ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #676
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,427
Mr B sent you a PM
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #677
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Hey Bruce thanks for vid. In August I was on the Old Yosemite Rd going down the hill. It was very ruddy and I was glad to be going down. When I was up there a week or two back I came upon a paved section and wondered what the heck is this doing here. It didn't last long however. I did see the heavy equipment clearing brush projecting into the roadway.
I get so turned around up there even with GPS.
If the weather holds, I believe it will for at least a week, and I don't get a wild hair up my backside and go up to Oregon to make use of the good weather, I'm up for a day or two on those roads during the week. We could even base camp out of the cabin. Keep me posted on those spur of the moment rides.
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #678
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Sounds good, just flew back in from Vegas and saw the Sierra's today,,very nice dusting

[IMG][/IMG]

About 20,000 feet south of Yosemite and East of Fresno, just east of Millerton Lake, at least that is the next large body of water we flew over,,don't know that area well but it was nice flying in!!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #679
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Sounds good, just flew back in from Vegas and saw the Sierra's today,,very nice dusting

[IMG][/IMG]

About 20,000 feet south of Yosemite and East of Fresno, just east of Millerton Lake, at least that is the next large body of water we flew over,,don't know that area well but it was nice flying in!!
That's my home, about 22 miles West.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #680
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

I was on the Left side of the aircraft and could not get a bearing as I could not see YNP, but figured it was just due East of Clovis!! The snow did not look to bad from the plane but could not make out how low it fell either...

Guess winter is slowly approaching!!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 11-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #681
McKay
Studly Adventurer

We fly the rescue helo up there and in your area, the snow is not at all thick right now in riding elevations.
I'm sure that is about to change though. We picked that knucklehead lost hiker up last week at 12,000, it was just a dusting up there.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #682
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

You will have a good time on the BMW ride, Tanner always puts on a good show!! Wouldn't worry too much about the Tiger, I am sure they'll let you ride.!!!!.so you with the Sheriffs S&R? I have worked on fixed wing stuff (Boeing and MD) for a long time and have always wanted to learn the helio's, used to fly remote control helios but kept crashing????

Have a good ride tomorrow and perhaps we can ride one of these weekends before too long
l

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 11-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #683
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
You will have a good time on the BMW ride, Tanner always puts on a good show!! Wouldn't worry too much about the Tiger, I am sure they'll let you ride.!!!!.so you with the Sheriffs S&R? I have worked on fixed wing stuff (Boeing and MD) for a long time and have always wanted to learn the helio's, used to fly remote control helios but kept crashing????

Have a good ride tomorrow and perhaps we can ride one of these weekends before too long
l
I contract with the CHP. Came from a long ride in the airlines (AA) before I found helos and the freedom they provide. We work very close with the Sherriff's dept, great bunch of people.

Im looking forward to the ride with Tanner, almost bought a Husky from him last year but got offered a closeout price that I couldn't resist near my dads place in Prescott.

Would love to ride.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #684
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

McKay, I too will be riding along with the BMW group.
Yellow Suzuki DRZ is mine.

My buddy Heck standing next to his huge R1200GS had a hell of a time on one section of rode that day. All brands of bikes are welcome on those BMW group rides.

coarsegoldkid screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 03:32 PM
Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #685
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
McKay, I too will be riding along with the BMW group.
Yellow Suzuki DRZ is mine.

My buddy Heck standing next to his huge R1200GS had a hell of a time on one section of rode that day. All brands of bikes are welcome on those BMW group rides.

I look forward to meeting you. Do you know if the meeting is at the old gas station on the West side or the new big one on the East?

Ive got a Husky 449 I considered taking but its really a dirt bike with plate, not at all fun on the hi-way and fuel range is very limited.
I need to see what the Tiger (or me) can do anyhow. Tanner says its an easy ride.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #686
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Today I met up McKay. He also goes by another name. Here are some pics from the ride. One pic gives belly up a whole new meaning. Oh! and it started right up.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1003134...eat=directlink
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #687
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Good to meet you Joe, had a great ride, well, most of us did!
Need to head out again soon before its all snowed over.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #688
Daryl D
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
BMW shop ride

Just wanted to say I had a great time on the ride also. I thought it went very and it was fun. This was the first time I have gone on a shop ride with the BMW group.

Good to meet you Joe and Jeff

Let me know when you want to ride again

Daryl

(I was on the Yamaha WR250R)
Daryl D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #689
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl D View Post
Just wanted to say I had a great time on the ride also. I thought it went very and it was fun. This was the first time I have gone on a shop ride with the BMW group.

Good to meet you Joe and Jeff

Let me know when you want to ride again

Daryl

(I was on the Yamaha WR250R)
Good to meet you too!

(Was on the Tiger)

Im good most times, also have a Husky 449 in the garage that is more inline with the WR.

Was wondering yesterday when I got home, how's the mileage on your bike? Looked like you had the stock tank still on.

McKay screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 10:55 AM
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #690
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,427
So how hard is it to get a 1200GS upside down like that.
Was the guy trying to check the oil or what??
Hope he was ok,
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote