User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #331
Paddle007
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
My email is one of those many emails.

Sorry for the bad break and luckily for everyone in your circle no one took the big hit. Family stuff can be so difficult to deal with. Goodluck!

I ordered my Juggernaut last month and for what its worth I don't really need it until the first week of September. Get your head straight and listen to lots of Johnny Cash while your there. I once heard the live recording made inside the prison the first time the prisoners heard the song. Good stuff!
Paddle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #332
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 621
appreciation

Thank You for your post. It took me about 2 days to come back to "reality". I would have never lent him the money if I had any idea this was how it was going to turn out. He knew those funds came from velocitygear and that I would need it back ASAP. He told me 2-3 weeks. It's been about 4-5 months now! In any case, I feel better about the situation now and am glad to be rid of that portion of the family!!!

I have acquaintances that I've never meet through velocitygear that have more integrity than this individual! I should have trusted my gut...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #333
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

sheesh

Decided to take my nephew to a full scale bmx track here in Folsom. Trying to get back in shape and al that. Didn't even think about bringing body armor.

and now I have a seperated collarbone and one of the worst get-off's I've had since someone crossed lines over a triple taking my front end out MANY years ago.

can you say SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know what kind of rehab time to expect with one of these. It's seperated at the shoulder...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 08-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #334
DingDangKid
The milk man.

Oddometer: 2,125
Oh the irony!

I'm sorry I don't know the healing time involved. Good luck though
Old 08-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #335
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

SPENCER.... I know where you live ;)

I'm officially back in Spokane now and a huge mess to clean up. My goal is to be reorganized by 2013. I'm going to post an email address as well for people with issues that need to be taken care of ASAP...

Better yet, lets just use this one:

velocitygear@msn.com

FOLSOM BMX TRACK

[HTML]

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 08-16-2012 at 09:45 PM
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #336
zwieblekopf
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I was hoping that video was going to be of the crash
zwieblekopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #337
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

been awhile

Looking for updates and comments on the Juggernaut. I'll be revamping the Juggernaut sometime in 2013 unfortunately, it's going to take longer than I had planned...

I also have some overstock of larger sizes 3x/4x and 7 plates. If you're looking for a deal and fall into the 2x-4x size range, shoot me an email. Delivery times are roughly 10 days from purchase date.

If you've sent an email with no response, please resend it:

support@highvelocitygear.com

thank you
sincerely
JF

****please post comments for the Juggernaut revision if you have any...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 11-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #338
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
Looking for updates and comments on the Juggernaut. I'll be revamping the Juggernaut sometime in 2013 unfortunately, it's going to take longer than I had planned...

I also have some overstock of larger sizes 3x/4x and 7 plates. If you're looking for a deal and fall into the 2x-4x size range, shoot me an email. Delivery times are roughly 10 days from purchase date.

If you've sent an email with no response, please resend it:

support@highvelocitygear.com

thank you
sincerely
JF

****please post comments for the Juggernaut revision if you have any...
Good day,
I am relatively happy with the product quality is good. Ideas the chest protection is a little small for larger guy. I used to be a manly guy but now am older and larger in the mid section then I would like to admit.
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #339
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,254
No revisions I can think of, I've ridden in mine quite a bit and love it.
Took some time to get used to wearing so much armor, as all I used before was the protection in my jackets.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #340
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDQ View Post
If we are making suggestions for potential improvements, I have a couple or three.

1. When I'm riding in thick underbrush and have to lean forward or down to miss overhanging tree branches the chest protector rides up and hits me in the throat. If there was a way to improve on this it would be nice. Maybe a slightly deeper V shape at the upper edge of the chest protector??? I do have belly so the chest protector does ride up due to belly size so this may not be an issue for skinny people!

2. I would like the Velcro straps from the bottom of the chest protector that attach to the kidney belt to be longer and more substantial. Mine come unfastened during rides which further allows the chest protector to ride up.

3. I would like to see more rib protection added to the sides in some way.

All in all a very good product.
Same as stated previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bonehead View Post
Good day,
I am relatively happy with the product quality is good. Ideas the chest protection is a little small for larger guy. I used to be a manly guy but now am older and larger in the mid section then I would like to admit.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #341
Deliverator
not a replicant

Oddometer: 79
V-neck

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie and never worn the gear. I have been considering it for at least a year. Here are some thoughts I have.

It seems to me that a simple revision would be to have v-neck collar that follows the dip in the chest plates. It is surprising how little pressure in that area can be bothersome if you are exerting yourself. Also, I read that one of the guys finds his more mature physique to be a problem, this might help with upward pressure from that.

There is something about the way the chest zipper ends at the right shoulder that has always bothered me. It doesn't seem to finish and lay right in the photo. Maybe a soft, neck-friendly, Velcro tab like on a mummy bag collar closure that would cover the zipper teeth and continue the sort of collar seen on the left side? Would this also afford additional security?

Keep up your good work and focus on a scientific approach to armor. I really respect what you bring to the table around these issues.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #342
velocitygear
safety =~SPEED

armor

Hello and Thank You for the questions.

I haven't had any specific complaints in regard to the zipper and in my personal experience it's not even a thought. The neck line has been a hit and miss issue due to manufacturing. The "manufacturing" issues are something I'm trying to resolve; I'm working with new entities that have promised satisfaction- really though, they always promise that. Regardless, I'm taking steps to resolve the headache that manufacturing has become.

The neck line is one of the many...

For roughly 2 years my business has suffered due to marital issues and finances. Finally, after 15 years of marriage and a brief seperation, it appears we are now "on the same page". That in itself, is a GIGANTIC LEAP forward and will allow me to put more into this evdeavor than ever before. Unfortunately, rebuilding is going to take most of this year. I intend to still come out with our 2013 model but it's more like a 2013.5 version.

Overall, I have more hope for the coming years than ever before. I don't expect to hit 2013 with the ball rolling, as I have become the stay at home dad while I try to rebuild. My youngest, goes to school full time next year so I expect to have much more time to pursue the goals. This year is going to be slow but sure..

I've received "flak" for mentioning personal issue with business but it's my reality. This is not a corporation or big business, simply a sole proprietorship with continued goals to provide the product that you'd make for your family and friends, rather than a product made for profits!

AND THAT is what separates me from the "Industry"!

As I've always said, if I'm riding motorcycles, I'll also be in the Apparel Industry. Riding motorcycles is my life-long passion, hands down and this little business has saved my a$$ more times than I can count. For me, that in itself makes it ALL worth it!

Please feel free to ask any questions and Thank You again for taking the time..

sincerely
jf

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #343
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,420
I have a Juggernaut and like it but it is a bit cumbersome with a Leatt brace. How about opening up the collar for a Leatt?

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #344
Virtualjim
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Thumb

On the topic of service, I'll give him this...

Today I asked a simple question about how the Juggernaught fits and if it would work for my specific needs. Within 30 minutes, I had an answer waiting in the inbox and it was honest enough to say that what I need probably wouldn't work for what he has to offer.

It's one thing when a business takes care of people. It's another thing entirely when they have the guts to say, "we aren't what you need."

Just offering a my personal perspective.

Regards,
Virtualjim
Virtualjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #345
F8 Pilot
Bak in the Sadl & Lovinit

Oddometer: 81
Design Suggestion

I have one of your Juggernauts and I recently had a bad get off. Unfortunately I wasn't wearing it but had on a BMW Trailguard jacket with it's full armor.

Where I landed was on my side and cracked two ribs and severely bruised my kidney. Now the Jugger might have helped a little more but I would like to see more kidney protection not just the belt and side rib protection.