2 ATV Motion races. Also ATV Motion(which makes it sound like quads only) is getting a new name and they've added a few races. Check out the thread I made on them and their new name and links to the new website: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838458

I have been wanting to get a mt. bike to help with training as well but just haven't made that happen yet. I have one in the garage right now but don't like the shifters at all so giving it back to the owner. Others can chime in on how much it helps, I've never done it(yet) so can't help there.

What I can help with is people who ride and race as well. Are you on facebook? If so I can hook you into the riders group there which is all local area people who ride/race and all that, great group of bros really. Good group with good information and TONS of support if you have questions(I have/had a lot). So let me know if your on facebook and I can put in invite in for riders to ya.

For racing, if you're free this weekend and want to check it out the 17th annual gold rush is going on out at Hallet. If you really want to jump right in then you could race the beginners race on Saturday which is a 1 hour short course I believe. It's beginners and vintage and I know a few inmates here are planning on racing in it. I was going to but opted out and going to do pictures/article on it instead. If you don't feel like racing you could always come check it out, beginners race and team race on Sat, AM/Pro and Supermoto race on Sunday.

For racing around here, there are still a few going on I believe, at least I know in AR there is one this weekend for sure. For local racing you have some BJEC events if you want to try Enduros. For hare scramble you have OCCRA and OHSCS, personally I haven't run an OCCRA event but I have to say my first and second hare scramble's with ATV Motion were pretty awesome all around and I definitely enjoy the series. OHSCS is done for the season but will be kicking back off next season with new Venues and whatnot. Also there's the Almost a race on New years day in Arkansas too.

Other than that just looking to ride as much as possible, skipped last weekend for Sisters baby shower thing. This weekend is Gold rush, then hopefully riding at least one day each weekend for awhile after that. I ride with mostly faster guys than myself as I'm SLOOOOWWW still and don't have any newbies to ride with. But you're welcome to come along on some rides for sure, as well as others will post up rides in the riders section on facebook.

I'll send ya a priv message with facebook stuff. In the meantime check out a few threads if you want...

DirtyDog's Enduro thread for insight into BJEC enduros

My own first ATV Motion race, complete with mechanicals and all

Also check out my Ada race, didn't do a write up but posted some vid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Wanna see me center punch the bars with my chest? Of course you do!

I think if I didn't wad it 3 times and almost go over the bars I probably would have had more stamina. Ungngngngng. Extended version of the race. Whee!

Good times!
Also go say hi in the Oklahoma BS thread in regional forums too, lots of dirt bros there as well.

Cheers! Let me know what other Q's ya got.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #92
dpickl00
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thanks for the info Silver. I'll definitely be checking into the resources you have provided. I just responded to your PM.
Thanks again.
dpickl00 is offline   Reply With Quote