ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #8146
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Place to ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochain View Post
gosh now that I think about it I am just looking for some dire roads for a start. I know this is simple but I want to start from the easy side
I think this place is a great place to go with some easy dirt roads unless you go to far east. I live in south Chandler too so it's only about 45 minutes to an hour to get out there depending on traffic.
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #8147
nochain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Cyberdos Thanks thats exactly what I need and alos some one to ride with. I really am not very conformable riding alone on a bike that I am not familiar with both mechanically and riding wise. I dont think getting stranded out in BunbleF would be much fun alone. I still have to check my valve clearances and install the carb that I just rebuilt and doubt I will be able to get err done this weekend (still waiting for my special feeler gauge in the mail). So I will take a rain check on that for another day soon!

Mrgoldfish It looks like that area is the launching point for a lot of places just East of there. Where about in Chandler do you live? what kind of bike do you run (enduro or dirt only)? I put signals on my bike and made it street legal since I dont have a truck to cart it around. Still leaves me with a fuel dilemma as I have not yet added a larger tank (since I am just getting the bike ready for my first time riding).

Ron AKA "Nochain"
nochain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #8148
braknstuf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Was just over to the place by Johnson Ranch last night its pretty tame and there are alot of fences still in place through it hasnt seemed to deter anyone. Nochain, Im out that direction through my bike is very much street oriented. Feel free to send me a PM if your headed out that way though.
Brak
braknstuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #8149
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Mrgoldfish It looks like that area is the launching point for a lot of places just East of there. Where about in Chandler do you live? what kind of bike do you run (enduro or dirt only)? I put signals on my bike and made it street legal since I dont have a truck to cart it around. Still leaves me with a fuel dilemma as I have not yet added a larger tank (since I am just getting the bike ready for my first time riding).

Ron AKA "Nochain"
I live at Ray Road and McQueen and ride a KLR. I enjoy both slab and dirt. I just don't have a lot of time to play right now with all the stuff going on right now. Check out the photos below though of a ride I did with my wife, brother and his girlfriend.

My brother is standing next to his KLR while mine is on the right.

We rode up through Yarnell, AZ on our way to Prescott. Zach lost all the junk tied onto the back of his bike going through the twisties so though it was a good time to take a break.

After camping south of Prescott in the pine trees that night. We went into town and stopped at one of the lakes to look at the funky rocks across the way.

Then we drove up through Jerome and found a few black bears on the side of the rode so we stopped and snacked.

There's some pics of the bike and little bit of adventure for you too.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #8150
nochain
Adventurer

Cyberdos I sure wish my dad was into bike....your son is VERY lucky!!!!!

Braknstuff thanks yes maybe in two weeks I will head over there and PM you

Mrgoldfish (lol funny handle) looks like you guys had an awesome time. I sold my Shadow Ace Tourer last year to get my RC51. I had hopes the wife and I could do trips like that but timing etc never made it happen. Did not ride the tourer much so I got my second race inspired bike (the other is an FZR600) so I am now a single up rider. The bike I recently got that I want to tool around with is a KTM sxc625. Its not exactly a touring bike but more of a jackhammer .
Old 11-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #8151
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 22,862
ooooo...RC51.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #8152
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The bike I recently got that I want to tool around with is a KTM sxc625. Its not exactly a touring bike but more of a jackhammer .
Still puts a smile on your face though I imagine!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #8153
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,745
Getting the feeling of Dakar?? My boy is not even 2 and he's climbing on my DRZ by himself and able to stir the handlebars. He'll be 2 this month.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #8154
nochain
Adventurer

DRZeddy that's freaken awesome! What a great life that kid is going to have!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #8155
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Quote:
What a great life that kid is going to have!!!!!!
Thanks nochain, from ur mouth to the gate of heaven. I always pray for my kid & any kid to have a great life. They'll inherit this planet so we better do a good job raising them huh ...
Cheers.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #8156
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Payson Dual Sport How'ln At The Moon

Does anyone have any pics to post from last weekend's Howl'n At The Moon Sunday's "A" loop? It seemed like eighty miles of rocks, but maybe it's just my imagination. My buds who I rode with took some, I'll post as soon as they send them.
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #8157
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,070
Hey Eddie

My god, Jasper sure has grown since the last time I saw him, give him an extra love spank on his b-day for me, ok

Just two more months till Dakar and the Coma, Despres show, lets see now ,it's Comas turn to win this year,right?
I'm getting my F5 finger in shape, going to be following Team Sparks this year, met them at Overland Expo last May & his KTM was well thought out & prepared.

I think his game plane is the same as Neduros,was last year.-- Just finish--.

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #8158
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
My god, Jasper sure has grown since the last time I saw him, give him an extra love spank on his b-day for me, ok

Just two more months till Dakar and the Coma, Despres show, lets see now ,it's Comas turn to win this year,right?
I'm getting my F5 finger in shape, going to be following Team Sparks this year, met them at Overland Expo last May & his KTM was well thought out & prepared.

I think his game plane is the same as Neduros,was last year.-- Just finish--.
Thanks Jeff i will. Btw i will cheer for Despres this year.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #8159
hethin
n00b

Oddometer: 7
My KTM 380ECX has the Flu

Hi all! I'm a long time lurker from the west valley. I mostly ride west of the White Tanks. Anywho, I need some advice on finding a wrench for my '98 KTM 380EXC. The Bike runs like a rapped ape but will not idle. I'm tearing my hair out here. I've added the JD jet kit, but still no luck. It's time to have a pro take a look at it. Can any of you recommend a reasonably priced mechanic? One that has experience with two strokes?: (:
Old 11-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #8160
DcboyRider
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Take it to the pro

Take it over to Dillon @ Zen Moto the guy is top notch, just did alot of work on my 990R.
DcboyRider is offline   Reply With Quote